Profile for avid reader > Reviews

Please Sir!
Please Sir!
by Jack Sheffield

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: Please Sir! (Paperback)
Thoroughly to be recommended, Found the first book by accident and have become totally absorbed by the stories. Do not miss this great experience.

Conquer or Die: Wellington's Veterans and the Liberation of the New World
Conquer or Die: Wellington's Veterans and the Liberation of the New World
Price: 4.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Easy Reading., 17 Sep 2013
This is a very difficult book to follow and does not flow easily. It is an aspect of history which is not generally known and I have learned a lot about South American affairs which I had previously never considered. However I would never recommend this book as it does not approach the subject from the point of view of one who actually served in the many campaigns reported.

Train Strain
Train Strain
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rail Traveller., 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Train Strain (Kindle Edition)
A well written, very observant, witty and thoroughly enjoyable read, with flashes of humour. We can all appreciate this book, having been there ourselves.

National Service - A Reluctant Snowdrop's Perspective
National Service - A Reluctant Snowdrop's Perspective
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars NATIONAL SERVICE, 30 Dec 2012
A flat diary of events written by a man with no writing experience - and it shows. Obviously of some interest to those of us who have done National Service, but I wouldn't recommend it to general readers.

101 best jokes
101 best jokes
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars No substance, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: 101 best jokes (Kindle Edition)
Too short, poor content and only funny in parts. Would not have bothered if I'd known it wasn't worth the effort.

A Street Cat Named Bob
A Street Cat Named Bob
Price: 3.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Bob for PM, 11 Dec 2012
Thoroughly enjoyable and would recommend it to all cat lovers. A moving account of life from the perspective of a homeless person and I was moved by the effect a homeless cat had on the author.

I Can't Get My Overalls Off
I Can't Get My Overalls Off
Price: 0.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better., 11 Dec 2012
Interesting but obviously written by an amateur with no technical writing skills. Good luck to the author and don't give up the day job - it's more your forte than writing.

What's Tha Up To Nah?
What's Tha Up To Nah?
Price: 5.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Nah then then,opinion, 8 Aug 2012
Whilst this book was nice to read, it was obvious that it was written by and amateur and did not come up to the standard of the Heartbeat series author by a North Yorkshire bobby. I enjoyed it and could empathize with much of the story, but I will not be buying any more of this writer's books.

AMAZON KINDLE FIRE/ KINDLE KEYBOARD 3G + WiFi - BLACK NEOPRENE CARRY POUCH CASE BY SHOCK SOCK

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Black Neoprene carry pouch, 17 Mar 2012
Cheap, well made and does everything which is expected. It adequately protects my kindle when I pack it in luggage, or carry it in my pocket and, although it does not look as good as a leather case, heck! who looks at it anyway and it does the job for which it was intended, perfectly. Who could ask for more?