Profile for Wildheart > Reviews

Content by Wildheart

Wildheart (Southampton)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
TUDIA Ultra Slim Full Matte ARCH TPU Bumper Protective Case for Motorola Moto G 3 (3rd Gen 2015 Released) (Black)
Offered by Aplars USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed So Far.., 25 May 2016
I've just moved back to Android/Moto G from a year and a half of trying to find (and failing) to find a decent case for my iPhone 6.

I bought the phone about 5 days and did consider leaving it "naked," as it looks pretty sturdy and going by the nightmare of trying different cases for the iPhone, I didn't want to go down that route again, so I've ordered a few cheap options and decided that if none of them are any good, then I'll give up and not have to waste too much money in the process.

I ordered this on 24 Hour Delivery and, sure enough, it appeared today.

When I first installed the phone in it, I was worried that it might be too floppy,which I hate and which was a real bugbear with the iPhone, especially below the Home Button/above the Charging Port.

However, this fits like a glove and grips the phone tightly and although it does "come away," from the edges, it's not noticeable in day to day use.

The reason I really like it, so far, is that it's grippy, not too bulky they've thought about the "dimple," a feature I love and the power and volume buttons are unobtrusive.

I have high hopes for this case.
The one thing that may concern me would be if the thing gets covered in fingerprints and given previous experiences with matte/velvety type covers, the jury is out on that one.
If I end up having to wipe it on the hour, every hour,then I'll not be so impressed.

However, first impressions are positive and I hope that I've found a good case early on, which, going by what I went through with the iPhone would be a blessing, in fact, a miracle! :O)

Fone-Stuff Universal Micro USB Dock Desktop Charging Charge and Sync Cradle Stand for Mobile Phones (Black)
Offered by Fone Stuff

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact, useful. Just the job!, 25 May 2016
I've had something similar to this before.

Having moved over, from iOS in the last few days, I was looking to find something similar to what I've had before as well as the iPhone Charging Dock I was using.
I'm not a fan of leaving phones lying around, charging, so plumped for this,as it looked similar to what I used to use.

It arrived well before the time suggested and is smaller than I expected.
However, that's a plus, for me, as it is unobtrusive,sitting on top of my Hi-Fi speaker, as have the others,although I'm probably going to have to attach some "Glue-Dots," or similar adhesive stickers to stop it moving around when docking/removing.

All in all, it works perfectly, I'm chuffed to bits with it and, although small, is more than able to comfortably sit my new Moto G phone, which is in a case.

So, if you're looking for a simple, no frills, charging solution for a small to medium phone,then I'd say, look no further and it's a few quid!
I've seen them out there for over £20!

iPhone 6S Case, Spigen® [Capsule] SOFT-FLEX [Black] Premium Clear Flexible Soft TPU Case for iPhone 6 (2014) / 6S (2015) - Black (SGP11751)
Offered by Spigen UK Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap. Flimsy and Not Up To The Task., 9 April 2016
Cheap, flimsy, ultimately pointless case.

It looks and feels like the insert for a Spigen case without the metal bumper.
And, while I'm a fan of those (until you try to take one off!) I'm not impressed by this.
Furthermore, the one I received looked like it'd been used by someone else as it had fingerprints on the back, or some sort of marks that wouldn't come off!

It's really loose fitting and comes away from the phone all round, with the lightest of pressure.

I want something tight fitting and that includes around the Home Button and above the Charging Port.
You'd think someone, somewhere would have the nouse to design something like this that's not too bulky.

The closest I've come to this are the slider type cases, or the Magpul Cases.
If you're looking for any sort of scratch/bump protection then I'd say steer well clear.

But, in that regards, this doesn't even come close and I'd not recommend it to anyone.

New Incipio Edge Chrome Case Cover for Apple iPhone 6 - (IPH-1188-BLK)
New Incipio Edge Chrome Case Cover for Apple iPhone 6 - (IPH-1188-BLK)

4.0 out of 5 stars Slider Case For Total 360% Protection And No Saggy Bits! :O), 3 April 2016
I've become a total fan of these "slider," type cases..

They offer all round protection and have solved the issue, unlike nearly every other case I've seen of the area of lip below the Home Button and above the Charging Port and near the Volume Rocker being so weak that just touching them pushes the case away from the phone.

You get none of that with a "slider," they fit like a glove and I can put up with the "join," marks over a flimsy TPU case anyday.

However, like with all these cases, there's always a catch/flaw.
With this one and a couple of others I've tried, the black ones are total fingerprint magnets..

In the end, I've bought a "chrome/silver," coloured one which avoids the fingerprints and is black around the lip and looks and feels great on the phone.

It feels quite plastic like and fragile when you pull it out of the case, but once on the phone, it has a very robust and almost ceramic like feel, which has to be felt to be believed.

I've heard a number of people complain about difficulty removing the "slider," cases, but there's a technique for that, which works brilliantly and descriptions and videos of it can be found online quite easily.

I'm not sure that this is the perfect iPhone case for me, that's yet to be found, but it's pretty darn close.

Whether, or not, it's very durable remains to be seen.
But, if you want a form fitting, sleek, very easy on the eye and in the hand case for your iPhone 6, I'd definitely recommend one of these, or one of the other slider-type cases out there.

Apple iPhone 6 64GB GOLD UNLOCKED
Apple iPhone 6 64GB GOLD UNLOCKED

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone...but a nightmare to find a decent case!, 1 April 2016
I moved over to Apple after years with Android, but a really bad experience with a Samsung A3 left me so frustrated that I decided on a total change of direction.

In a way, I'm glad I did, I love this phone, it's very snappy, the user interface is simplicity itself and I'm able to more, or less, do everything I could do on my Android phones on this plus link it seamlessly with iTunes, always an issue with Android phones, in order to have my music with me wherever I go and most importantly, in the car.

However, it hasn't been a totally pleasant experience, for the following reasons.

1. I'm a big lover of Swiftkey for texting and although it's available on iOS now, it's not the same as on Android, as there are several key features missing and they show no sign of being dealt with.
Swiftkey seem more intent on trying to "impress us," with new looks, rather improving functionality.
However, that, I can live with :O)

2. What I've found to be a total pain is the difficulty in finding a decent screen protector, partially due to the curved screen.
However, after numerous attempts and trial and error, I've solved that by going to the Apple Store, where they now fit Belkin protectors using some sort of gizmo, which is really neat and very impressive.

3. The biggest issue I've found is trying to find a case that fits the damn thing to my satisfaction.
For me, this has been a year+ long search and is essential as the thing is so fragile and I've seen a fair few damaged models.
Yep, there are tons of them out there, but, in my experience, they all have some basic flaw, be it, being a fingerprint magnet, not protecting the top/bottom of the phone (Apple...seriously!) being way too bulky, or too thin, or just plain flimsy/saggy, particularly below the Home Button, or above the Charging Port..

I've become so frustrated by this, that I'm seriously thinking of ditching the phone and going back to a Moto G, or something which I wouldn't care, whether the screen got a few scratches, or it got scuffed up a bit, but with a phone of this price?

All in all, I'm loathe to change phones, or abandon Apple because of this, so may wait for the iPhone 7 and see what comes with that, otherwise it's back to a trusty old Motorola and no more sleepless nights! :O)

Prodigee Flow iPhone 6/6s Colour Gradient 2 Piece Slider Case
Prodigee Flow iPhone 6/6s Colour Gradient 2 Piece Slider Case
Offered by everythingmobile

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, Form Fitting and Feels Great In The Hand., 26 Mar. 2016
This case arrived reasonably quickly.
It's exactly as described.

It fits the iPhone very snugly, due to the "slider," mechanism.
I've become a very big fan of this method of installing cases, particularly with the iPhone 6, as it's a nightmare trying to find any "softer," cases that aren't saggy/flimsy below the Home Button and above the Charging Port.
This solves that issue, by being 2 part and therefore the lip below the Home Button is rock solid and feels great in the hand when operating the Home Button.

Although it's plastic, once on the phone and in the hand it has a ceramic feel, there're no "loose," bits, the "joins," between the 2 parts are more,or less invisible and it comes off really easily, unlike a few others I've tried.
That's probably because of the design, but also because they provide you with a leaflet on how to remove it safely and there are videos online to that effect, also, which, if followed, allows for really easy removal, not that I plan on removing it that often, if at all.

The case has a "velvet," like feel to it, which took a bit of getting used to, as opposed to some of the "rubbery," TPU type cases I've seen, but after a few days, it feels perfectly natural in the hand and there are NO fingerprints, which is partially why I chose this colour.

I'm tempted to get the all black version, but I'm a bit concerned that, that will pick up fingerprints like crazy!

I'd recommend this case to anyone who's looking for something sleek, form fitting and feels great in the hand.

Thule Atmos X3 Case for Apple iPhone 6 - Black
Thule Atmos X3 Case for Apple iPhone 6 - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars OK. But Not What I Was Expecting., 8 Mar. 2016
I really wanted to like this case.
Having seen a number of totally positive reviews I plunged in.

However, when it arrived, it seemed a good deal bulkier than I was expecting.
I found it difficult to get on and more particularly off of the phone and having handled it for an hour, or so, I realized that it was not for me :O(

It has a seriously good lip, but that makes the iPhone seem unnecessarily big, to me.
I also found the combination of rubber and polycarbonate unpleasing to the eye and to the touch, especially on the back, where there are 2 raised rubber areas, supposedly for protection, but which just got in the way when I was handling it, to the point where they were irritating, even only after an hour.

I found the buttons very firm to push, unlike other cases I've tried where they can be activated with ease.

I don't think I could ever have gotten used to the feel of the phone.
I realize that this is only a personal perspective and subjective opinion.
The case is certainly well made.

But, I realized, when I tried to remove it, that it wasn't going to be a case I could remove on a regular basis, through fear of bending the iPhone, I had come to the conclusion that, for me, using it would not be an enjoyable experience on any level.

Power Support HD Anti Glare (AG) 2 x Pieces Front Screen Protector Film For iPhone 6 (4.7" Inch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Look No Further!, 26 Feb. 2016
I used Power Support AG Protectors on my last phone, the Moto G and I loved them.

I bought these early in 2015 for the iPhone 6 but was wary because they don't cover the entire Screen.

I wish I'd known back then, that they'd be fine, as they've been sitting in my drawer all that time, while I explored other options.
There's no way I'd use a Glass Protector, as I've seen what happens to them when they crack/smash, but I did try a few others, including the Moshi iVisor AG, which is a great protector and really easy to apply, unlike most others, but,unfortunately, it isn't compatible with many cases I liked, so I decided to have a look at these protectors again and am very glad I did.

Firstly, unlike the Moshi, I'd never attempt to fit one my self, so, as in days past, I took it down to the Carphone Warehouse, who, kindly, fitted it for me in about 10 minutes flat and the end result is wonderful.
No, it doesn't cover the entire screen, but, as near as dammit and really "hugs," the home button and unlike other protectors doesn't leave the area around the sensors at the top exposed.

If you want a good, quality screen protection for a decent price and 2 protectors to boot, I'd say look no further.
I have a spare, with the pack, but am just about to hit the "re-order," button :O)

Magpul iPhone 6 Field Case - Black
Magpul iPhone 6 Field Case - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Sturdy Case., 16 Feb. 2016
What a good case this is.

I've tried any number of iPhone 6 cases and have finally settled on 2 favourites, namely the Snugg Ultra Thin Leather case and the Snugg TPU "sister," case..partly because they're great, form fitting cases and also because they don't, like most other cases interfere with and unseat my edge-edge Moshi iVisor AG Screen Protector..

However, I ordered this, on the off chance, having come across videos of it on YouTube.

I was expecting the worst, as is the norm, regarding its compatibility with the Screen Protector, but am chuffed to say that it's as good as the 2 mentioned above, in that respect.

So, I'm using it, on and off, for the sake of variety and largely because it feels great in the hand, is really sturdy, without being too bulky and fells like it would be pretty good in terms of drop protection.
It also doesn't look like it would pick up much in the way of scuffs, or marks..

I'd totally recommend this to anyone, but especially to those frustrated by the lack of cases to fit phones fitted with edge-edge Screen Protectors.

WeRChristmas 48 cm Pre-Lit Wooden Large Village Scene Christmas Decoration Illuminated with 10 Warm White LED Lights

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and very atmospheric., 31 Dec. 2015
I attempted to order one of these before Xmas 2015, but, unfortunately, they were "unavailable."

So, I looked again, just after Xmas in the hoping of bagging one for next year and not only were they back in stock, but £5 cheaper.

I therefore took the plunge and it arrived, along with a few other items in a day, or so.
That means, I have it up in time for the 12th night and I'm chuffed to bits with it.
It is a bit on the fragile looking side, but when lit, it adds a lovely warm glow to the rest of the decorations and I much prefer it to some of the resin type Village Scenes which you can buy, which look a bit gawdy to me and which are often 3, or 4 times the price!

If you're after something like this for Xmas 2016, I'd say, don't hesitate, but probably best to buy now, or earlier than I did! :O)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11