Profile for Jimmy Mullins > Reviews

Content by Jimmy Mullins

Jimmy Mullins (Cork Ireland)

The Girl Nobody Wants: A Shocking True Story of Child Abuse in Ireland
The Girl Nobody Wants: A Shocking True Story of Child Abuse in Ireland
by Lilly O'Brien

3.0 out of 5 stars sadly heartbreaking, 31 July 2012
This story is sadly heartbreaking. I felt so sorry for all the children who had to live through these situations. This story is the true example of being hard done by. Not to everyones taste.

An Irish Country Childhood: We Were So Young Back Then and Every Day Was a New Adventure

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice story., 25 April 2012
Very well told, simple and to the point. Brought back to me a lot of lost memories. I think if your of a certain age you will love this.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium series Book 1)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars a five star unique story, 25 April 2012
Intelligent, complex, with a gripping plot, I haven't read such a stunning thriller in years. It's brilliantly written and very gripping, I doubt I will read a better book during this year. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - a unique story in which I was completely absorbed. 5 *****

The Journey
The Journey

1.0 out of 5 stars confused to say the least, 25 April 2012
This review is from: The Journey (Kindle Edition)
On recently purchasing 'the forgotten boy' by Patrick Norris. I was drawn to this book' The Journey' as it appears to be written by indeed Patrick's brother Tom.

On reading however, I have found myself confused as the story features Patrick and their adventures from starting point - a conflict is therefore created as to Patrick's book as he is sent to grandparents to live, and in his own words was 'forgotten'.

The cast of names and geography of location is also more than a similarity.
Amusing, but a very conflicting argument is raised to the true nature of events- making reading, just not worth it!

The Forgotten Boy An Autobiography by Patrick Norris
The Forgotten Boy An Autobiography by Patrick Norris

2.0 out of 5 stars looking forward to this record of events, 24 April 2012
being of similar age, I was looking forward to this record of events of times gone, but found this book to be contradicting? the author says he was sent away to live with grandparents and was forgotten, but reflects harshly on having an abusive loveless father and a heartless mother who he despised.
I ask myself why then the feeling of hard done by?
He was loved in the care of the family that took him in and also mentions remaining brothers of his family having to find him at the time of his mothers ending. Unusual as he yearned for there company!
A pointless, victim of life story. why jesus, why?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2012 11:14 PM BST