Profile for MariLet > Reviews

MariLet

The Magpies: A Psychological Thriller
The Magpies: A Psychological Thriller

2.0 out of 5 stars Magpies, 15 May 2013
Started off ok but soon descended into clichéd writing; at times, almost cheesy! Became boring so stopped reading halfway through.

The 5:2 Diet Book: Feast for 5 Days a Week and Fast for just 2 to Lose Weight, Boost Your Brain and Transform Your Health
by Kate Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars The 5:2 Diet, 7 April 2013
I bought this book on Kindle on the 18/02/2013 - I'd hadn't seen the Horizon documentary at that point and didn't really know anything about this way of eating. Kate's style of writing is so easy to read and warm that I read the whole thing in the afternoon and decided to start the very next day. I love the fact that she is someone who understands the 'fight' with weight loss and how difficult it is to stay on a diet, knowing that you will at some point fall off the wagon.

The 5:2 diet is the only diet I have actually stuck to in my life and so far I have lost nearly a stone; the support from Kate's Facebook group is invaluable for tips, advice, questions and good laughs too. I have actually bought other books on this subject since, but Kate's is the one I keep going back to, as the best. I have never reviewed anything on Amazon before but felt the need to recommend this. Buy it!