Profile for RosiC > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Easy Currency Converter
Easy Currency Converter

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Easy Currency Converter (App)
Useful app but somewhat slanted to the USA market.

White Beeswax Blocks - 2 x 1 oz - Cosmetics/Candles/Polishes
White Beeswax Blocks - 2 x 1 oz - Cosmetics/Candles/Polishes
Offered by TheWaxFactory
Price: 1.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure perfection, 13 Jun 2014
Exactly as described & exactly fulfilled my requirements. Fabulous value & would highly recommend both service & quality. Bought for my artist husband who was delighted to be able to source pure white beeswax.

Test of Resolve
Test of Resolve
Price: 3.83

5.0 out of 5 stars More please Peter!, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Test of Resolve (Kindle Edition)
Peter Murphy certainly knows how to write a intriguing and relevant story. If you read Removal many of the characters will be familiar, although much of the story is set in England this time. Full of intriguing characters I really wanted to know

how the situation would be resolved. I really enjoyed the American/English mix of locations, situations & this sharply written, well paced story kept me wanting to keep on reading. A more than welcome change from a trite middle eastern Islamic terrorists scenario.

OfficeSuite Professional 7
OfficeSuite Professional 7
Price: 9.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: OfficeSuite Professional 7 (App)
I could not believe how comprehensive this tablet version is & for such a reasonable price. It has everything to enable to do everything document wise on my kindle that I do on my work computer or home laptop but easier as my kindle is always at hand. All the choices of different docs, templates,etc are easily to hand, easily modified, easily saved& easily shared. Don't hesitate I find this app invaluable.

Calculator Plus Free
Calculator Plus Free

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant app, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Calculator Plus Free (App)
Would not bet without this app. Excellent design,easy to use & definite must have addition to my apps. Highly recommended

Free vTube for YouTube
Free vTube for YouTube

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Free vTube for YouTube (App)
Trouble free installation Logged in using my gmail account & streaming, viewing is absolutely seamless - no buffering. Brilliant app.

Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers
Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers
Price: 89.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product @ a great price, 26 Feb 2014
I am a book lover & for many years the thought of even a e-reader was a total no no! For emailing, docs & apps I used my laptop. However I got totally fed up with having to get out the laptop, sign in etc & when going on holiday my luggage & myself were burdened with either too many books or to lfew to see me through the hols. I crumbled & decided a tablet it was. After reviewing the many tablet options available and also taking into account my requirements I opted for the Kindle Fire 7"HD and what a wise choice it was for me. Remember to take into account your own personal requirements & then decide. My kindle arrived programmed with my account details and was ready to go from the moment I switched on, bliss.

I know playstore well via my laptop and for my requirements the Amazon app store more than meets my requirements, I do not feel the need for the thousands of apps that the less than complimentary reviewers complain about. I was able to download the apps I wanted no problem. BBCi player, weather app, brilliant antivirus app etc all were smooth & trouble free installations.

Setting up my various email addresses was also easy & trouble free. Connecting to wifi was easy peasy.

Then there are the books & audio-books- well Amazon is the world leader & with good reason. Fabulous, just fabulous & downloaded in seconds.

For me this Kindle fulfils my needs & more, Amazon make it easy to compare the various Kindles & you can then make your choice. If the table you want is an all singing, all dancing tablet version of your computer/laptop this may well not be the option for you! Do your homework, work out what you want & require before buying, in other words do your research & I am sure that many will like me find this the perfect choice.

Can't wait until my next holiday. I will have more than enough books with me on one lovely little friend & yes I do still enjoy reading books in the more traditional format but now I have the best of both worlds a no need any longer for my mp3 player as audio books & music are also on this genius device. To date I have had no problems at all & battery life is very good.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2014 7:45 AM BST

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" Standing Polyurethane Origami Case (will only fit All-New Kindle Fire HD 7"), Royal
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - a must have!, 26 Feb 2014
I just love this origami case it is brilliant!!!!!!! I purchased it in the purple which is just gorgeous and does not show marks of any kind, I had thought about the citrine option but reading a previous reviewer's remarks about staining put me off. Purple is ideal. It is easy to fit and the ease of just closing over the cover & your Kindle going to sleep is great. It offers superb protection and enables the Kindle to be viewed in so many formats, portrait, landscape just by folding the origami folder leaf. As for it being emblazoned with the Amazon name, in the purple option it is so subtle as to be almost invisible & if it bother you that much just completely fold back the leaf completely & the the name is hidden. However I can't see what the problem is with having the Amazon name on the cover. Most similar products & tablets etc provided by other manufacturers do the same. Unlike some of the reviews I have read I think this cover is superb value & wouldn't change a thing. Go ahead & buy with the assurance it does what it say, looks good & is reasonably priced. & yur Kindle is protected from scratches, dust etc.

Spyware Shield
Spyware Shield

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Spyware Shield (App)
This is a no brainer. Why wouldn't you protect yourself when using you tablet to access apps & the internet. Complete peace of mind as the first scan alerted me to one app that I might prefer not to have, uninstalled it immediately
ROS

Removal
Removal
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page Turner, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Removal (Kindle Edition)
Peter Murphy is a gifted story teller & I just loved this book. It's a fascinating & credible tale of the machinations of power, politics & the manipulation of not only the innocent but also the misguided. The author displays a knowledge & understanding of the American constitution & legal system that makes the story so believable & compelling. Characters are well written, rounded & I found the multi layered strands were introduced in a intriguing & well managed way & ensured that as a reader I couldn't put this book down. Peter Murphy kept me guessing to the end as to how he would resolve this story. Cannot wait to read his next book!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3