Profile for Peter McComasky > Reviews

Carol Deacon's Little Book of Easy Christmas Cakes
by Carol Deacon
Price: 6.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Little Book of Easy Christmas Cakes, 1 Jan 2013
My wife is a Ceoliac which means she is only able to eat food without wheat and gluten, I bought this book for the figures to accompany the gluten free christmas cake I had made for her.

I am not artistic in any way and the way Carol explains and breaks the figures down into small bits made it easy for me to make the Santa and Reindeer for my cake.

Everyone was very impressed with the cake and at first didn't believe I had made the figures, the cake has been eaten but my wife has kept the figures. Family and friends have even suggested I make cakes for them!

Well done to Carol for making it easy for a none artistic person like myself make excellent figures and help make a cake my wife was proud of.

Draper 38716 33-Piece Security Bit Set
Draper 38716 33-Piece Security Bit Set
Price: 8.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Draper 38716 33-Piece Security Bit Set, 1 Jan 2013
As a trucker I need my own compact tool kit which can easily fit in my bag and not take up much room or weight. I've had occasions when bulbs have blown and have had to wait for more than 30 minutes for them to be changed, now I have this set there's no more waiting for mechanics I just get spare bulbs and do it myself. I also have pliers, small ratchet screw-driver and a mini hammer all in a re-sealable food container.
I've saved so much waiting time for myself and colleagues and am very pleased with my purchase.

Philip's Navigator Trucker's Britain 2013: Spiral (Philips Atlas)
Philip's Navigator Trucker's Britain 2013: Spiral (Philips Atlas)
by Philip's
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Philip's Navigator 2013 Truckers Atlas, 30 Oct 2012
Having just passed my LGV and hitting the roads I've found this atlas invaluable.

I had been using my car Sat-Nav but soon found it wants to take me on roads totaly unsuitable for LGVs such as country roads just wide enough to get through and with unsuitable bridges. I now also use the Philips Navigator 2013 Atlas to view the suitability of roads before I set off. I recently had a problem whilst driving at night coming back from a delivery and used the atlas to help me stay on the right roads. It's definately a must for all road users who drive large vehicles or Caravans.

I have now also invested in a Truckers sat-nav which alows me to input the vehicles weight, height, width and length, and ensures I arrive at my destination by avoiding inappropriate routes.

This atlas is well worth investing in and comes with me all the time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2013 8:37 PM GMT