Profile for Mrs. V. Bradley > Reviews

Content by Mrs. V. Bradley

Mrs. V. Bradley "bookaholic" (Kidderminster, Worcs., England)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Kindle Security Pro
Kindle Security Pro

4.0 out of 5 stars Is this too good to be true?, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Kindle Security Pro (App)
Was amazed how fast this scanned my Kindle Fire. This begs the question as to its efficiency. So far I have not encountered any problems - but time will tell. In the absence of anything to the contrary I would thoroughly recommend this product.

Cover Orange: Journey
Cover Orange: Journey

3.0 out of 5 stars Mindless little game, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Cover Orange: Journey (App)
Ideal little game for whiling away an idle few minutes. I found the sound rather irritating after a while so I turned it off. Good but not great.

The 7-Day Acid Reflux Diet: Cure Acid Reflux, GERD and Heartburn NOW with the Easy to Follow Lifestyle, Diet and 45 Mouth-Watering Recipes
by Robert M Fleischer

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Americanised - a real disappointment, 22 May 2014
I have an hiatus hernia and suffer badly from acid reflux and heartburn so I had high hopes from this book. Alas this was not to be. Many of the recipes contained foods I cannot eat because of my condition, and I found the remainder of the content rather boring and unhelpful.

TY UK 6-inch Hello Kitty Safari Beanie
TY UK 6-inch Hello Kitty Safari Beanie

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute - especially the monkey!!, 22 May 2014
Bought this for my daughter's birthday - she like me is a great Hello Kitty fan. For collectables and soft toys I don't think one can go far wrong with TY. Love the fact that each Hello Kitty seems to develop a character of its own depending on what they are holding.

Sylvanian Families Persian Cat Twins
Sylvanian Families Persian Cat Twins

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooooo cute!, 22 May 2014
Just love these little kitty cats!. I am sorely tempted to buy more of the Sylvanian Families collection. The detail is excellent. I don't think I would give them to a young child though, as so many of the items are really very small. Great for those adults like me who have never really grown up!!! Just wish they weren't quite so expensive.

Cadbury's Chocolate Chunk Ceramic Money Box
Cadbury's Chocolate Chunk Ceramic Money Box
Offered by fuze Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish it was real chocolate!!, 22 May 2014
Bought this for my daughter as part of her birthday present. She was very pleased with it - but for one thing. It is very much smaller than it looks in the photograph.

80 Years of British Fantastic Films 1899-1979
80 Years of British Fantastic Films 1899-1979
by Trevor Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and informative, 22 May 2014
Ideal for dipping in to see just how many horror, sci-fi and fantasy films were produced during the 80 years in question. This little book doesn't profess to be the definitive book on the subject, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Many films are from the silent era and from 1929 onwards sound films less than 50 minutes long have not been included. For each film the author gives a very brief synopsis of the story., together with the full title and names of some of the crew and actors involved. A handy little reference book.

Gtech Rechargeable Cordless Floor Sweeper SW02
Gtech Rechargeable Cordless Floor Sweeper SW02

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and powerful, 22 May 2014
Really pleased with this purchase. Easy to use, does good job of picking up bits from the carpet. Especially good for picking up hairs and fluff. I use this almost every day, which means the vacuum cleaner (which is heavy) does not have to be used so often. Its a good idea to empty the dust container after each use and give it a wipe round inside. I like the little edge brush which if you are careful gets right up to the skirting board and picks up the bits which the vacuum cleaner often leaves behind. All in all an excellent buy.

Tefal BL142A42 Fruit Sensation Blender - Silver
Tefal BL142A42 Fruit Sensation Blender - Silver
Offered by ELECTRONICS WORLD

3.0 out of 5 stars Compact and good looking, 15 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a really small kitchen and this blender is ideal with its small footprint. I do have one or two reservations though. The lid on the large glass part needs to be seated really well - no easy task - otherwise there may be a little splashing of the contents when in use. It is quite a heavy machine and as someone with osteoarthritis I would have liked the upper glass part to have had a handle for me to grip. It is not easy to hold and gets quite slippery when wet. The seal on the base of the blender is also a little tricky to get on right.The herb mill and the grinder are nice additions, and I particularly like the lids which can be fitted on them so that any left overs can be put in the fridge and kept fresh. I found the fact that the push buttons have to be held in the on position whilst using the machine somewhat of a bind - I would rather they had the ability to be switched on and off as required. The accompanying smoothie recipe book is beautifully illustrated, however my main gripe is that too many of the recipes require the addition of some form of alcohol. There are two recipes which I intend to try very soon and they are the 'extremely chocolatey treat' and 'white chocolate magic' - sound really yummee. Roll on the hot summer days when I can try out more of my own smoothie recipes.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Intense Serum - 30 ml
Scholl Velvet Smooth Intense Serum - 30 ml
Offered by Greens Pharmacy

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not too impressed, 15 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A little goes a long way, but having used the serum a number of times I haven't noticed any improvement in the softness of my feet. It rubs in well but my feet do feel a little sticky after use, and I certainly haven't noticed any visible results as the blurb on the pack says.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30