Profile for Krk L. Dickenson > Reviews

Content by Krk L. Dickenson

Krk L. Dickenson (West Sussex, UK)

Confronting Collapse: The Crisis of Energy & Money in a Post Peak Oil World
Confronting Collapse: The Crisis of Energy & Money in a Post Peak Oil World
by Michael C. Ruppert
Price: 9.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Has the Sage got it right again?, 15 May 2010
You do not read an article or book by Micheal C. Ruppert & dismiss it easily. There is a lot of unnerving information to digest in this book. He has a track record of getting it right & that being so, we should be banging pots & pans until more people in power get it - that oil is running out while the West (& now the emerging Eastern economies) is rapidly using up the planets resources in the name of growth. Meanwhile world population is out of control & everybody wants what the US has had for decades - mass consumerism! Are alternative fuels a panacea or just giving us false hope? Can we hope for future mass transportation in the light of rapidly dwindling crude oil? No.

Read this book & start preparing for the localized economy as they have been forced to do in Cuba. I couldn't put it down & neither will you!

Crude: The Story of Oil
Crude: The Story of Oil
by Sonia Shah

2.0 out of 5 stars Crude & not very good, 9 Sep 2009
Oil is my favorite subject & so was looking forward to reading this book - I shouldn't have bothered, it is way too shallow and too lefty in it's opinions. I wanted a neutral history with no great opinions either way. I get the feeling Miss Shah has green motives at heart & the history is second to her real motives, criticizing the oil industry.

Kirk Dickenson