Profile for T. Irwin > Reviews

The Good Guide to the Lakes
by Tom Holman
Price: 6.72

5.0 out of 5 stars A new edition of a trusted favourite, 11 Sep 2013
This replaced my earlier edition. This is as good my original and now updated and I very pleased with this new one.

GENUINE ORIGINAL NEW TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK LAPTOP ADAPTER MAINS POWER CHARGER ADAPTOR POWER SUPPLY CORD PSU POWER LEAD INCLUDED FOR TOSHIBA SATELLITE PRO PA3714E-1AC3  19V 3.42A 65W
GENUINE ORIGINAL NEW TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK LAPTOP ADAPTER MAINS POWER CHARGER ADAPTOR POWER SUPPLY CORD PSU POWER LEAD INCLUDED FOR TOSHIBA SATELLITE PRO PA3714E-1AC3 19V 3.42A 65W
Offered by digi-accessory
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should at an excellent price, 11 Sep 2013
The adapter replaced a failed original one. Although I am not sure that this replacement one IS a geniune Toshiba one although it is labelled as such. Anyway the original Toshiba one failed suddenly, unexpectedly and VERY inconveniently!!!

So far this has done all that is required. After just over a month's regular use I am very pleased. The price is excellent and delivery very prompt.

Bosch AHS 6000 Pro-T Electric Hedgecutter (60 cm Blade, 34 mm Tooth Capacity)
Bosch AHS 6000 Pro-T Electric Hedgecutter (60 cm Blade, 34 mm Tooth Capacity)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent workhorse for hedge trimming, 30 Aug 2013
A heavy duty machine which copes with thick branches with ease and with an extra-long reach.

The only con was that it is rather heavy to wield but this is offset by the fact that it gets the job done in a shorter time.

I would recommend a flex safety device to keep the flex clear of the cutting blade. I managed to cut through the flex on mine on its first use. The cut was fortunately a distance away from the machine itself and so I was able to repair the cut cable with a garden tool flex connector. I know where a safety belt device which holds the flex behind my back.

The Ghosts of KG40
The Ghosts of KG40
Price: 2.12

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping wartime adventure based in fact and painstakingly researched, 30 Aug 2013
A gripping adventure made more interesting by its roots in actual events. The story is backed up by painstaking research into the period and machinations of war. As someone who lives near and visits Liverpool regularly I found the portrayal of wartime L'pool credible and gripping. The descriptions of injuries to the aircrews were frighteningly graphic.

I found this, my first Kindle book, an excellent holiday read which was hard to put down.

The "Which?" Guide to Scotland ("Which?" Guides)
The "Which?" Guide to Scotland ("Which?" Guides)
by Andrew Leslie

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent but now rather dated holiday guide to Scotland, 11 Jun 2013
I bought this book because my original copy has gone missing and I am planning a caravan tour of Scotland this summer. Like all the "Which?" holiday guides this is a comprehensive and, most importantly, IMPARTIAL guide to Scotland's delights. I have a number of "Which?" holiday guides and I wish VERY MUCH that "Which?" still published, or at least revised and updated them. The brand-leaders in travel guides could learn a great deal from the style and content of this, now out print, series.

Obviously the fact that this edition, the newest I could find, was published in 2001 means that some of its information is now out of date, on the other hand much of it is still relevant and it will be used greatly both in planning and during my forthcoming holiday.

Church Representation Rules 2011
Church Representation Rules 2011
by Church of England
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars This book is exactly what it says, 11 Jun 2013
I bought this book because our Vicar is retiring in the near future and I will be chairing our PCC meetings during the interregnum. It is exactly what the title says the Church Representation Rules. Like all such books it is NOT a light read.

Handbook for Churchwardens and Parochial Church Councillors
Handbook for Churchwardens and Parochial Church Councillors
by Kenneth MacMorran
Price: 7.69

4.0 out of 5 stars A comprehensive, although rather technical, guide to this important area, 11 Jun 2013
I bought this book because our Vicar is retiring in the near future and, as Lay Chair, I will be chairing our PCC meetings during the interregnum. It is a comprehensive book which lives up to its title although it is not really a "bedtime" read!!!

Go Motorhoming and Campervanning: Motorhome and Camper Van Guide (In Europe)
Go Motorhoming and Campervanning: Motorhome and Camper Van Guide (In Europe)
by Chris Doree
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, easy to read guide to everything motorhome, 11 Jun 2013
This book comprehensively covers EVERYTHING to do buying and owning a motorhome. I would recommend it to anyone thinking of buying, or even renting, a motorhome as it so comprehensive.

So the Vicar's Leaving: The Good Interregnum Guide
So the Vicar's Leaving: The Good Interregnum Guide
by Mike Alexander
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent easy to read guide to a complex subject, 11 Jun 2013
I bought this because our Vicar is retiring in a few months' time and as Lay Chair of our PCC I will have a lot of responsibilities in this vital area. I have other books which look at this subject from a "legal" position but, although useful, they are rather dry. "So the Vicar's Leaving" is on the other hand a thorough and comprehensive guide which is easy to read and includes some excellent cartoons to inject a little humour into this serious area.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to Church Wardens and PCC members and indeed any CofE church member who wants to "easily" find out more what happens during an interregnum.

Because of You
Because of You

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite songs, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Because of You (MP3 Download)
Yes I do love the upbeat tune and especially the words. This is DEFINITELY one my favourite songs and it expresses in a upbeat and punchy way the joyful hope that I, and all Christians, have that because of Jesus we are guaranteed a place with him in heaven after death. I have told my wife that I DEFINITELY want this as a hymn at my own funeral. The main reason that I bought this mp3 track at this time is to send it to a non-Christian friend overseas who is dying with a terminal illness and needs to hear the message of this song and get right with God.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3