Profile for saa3755 > Reviews

Shattered Reflections
Shattered Reflections
by K E Page

4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling story, 9 Nov 2012
This review is from: Shattered Reflections (Paperback)
A fascinating story, I really wanted to find out what happened to the characters, and the way the author reveals the past as well as the present gradually kept me hooked. I found some of the graphic sex scenes too much, which is a reflection on my tastes rather than the book, however the story kept me engaged throughout.

There's A House Inside My Mummy (Orchard Picturebooks)
There's A House Inside My Mummy (Orchard Picturebooks)
by Giles Andreae

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous, gentle explanation of pregnancy for toddlers., 1 Nov 2004
We bought this book when I was expecting my second child to help my daughter (who was coming up to 2) understand what was happening to mummy. My daughter really identified with the child in the book, and the simple rhymes were easy for her to remember at an age where repetition was very important to her. The illustrations are brilliant too, she loved playing "spot the..." with all the background details.
I was very ill during my pregnancy, so the fact that this included the mummy getting sick really helped my little girl. I loved that it was so positive. She loved the book and now, aged five, still knows it by heart and loves reading it to her little brother.
Its not technical, if they're old enough to wonder how the baby got there or how it gets out then this isn't the right book. But I'd recommend it to any toddler expecting a sibling.