Profile for Ian Forster > Reviews

Content by Ian Forster

Ian Forster "Chungas Revenge" (UK)

My Favourite Faded Fantasy
My Favourite Faded Fantasy

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as 'O', maybe, 7 Nov. 2014
Well when I first heard 9 crimes I was a little disappointed,it just didn't have the emotional power as the songs on the debut album. Eventually 9 crimes grew on me, never loved it like O but it was good. So when I heard the third album was going to be released I was prepared to be let down just in case.

Fear not this album grabbed me on the first listen,there is not a bad track on the album. There are some tracks where Damien (I think its Damien) sings in a slightly breathy higher pitch where he almost sounds like Lisa Hannigan. Makes you realize what a stunning team they made, in fact that's what this album needs to take it up to 5 stars, just a smattering of the real deal Lisa Hannigan.

That notwithstanding its a great album and if you are a Damien Rice fan buy it immediately. If like me you buy it on vinyl then its 45 rpm

Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light On Everything
Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light On Everything

2.0 out of 5 stars Fuzz Fuzz and more Fuzz, 16 Feb. 2014
I do like ASMZ quite a bit. I have a four of their albums on vinyl. This one is pressed on 180gm vinyl so I though great clean pristine sounds. What waste they might as well have used recycled plastic bottle tops, everything is drowned in fuzzy distortion. You get very brief passages that are distortion free then bang back comes the fuzz. It just gets irritating haven't managed to listen to the whole album in one sitting yet. I don't dislike distortion but you need light and shade to keep things interesting. Was looking forward to this album but quite disappointed