Profile for M. Underwood > Reviews

Content by M. Underwood

M. Underwood "Matthew Underwood" (Bucks, England)

Doctor Who - The Clockwise Man (New Series Adventure 1)
Doctor Who - The Clockwise Man (New Series Adventure 1)
by Justin Richards

4.0 out of 5 stars That Cat? Awesome!, 26 Nov. 2012
I've read a whole load of Doctor Who novels now, this being the first. To be honest I thought it was brilliant. Being a huge fan of the show, both classic and the new Doctors, I find myself imagining every scene described and I had some quite vivid scenes in my mind with this book. Ok, no spoilers, but the Cat...Brilliant! I could see what it did in my minds eye and it's the kind of thing that would go great in an episode! I would highly recommend this book.

Reviewed by Matthew Underwood, author of Solution-Earth: The Rash paperback Solution-Earth: The Rash Kindle

Star Wars the Force Unleashed
Star Wars the Force Unleashed
by Sean Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate force!, 1 Aug. 2012
I was always led to believe that Darth Vadar was the most powerful Sith, and then in 'Jedi' he would fulfill the prophecy. Although awesome, this book and it's sequel do tend to give me the impression that Vadar's becoming an old man too quickly and that maybe there are others out there that could topple the empire, other than Luke. Otherwise, the story (& video game which I happily played out on Wii) pans out perfectly, filling in the gaps of story-line in Star Wars history.

There is an excellent level of detail in finding out how certain events took place in the Star Wars universe, all fitting beautifully well around the main story line of the secret apprentice. Sean Williams creates the emotions very well behind the apprentices actions and well describes his fierce dark side anger.

Being a sci-fi & general Star Wars fan, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Brilliant!

Review by Matthew Underwood, author of Solution-Earth: The Rash paperback Solution-Earth: The Rash kindle