Profile for Jonathan > Reviews

Content by Jonathan

Jonathan (Birmingham, United Kingdom)

All-New Amazon Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD
All-New Amazon Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good for Prime video subscribers but I prefer to use ..., 16 April 2016
Slightly flaky set up - the technical helpline were no use. Eventually it seemed to work. It's good for Prime video subscribers but I prefer to use my Apple TV for everything else.

USB 2.0 A Male to A Male Cable Cord - 1.8M
USB 2.0 A Male to A Male Cable Cord - 1.8M
Offered by HDMIPerfect

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 22 Oct. 2014
Delivery took about 3 weeks. Ridiculous.

Out in the Army: My Life as a Gay Soldier
Out in the Army: My Life as a Gay Soldier

4.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming book, 24 Sept. 2013
An enjoyable book which shows how much attitudes and society have changed in the last few years. Uplifting and encouraging.

Logitech Harmony Smart Control for iPhone/Android Mobile Phone
Logitech Harmony Smart Control for iPhone/Android Mobile Phone

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Remote, 21 Jun. 2013
I bought this to replace a Harmony One which I have used for a couple of years. The screen broke and so I replaced it with the (very expensive) Harmony 1100. I really disliked it: the shape was uncomfortable and the touch screen was very lo-res and unresponsive. I sold it on ebay and bought this with the proceeds. It really is fantastic: it was very easy to set up and has worked flawlessly. The supplied remote is slim and feels beautifully made. On the odd occasion when I feel the need for a touch screen (which has been fairly rare) I can use my iPhone or iPad. Considering the price, this is the best programmable remote I have ever used, and thoroughly recommend it.

The Boy Who Bakes
The Boy Who Bakes
by Edd Kimber

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous and Inspirational, 16 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Boy Who Bakes (Hardcover)
This is a beautiful book in every way. The stunning photographs inspire you to make the well written and easily followed recipes. The text is clear and Edd's bright and cheerful character comes through - yo can sense his enthusiasm and it is easy to share Edd's love for beautiful and tasty food. Even the more tricky recipes are clearly articulated and all of them are imaginitive and fun.