Profile for Mrs. V. Bradley > Reviews

Content by Mrs. V. Bradley
Top Reviewer Ranking: 851

Mrs. V. Bradley "bookaholic" (Kidderminster, Worcs., England)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
You Raise Me Up
You Raise Me Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Westlife really raised me up, 3 Feb. 2014
This review is from: You Raise Me Up (MP3 Download)
I love this song and Westlife's rendition is superb. It always brings a tear to my eye, and the words are wonderful.

Winware blue colour coded interchangable Mop/Broom handles (Colour coded interchangeable handle fits and interchanges between all mop heads and broom heads in the winware Janitorial section.) Blue = bars and licensed areas
Offered by Thomco Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Rather expensive for what it is., 3 Feb. 2014
Handle is strong and should withstand the heavy use for which it is intended. I bought the blue one to fit the deck scrubber already purchased. Be warned though if you order the deck scrubber that the handle is not included in the price. Contacted the seller regarding this and they were very helpful. I suggested that the photo on the Amazon page should show the deck scrubber minus handle and the wording made very clear that the handle was extra.

Vivid Arts Pet Pal Sitting Micro Pig in Natural Pink
Vivid Arts Pet Pal Sitting Micro Pig in Natural Pink
Offered by Mill Race Garden Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and lifelike, 26 Jan. 2014
Really pleased with this micro pig. I'd love a real one, but since that is totally out of the question, this is the next best thing - and what's more it doesn't make a mess! It is well made and very lifelike - I am sure I could put him out in the garden, but I prefer to keep him in my study where he sits on a small side table looking at me!

TY UK 6-inch Pepper Beanie Boo
TY UK 6-inch Pepper Beanie Boo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a cat lover, 26 Jan. 2014
Cute expression and sparkly eyes. Quite soft and cuddly too. Can't say the packaging did its looks any good-it came squashed into a small jiffy type bag and looked really forlorn and sad when I took it out. I put Pepper in the warm and he was soon cute and cuddly again.

Tan Leather Full length/Jacket/Long Wallet by Golunski
Tan Leather Full length/Jacket/Long Wallet by Golunski

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality, 26 Jan. 2014
I bought this for my husband as part of his Christmas present. He wanted a full length wallet to replace the one he'd had for over 20 years. I was really impressed with both the quality and the reasonable price. I had tried many different shops without success as they mostly sold the fold over type. Delivery was prompt and the wallet arrived well packed.

Fu Manchu - The Return of Dr. Fu Manchu
Fu Manchu - The Return of Dr. Fu Manchu
by Sax Rohmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 26 Jan. 2014
I can't really pass comment on this book since it was one my daughter requested for Christmas. She said she enjoyed it, and that's what mattered to me.

Birmingham: The Sixties Revisited
Birmingham: The Sixties Revisited
by Alton Douglas

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of Alton Douglas's best, 26 Jan. 2014
I was really disappointed with this. The photos were boring to say the least, and didn't really give a true flavour of the Birmingham of this era. I think he should have stuck with the first Sixties book and left well alone. Scraping the barrel came to mind.

TY Beanies Hello Kitty English Police Woman Officer
TY Beanies Hello Kitty English Police Woman Officer
Offered by Argy's Web Emporium

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 26 Jan. 2014
My daughter is police sergeant and I bought her this to put in her Christmas stocking. She collects police figures as well as Hello Kitty items. She was over the moon! I must admit when I saw it I was more than little reluctant to give it to her. It was so cute I wanted to keep it for myself.

Mrs Sinclair's Suitcase
Mrs Sinclair's Suitcase
by Louise Walters

4.0 out of 5 stars A tender, touching tale of love and loss, 26 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
'The Old and New Bookshop' is where Roberta works, and she likes nothing better than flipping through the second hand books that come into the shop, hoping to find a long forgotten letter or postcard. She is basically a lonely young person and likes to imagine what the writer and recipient of this 'trivia' were like and what stories they might have to tell. When her father gives her some of her grandmother's treasured possessions she is fascinated to find out what they contain. She is puzzled to find a letter from the grandfather she never met, dated after he was supposed to have been killed during the war. In her determination to find out the truth the story shifts from past to present and back again a number of times. Dorothy (Dorothea), her grandmother is the Mrs Sinclair of the story. Dorothy's marriage to Albert is an unhappy one, and when he goes off to war she feels a great burden lifted from her. One day an aeroplane crash lands in the field behind her cottage. The crew were Polish and when Squadron Leader Jan Pietrykowski comes to visit her to thank her for vainly trying to help the crew she feels she would like to get to know him better and it seems the feeling is mutual. There follows a series of events which hold a secret so great in its enormity that its repercussions will have a profound effect on Roberta many years later. This is a story of heartbreak, and chances missed, and one I thoroughly enjoyed reading. Just one minor point I think the author may have made a mistake setting this story in 2010 with wartime flashbacks as Mrs Sinclair would have been 110 years old by then - stretching credibility a little I feel.

The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules
The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules
by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful laugh out loud story, 12 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am almost 75 and would like to think I could grow old(er) disgracefully like 79yearold Martha Anderson and her four oldest friends. They call themselves the League of Pensioners. Their dream is to escape the dreary and confining care home in which they live and do something outrageous whilst plotting their escape. Martha decides first of all to break as many of the restrictive rules of the home as she, and her fellow conspirators, can. They begin by refusing to stick to the early bedtimes, restricted amounts of coffee and horrible, tasteless meals. Soon this is not enough, they long to do more daring and outrageous things, so they devise a plan to escape from the care home and book into a top hotel in Stockholm (the story is by a Swedish author and is set mainly in Sweden) and live it up for a time paid for by the richest member of the League, fully intending to pay her back once their schemes come to fruition. They decide that Zimmer frames or no Zimmer frames they will strike a blow for OAPs everywhere. Like Robin Hood they vow to rob from the rich to give to the poor. As the tale develops their antics get more and more outrageous and funny, but here and there are glimpses of pathos. I can't wait to read more books by this author.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30