Profile for SJ1977 > Reviews

Content by SJ1977

SJ1977

The Troll Trap (Smelly Trolls Book 1)
The Troll Trap (Smelly Trolls Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Feb. 2013
I have read many books by Rosen, all of them aimed at adults, So I was intrigued when she announced that she had written a childrens book. My son is 7 and reads quite well, and its a book that can be read by children(though they cant do funny voices, very well) the characters are likeable and there is lots of good troll related stinky bits. My son described it as 'Fantastic and 'great'. he couldn't find a bad thing about this book.

He loved the illustrations and they do help round this book out to a great read. If Rosen chooses to write more childrens books there is the demand for more. And as a comparison of how good it is, if you've ever read Roald Dahl's BFG you will love this book.

Roulette (Untold Tales from the Memoirs of a Relationship Assassin)
Roulette (Untold Tales from the Memoirs of a Relationship Assassin)

5.0 out of 5 stars left wanting more, 30 April 2012
If you've read David Wailing's previous book 'Bang' then the characters in these short stories should be familiar to you. If not I highly recommend you get both. Dark humour, funny, witty and down right insightful are words I would use to describe 'Roulette'. I am now waiting for a sequel as these were brilliant

Bang (Memoirs of a Relationship Assassin Book 1)
Bang (Memoirs of a Relationship Assassin Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 April 2012
After reading a good review of this book by another ebook writer, I thought I would give it a try. I was hooked straight away. The characters were believeable and you've probably met people just like them. It is laugh out loud funny at times, and sometimes very dark humour invades. The book was well worth it and kept me reading, enough that I'm on my third time reading it. looking forward to more from the author.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2012 10:53 PM BST

London, the Doggy and Me
London, the Doggy and Me

5.0 out of 5 stars another fine read, 18 Feb. 2012
Well after reading a previous book by the author, i have to say my expectations were high, and i wasnt to be disappointed by the newest offering. Once again laugh out loud humour, amazing descriptions and loveable characters. I was drawn in to the story and I eagerly awaited to see if the dog really would make it too highbury.

I am looking forward to more novels from the author, as this one was great
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2012 9:04 PM GMT

Straight Out of University
Straight Out of University

5.0 out of 5 stars a riot, 16 Feb. 2012
I absolutley loved this book,it was laugh out loud funny through a lot of it. Sometimes even a little cringe worthy but only due to personality similarities in relationships I have had in the past. It drew me in rapidly and even had me on tenterhooks to see if characters Sophie and John would work out together. altogether a well written novel, I will definitley be buying more from this writer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2012 11:49 PM GMT