Profile for Mrs. V. Bradley > Reviews

Content by Mrs. V. Bradley
Top Reviewer Ranking: 510

Mrs. V. Bradley "bookaholic" (Kidderminster, Worcs., England)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hurt (DS Lucy Black)
Hurt (DS Lucy Black)
by Brian McGilloway
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars McGilloway does it again!!, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Hurt (DS Lucy Black) (Paperback)
'Hurt' is the second book to feature DS Lucy Black, and is a fast paced and thrilling read. Following the discovery of the body of a 16 year old girl on a railway line, Lucy is called in to try and identify the body. No mean feat as the only clues as to what she was doing before her death are in her mobile phone and on social media. But were those she called her friends really to be trusted? Following a disastrous earlier experience when Lucy felt she had failed in her task she is determined that this time she will leave no stone unturned, even if it spells danger for herself. This story had me gripped from start to finish and was so realistic that I was willing Lucy to solve the crime and come out of it unscathed.

Behind Closed Doors (Jessica Daniel 7)
Behind Closed Doors (Jessica Daniel 7)
by Kerry Wilkinson
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting, scary and all too probable!, 23 May 2014
This is the best Jessica Daniel book in the series so far. It would seem after traumatic events in her personal life that Jessica has given up on herself. She has shut herself away from the world and her self worth is at rock bottom. But one person feels she still has something to give - and he tells her 'If you want things to change, sometimes you have to help yourself'. DCI Jack Cole suggests there is a she can help herself and others, and offers her the chance to help another force close by. They need someone unknown in the area to gain entry into a community who have virtually severed contact with the outside world. The community is based in a stately home situated well off the beaten track where people go missing and are never again seen alive.. Jessica accepts the challenge and the story moves on apace. But will Jessica find out what's happening or will she let her past catch up with her and so find herself in great danger? For me I was reluctant to put the book down - the prose flows so well and the storyline is so believable it sent shivers down my spine. Can't wait for the next book in the series

Thicker Than Water
Thicker Than Water
by Kerry Wilkinson
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Kerry Wilkinson does it again!!, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Thicker Than Water (Paperback)
Another terrific DS Jessica Daniel book. Kerry Wilkinson just gets better and better. Following the disappearance of the Sexton's baby sitter Jessica is sent to investigate, but she feels she has been sent on a wild goose chase, as on the face of it appears that the sitter has just gone home early leaving the couple's small daughter alone. The mystery deepens when the body of the teenage baby sitter is found in a house on the other side of the city. In true Kerry Wilkinson fashion as the story develops Jessica finds herself in deep water and the reader is kept guessing whether she will come out of this experience unscathed. I found this book almost unputdownable - and scary at times. A great read.

eBags Medium Packing Cubes - 3pc Set (Brilliant Blooms-Blue)
eBags Medium Packing Cubes - 3pc Set (Brilliant Blooms-Blue)
Offered by eBags marketplace

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes packing a doddle, 22 May 2014
I have used eBags Packing Cubes for a number of years and have always found them to be excellent quality and very very practical. I decided I would like a change from my rather boring orange ones purchased about 10 years ago and decided to order a Brilliant Blooms set. Yet again the quality is superb, the zips are strong and most importantly clothes barely crease once they are secured inside the bags. When I get to my holiday destination I just lift them out of the suitcase and apart from the obvious items like skirts, jackets and trousers which really need to be hung on hangers, I just put the bags into the drawers as they are, and take my clothes out as and when I need them.

kipling Womens Syro Shoulder Bag K1316361G Vivid Purple
kipling Womens Syro Shoulder Bag K1316361G Vivid Purple
Offered by Taschen-AS
Price: 38.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bag and fantastic colour, 22 May 2014
I have a large number of Kipling bags and this one ranks as my all time favourite. Quality is excellent. Plenty of pockets to hold all kinds of bits and pieces. Fits my tablet or my Kindle Fire HD a treat. I use a large purse which fits neatly into the main zipped pocket as well. The main pocket has a fabric divider - and this is my only criticism - which is slightly too big and floppy. There is a pocket for a mobile phone and pens etc. The zipped pocket on the back of the bag would be ideal for putting items which needed to be kept a little more securely. I would think this bag would be great for taking on holiday. It is biggish, but not too big for everyday use.

BBC iPlayer Radio (Kindle Tablet Edition)
BBC iPlayer Radio (Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little app, 22 May 2014
Really pleased with this. Sound quality is fine on my Kindle Fire HD. I have experienced very few drop outs when listening in real time. No problems either with listening to previous output. Thanks BEEB

TuneIn Radio
TuneIn Radio

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 22 May 2014
This review is from: TuneIn Radio (App)
Having read that this would be suitable for downloading to my Kindle Fire HD I just could not get it to work. Maybe my broadband is too slow, or it really isn't suitable for the Kindle I don't know. It downloaded OK but after that nothing.

The Chosen Dead: Coroner Jenny Cooper mystery -book 5 (Coroner Jenny Cooper Series)
by M. R. Hall
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow what a page turner, 22 May 2014
Yet another excellent story in the Coroner Jenny Cooper series. What seems like suicide by a man who falls from a motorway bridge turns into something much more sinister. Is this death in some way connected to the sudden and tragic death of the 13 year old daughter of a friend from a virulent strain of meningitis? As the story unfolds Jenny becomes more and more involved in the race to uncover the truth. But this quest jeopardises the lives of all she holds dear. Once again M R Hall has been meticulous in his research, and it is a scenario which could at some future date become a possibility. As Jenny digs deeper and deeper into the mystery her searching forces her to look back in time and to continents other than her own. A truly scary and unputdownable story.

Kindle Security Pro
Kindle Security Pro

4.0 out of 5 stars Is this too good to be true?, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Kindle Security Pro (App)
Was amazed how fast this scanned my Kindle Fire. This begs the question as to its efficiency. So far I have not encountered any problems - but time will tell. In the absence of anything to the contrary I would thoroughly recommend this product.

Cover Orange: Journey
Cover Orange: Journey

3.0 out of 5 stars Mindless little game, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Cover Orange: Journey (App)
Ideal little game for whiling away an idle few minutes. I found the sound rather irritating after a while so I turned it off. Good but not great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20