Profile for J. Atkinson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
21 Side Hustles You Can Start Now
21 Side Hustles You Can Start Now

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice info from someone who has had success, 21 Jan. 2015
This book is about earning supplemental income to run alongside a day job. However, the more that I got through, I realised that the title is slightly modest in that you could easily earn a full time living from this type of information if you were willing to put the work in.
I found this to be a great guide and believe that it will appeal to many people especially those that are out of work. Why not start one of the “side hustles” mentioned in this book while looking for a job? You may be able to stop looking and actually earn a decent wage.
Overall, I found this to be informative and left me feeling that I could put to action what I had learned.

Cosega Storm (The Cosega Sequence Book 2)
Cosega Storm (The Cosega Sequence Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Luckily for us readers, there is a sequal to the cliff-hanger “Cosega Search”, 12 Jan. 2015
Luckily for us readers, there is a sequal to the cliff-hanger “Cosega Search” and this is it. Cosega Storm is another hard to put down book by Brandt Legg. The intricate story line is very well thought out, there are some good twists in the plot too. Also it really felt that a lot of thought had been put into each character in this book. This is something that I really appreciate in any story.
If you are into reads that offer suspense, drama and you like to be kept thinking, Cosega Search & Cosega Storm will fit the bill.
Great stuff!

Crystals Healing: Reiki Healing Crystals Box Set; Crystals Healing and Reiki Uncovered For Amazing Natural Super Drug Potency! ( (Reiki For Beginners Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars This box set has a fair bit of information inside and is definitely worth a read, 12 Jan. 2015
There is a fair bit of information about the different crystals used for Reiki. I was not aware that there was such a diverse amount.
I do not have prior knowledge of Reiki but I felt that this was a great introduction to the subject. There is a fair bit of information in this box set teaching you about all of the different crystals and a practical guide to get you started with the practice. The section on “self-treatment” was interesting to me.
Overall: This box set has a fair bit of information inside and is definitely worth a read.

EXPECTING BABY: Completely New and Revised: A Pregnant Woman's Best Friend (Nutrition in Pregnancy and Lactation) (Pregnancy Books for First Time Moms Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good luck and hope it all goes well :-), 24 Dec. 2014
I thought the author did a great job when it came to the layout and writing of this book. Expecting your first baby takes you through the whole journey from conception right through to the emotional factors that you may encounter “post baby birth”.
There is a lot of practical information in this book that is bound to help people out. In my opinion it is probably best used as a reference guide rather than just a “one shot read”. There are so many helpful hints tips and personal thoughts from the author that are specific to different stages in the pregnancy journey, that it would be a very useful resource to dip in to and revisit from time to time.
Overall, I thought this was a well thought out resource and invaluable for any couple that are planning their first baby or have actually started their journey
Good luck and hope it all goes well :-)

How To Meditate: Meditation Techniques For Beginners Guide Book
How To Meditate: Meditation Techniques For Beginners Guide Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Good guide for the beginner to meditation, 23 Dec. 2014
This is a good guide for the beginner to meditation. The book is very informative. There is a bunch of information expelling common myths of meditation. The author does a great job of explaining the techniques of this old practice.
I liked the layout of the book and found the guide easy to follow

Breakfast Sandwiches - 21 Great Recipes You Can Make Without a Sandwich Grill: Brea Lawson's Deluxe Breakfast Sandwiches

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sandwich ideas, 23 Dec. 2014
There are some great sandwich ideas here that can be used for breakfast or any time. With a large range of ingredients, there are also recipes that will appeal to people with a sweet tooth. It was also good to see photos in this book too

Guardian of the Underworld: Underworld Chronicles
Guardian of the Underworld: Underworld Chronicles

5.0 out of 5 stars a very well written story by a talented author, 23 Dec. 2014
This is a very imaginative book that will surely strike a chord with any young fantasy enthusiast.
I loved the way that the book is laid out and how the story progresses. It starts off as a seemingly normal eleven year old boy returns to school after the summer holidays. The story then develops very nicely into a world of fantasy. I could relate to all of the characters in this book and the author does a great job of keeping the story line interesting and the reader gripped.
All in all I thought this was a very well written story by a talented author and it will appeal to many readers.
There is a mention of a second book, maybe a sequel to “Guardian of the underworld” due to be released and I will definitely be picking this up when it has been published.

Crock Pot Recipes - 50 Delicious Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes -Pumpkin Recipes- Dessert Baking - Slow Cooker Cookbook - Slow Cooker Meals - Chocolate Recipes ... POT COOKBOOK - SLOW COOKER - DESSERTS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good desert recipe ideas here, will deffo be trying some, 15 Dec. 2014
I have been using my slow cooker for a while now but usually when someone mentions slow cookers and crock pots, I think of savory meals. This was a bit of an eye opener for me and gave me a whole bunch of ideas for puddings and sweets. I would never have thought of making things like ginger bread or any kind of cake in a slow cooker before finding this book. Good desert recipe ideas here, will deffo be trying some

Difficult People: Dealing With Difficult People At Work (Quick Start Guide)
Difficult People: Dealing With Difficult People At Work (Quick Start Guide)

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting and educational read, 2 Dec. 2014
Dealing with difficult people can be hard for anyone and if you are not aware of why they are difficult in the first place, you will struggle to know where to start.

The author of this book does a great job of explaining the fundamentals of good communication in relation to awkward conversations that can occur when dealing with these difficult individuals.

I also found the section “seven types of difficult personalities” very interesting and I could pick out someone that I personally know that fit each of these descriptions….. I didn’t think I knew that many difficult people before reading this
All in all an interesting and educational read

Cooking Light: Cooking Light in 3 Steps; Cooking Light Has Never Been So Easy; Super Fast and Light Cooking Revealed, Simple 3 Step Recipes, Fast Cooking ... cookbooks, cookbooks best sellers 2014)

5.0 out of 5 stars simple and easy to make., 2 Dec. 2014
There are lots of recipes in here that are simple and easy to make. There are soups, full meals, snacks, breakfast smoothies, drinks and deserts.
This has not only given me plenty of new recipes to try but also given me some ideas of my own.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3