Profile for Marlet > Reviews

eBoot Magnetic Clip Fridge Paper Clips Holder, 4 Pack
eBoot Magnetic Clip Fridge Paper Clips Holder, 4 Pack
Offered by eBoot

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea and great quality, 23 July 2016
I think like a lot of people, I’ve continually got my head in the fridge! It’s the one place I’m constantly looking at (Yes, I’m always hungry!) and so if I need to try and remember things, I stick notes onto the fridge. I have already got some fridge magnets on there but when I try to attach notes or reminders using them, they always fall off. That’s why I wanted to try out these magnetic paper clips from eBoot. They arrived very quickly and were clipped together. My first impression was how strong the magnets on these really are – they practically flew out of my hand to attach themselves to the fridge! You get 4 clips in the pack and I’m impressed at the quality of them – they’re really strong and sturdy, yet not so much that you can’t prise them open.

Obviously, you’re not confined to just using them on the fridge – they will stick to any metal unit you wish them to. I’m just obsessed with my fridge! ;) I tested them out using an envelope that has a lot of documents in it, so it’s heavy. The clip part gripped and held it with no issues and the magnet remained steady on the fridge. I left it there overnight to make sure it would stay, and it did, with no movement whatsoever. I’m really pleased with these – they will help me a lot, as I’m very easily distracted and have to leave reminders for myself all the time.

I received a free sample of this product to evaluate and provide an unbiased review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Stainless Steel Tumbler (16oz) with 2 Stainless Steel Straws, Cleaning Brush & Dual Layer Insulation - Travel Mug For Hot & Cold Drinks
Offered by Breakthrough Premium Products (EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really well designed, 23 July 2016
I wanted this to take to work with me, so I can keep my drinks cool at my desk. It arrived well packaged in bubble wrap, then in a cardboard box. It did smell really fusty when I first opened it, but upon further sniffing, it was the bubble wrap that smelled not the actual cup. You are also provided with 2 metal straws and a straw cleaning brush, which I thought was a nice touch. They even include a smoothie recipe booklet! It feels very sturdy and looks really good quality actually. My only concern is how it will stand up to being dropped (guaranteed with me!).

After washing it out as instructed, I managed to fit in the contents of a can of pop, plus some ice. I can report this cup does indeed keep drinks cooler for a longer time than usual. I haven’t tried it with hot drinks yet (it’s too hot at the moment) but I imagine it will also keep those hotter for longer too. The lid remains securely on, with no looseness or wobbles; I even tipped it upside down with the hole covered to test this.

Overall, I’m glad I got this – it looks good, feels sturdy and does what it says it will do and fits into the cup holder in your car too. I feel better about using a cup like this instead of buying throwaway plastic ones. And you can stick it in the dishwasher! The seller also promises a refund or exchange if you’re not happy, (although I can’t imagine you won’t be) and a lifetime warranty.

Comment Comment | Permalink

InstaNatural Vitamin C Serum for Face - Best Pure 20% Vitamin C & Hyaluronic Acid Anti-Aging Liquid Facial Serum - With Organic Argan & Rosehip Oil, Vitamin E, Ferulic Acid & Seabuckthorn Oil - 1 OZ
Offered by InstaNatural EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Really lovely, 23 July 2016
I ordered this product as I'm starting to show signs of ageing - fine lines around my eye area and mouth. I chose this particular product as it contains Hyaluronic Acid, which is known for attracting and retaining moisture to the skin. After using this for a while, I can confirm that it does indeed provide excellent moisture. However, it does take quite a long time to sink into your skin, but it makes an excellent makeup primer because of this. I have quite oily skin so I found that I could just use this without an additional moisturiser on top. So far, my skin feels smoother and my pores appear to have reduced which I am pleased about. It hasn’t caused me to have any new breakouts either!

I was pleasantly surprised as to how big this item is, it will last me a long, long time! You can tell it is a quality, premium product with the packaging alone. It comes in a glass bottle, with a pipette dispenser. I like this type of dispense system as I find it easier to control how much product you use. I didn’t experience any stinging or other unpleasant side effects whilst using this serum; it felt refreshing and soothing. I’m pleased that this product is not tested on animals and contains organic ingredients. I love the scent of it too - a lovely, citrusy scent that is fresh, but not overpowering.

Although I was provided this serum free of charge in exchange for my honest, unbiased review, this has in no way affected my opinion of it. I would recommend this serum completely - it is a really good product at excellent value.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Arnica and Calendula Gel 500ml by Chambers & Co (Pure, 500 ml)
Arnica and Calendula Gel 500ml by Chambers & Co (Pure, 500 ml)
Offered by Chambers Guilfoyle Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars I ordered this as I pretty much the clumsiest person I know – I literally ..., 22 July 2016
I ordered this as I pretty much the clumsiest person I know – I literally always have at least one bruise about me, where I don’t even know what I did to injure myself. I have a minor interest in aromatherapy and an even more minor interest in herbology (is that even a word??), so I know that Arnica is good for bruising. You do get a huge bottle of this Arnica and Calendula gel, so that’s a good thing.

I think the seller/manufacturer is missing a huge trick here – whilst it’s good that the ‘gel is made using organic Arnica and Calendula flowers. The gel absorbs quickly and is non-sticky when dry. The colour is that of the dried herbs. It does not stain the skin in any way. We have not added any scent or colour.’ – where are the instructions on how to use?? Or what it’s good for? Sometimes it is actually dangerous to combine herbs with medication; for example, I take 2 different antidepressants, one of which has a sedative effect. As another reviewer kindly pointed out, Calendula can react with sedative type medications. I didn’t know this and I’m slightly scared when using this now.

I think the seller has a responsibility to not assume that everyone knows all about the different herbs and what they can/can’t be used for. No information was provided with the gel itself, nor is provided on the seller’s Amazon page. I was actually provided with a free sample of this gel in order to review it – how can I review it, without knowing how to use it or what it can potentially interact with? You shouldn’t have to do your own research on a product – I was expecting some information to come with it. Yes, I can email the seller afterwards if needed, but by that time, you’ve already spent your money. Could be the most amazing product in the world, but without instructions, who knows?

SEGURO® Phone and Tablet Stand, Multi-Angle Universal Universal mini fordable desk mobile phone/ipad/tablet stand docking station holder for 4 to 12-Inch tablets, E-readers and Smartphones-Silver
Offered by SEGURO

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault it at all!, 22 July 2016
This is a really good quality stand – it’s really sturdy and you can feel confident that your phone or tablet will be safe. You can’t change the position of the legs without pressing the buttons on the top in, which means it won’t suddenly collapse and chuck your phone or tablet off! It is a good solid weight – it feels reassuring and I’ve had plenty of rubbish stands in the past that were paper thin and pretty useless. This is not one of them. The bottom of the stand is protected by silicone so it won’t scratch your table (or wherever you’re resting it).

The metal is a brushed aluminium that looks really classy. You can plug your charger in without having to put it on its side, which is a first for me. I’ve reviewed a fair few of different stands in the past, and hand on heart, this is the best by miles. So simple, yet effective. All annoying niggles have been eliminated. Very impressed.

I received a sample of this product at a huge discount to evaluate and provide an unbiased review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Art Naturals Fractionated Coconut Oil 473ml 100% Natural & Pure - Best Carrier / Massage Oil
Offered by Art Naturals UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Massive bottle!, 22 July 2016
I usually use the type of coconut oil that is in solid form and then melts in your hands. When I saw this, I wanted to try it out because it looks so much more convenient! It comes with a pump dispenser as well - unfortunately, my pump dispenser didn’t work. Just a small niggle, but slightly annoying nonetheless. It didn’t stop me trying it out.

The bottle is huge so it will last you a long time. I like to use coconut oil for loads of things – mainly as a hair conditioning mask, a makeup remover and to get rid of the horrible scaly skin on my shins! I didn’t realise that you can also use it as a carrier oil for essential oils too – I will definitely be trying this out as I love aromatherapy. The oil itself is lovely – it doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy at all, and I actually have oily skin. I much prefer this fractionated oil to my normal ‘solid’ oil; it’s much more convenient. I just wish it wasn’t fragrance free - I personally love the scent of coconut oil!

Comment Comment | Permalink

Hand Cream - Anti Ageing - By Venus Secrets Natural Cosmetics -100ml - Antioxidant Protection, Nourishes and Protects the Skin - With a powerful Berry called Aronia - Suitable for Men and Women - Buy 2 & get FREE DELIVERY
Offered by Naturlife

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, really nice, 22 July 2016
I'm always on the lookout for good hand cream as my hands are always dry and chapped. I was attracted to this particular cream due to its claim of being non greasy. I hate it when you can't do anything for ten minutes whilst your cream is soaking in and your hands are slimy! This contains Almond oil , Aloe Vera, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a whole host of other goodies to protect your skin. I’ve tried Venus Secret’s face scrub previously and to date, it’s the second best face scrub I’ve ever had, so I had high hopes for this hand cream.

The product arrived quickly and is much larger than most tubes of hand cream. It smells really nice and fresh and you only need a pea sized amount to cover both hands and nails. It feels really nourishing on the skin and it is actually non greasy! It sank into my skin straightaway and left my hands really smooth for once. It does make a difference immediately, which I am really impressed with. It's slightly on the higher end of what I am usually willing to pay for hand cream, but if it works I don't begrudge paying it. This is a lovely cream and although I paid a discounted price for this item in exchange for my review, I am so happy with it, I would happily pay full price next time.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Art Naturals Protective Body Tanning Oil 8.0 oz Spray Serum - With Moisturizing & Nutritive Benefits - Made in the USA 98% Natural with Coconut, Safflower, Avocado Oil & Infused with Jojoba Oil
Offered by Art Naturals UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't stop putting it on!, 22 July 2016
Ooh I love this! I know it says it is for sun tanning, but it’s got so many more uses. I’m terrible for remembering to apply body lotion after showing etc. but I love slapping this on! It smells gorgeous – I can’t think of what it smells like, apart from holidays! It’s one of those scents that just makes you happy. Although I actually tan really easily, I’m not one for sunbathing generally. I like to apply this just before I leave the house; it sinks in so easily and doesn’t leave you all slippery. This oil gives your skin a lovely gleam instead, which looks stunning over tanned skin.

I was pleasantly surprised at how big the bottle is – this will last you absolutely ages, as you only need a couple of pumps of oil (per arm, for example). As usual with Art Naturals, it is made with a whole host of natural ingredients, such as jojoba, avocado and apricot kernel oils. I’ve had several different products from this company, and they’re all brilliant quality. This is definitely one of my favourites so far though. Art Naturals don’t test on animals either, which is very important to me.

As for its toning properties, I can’t vouch for that – my bingo wings don’t seem to have gone yet so.. ;) Just kidding - I honestly do love this; I can’t stop applying just another bit every time I walk past it! Why don’t we have smelly vision attachments yet?? Great stuff 
Comment Comment | Permalink

OfficeWorld for HP 301XL Black High Yield Ink Cartridge for HP Deskjet 1000 1010 3000 1050 1050A 1510 2050 2510 2514 2512 2544 2549 2547 2543 2548, HP ENVY 4507 4503 4508 4509 4506, HP Officejet 2620 4630 2622 2624 4634 4636
Offered by IfreeMall

5.0 out of 5 stars Save your money and get this, 22 July 2016
I always used to buy original HP ink cartridges but I’m fed up of forking out loads of money for them. I’ve tried a reconditioned one before (from somewhere else) and it worked fine, so I thought I would give this one from Office World a bash. It arrived quickly, and well packaged – it’s in a sealed cellophane wrapper and then securely packed into a cardboard box to prevent knocks. I’d just run out of ink a few days ago, so this is perfect timing.

The instructions on the cellophane are pretty difficult to read if I’m honest! Because the cellophane is dark and the writing is also fairly dark, I did have to squint a bit! I’m not bothered personally because I know how to use them, but if you’re a first timer, you might be a bit stuck. I didn’t have any issues fitting it and my printer accepted it with no issues. I’ve attached a photo showing the quality of the print out. There is no loss of quality, and the ink prints crisply and clearly – no smudges or missing bits.

I will never go back to buying original new ones again – why waste your money when this one works exactly the same? I highly recommend this from Office World.

Comment Comment | Permalink

SEGURO® iPhone 6/6s Case, Shock-Absorption Bumper with Air Cushion Technology Corners and TPU Case with Unique Grainy Shock Absorption Design for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) - Clear
Offered by SEGURO

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and feels secure, 21 July 2016
I'm probably the clumsiest person ever and I'm constantly dropping my phone! Because of this, a good phone case is a must if I want to keep my phone in good condition and not smashed to smithereens. My old case was worn out so I bought this one from Seguro. It arrived promptly and well packaged in a plastic sealed case.

It is very flexible and therefore easy to attach to your phone. You can tell it is a good quality, hard, rubberized case and it fits perfectly around all the buttons, controls and ports. My old case muffled the recording function on my phone (I use a sleep talking app!) making it difficult to understand speech - I'm really pleased with this case as I can now hear my sleep talking nonsense with crystal clear clarity! My old case was slightly thicker than this one, but I'm much happier with this one. It fits snugly so your phone still feels slim and the front of the case sticks over the edge of the screen slightly to protect the screen if placed face down.

I've found that it offers a much better grip - I've only dropped my phone twice since using this case, which is pretty much a miracle! I'm pleased to say the case protected my phone and it is still intact and without a scratch on it. I love the grainy interior of it too; I haven't seen another case like this before. Although I paid a discounted rate for this case in exchange for my honest review, I would happily pay full price for this and I don't hesitate to say if I don't like something. I feel confident that this is a premium product which is worth shelling that bit extra for, in exchange for peace of mind.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18