Profile for Helen O'Gorman > Reviews

Content by Helen O'Gorman

Helen O'Gorman

6 Sided Baby Playpen - Playard and Room Divider with Door & Playboard incl. suction cups - Quality EN71 certified

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for nephew, 4 Nov 2013
Me and my Mam bought this as a gift for my nephew. He's 9 months now and we got it a couple of months ago, but he's loved it from day 1. He loves being inside it - when we take him out of the playpen, a few minutes later he wants to get back in! At the moment he's starting to stand so he uses the playpen to pull himself up and stand for a few minutes, until he gets bored and sits back down again.
We were looking at other playpens but this one was the best value for money. It's really big, plenty big for even two kids, and it's nice and colourful. The only problem with the playpen is that it slides easily on wooden floors. We ended up having to buy a foam mat to go under it because my nephew was able to push the playpen on the floor while he was in it. (My sister did put the suction cups on it, but they were pretty useless). The foam mat makes it much better. It still moves a little bit, but not near as much.
Overall we're all really happy with the purchase. The playpen is really strong and durable and still looks brand new (even though it's being used by a baby who breaks nearly every toy he comes near). I think my sister will be using it for a very long time.

Aigle Women's Aiglentine Bright Red Wellington Boots 858784 5.5 UK
Aigle Women's Aiglentine Bright Red Wellington Boots 858784 5.5 UK
Price: 70.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, 31 Oct 2013
I wanted a good comfortable pair of wellies and kept hearing about Aigle so I decided to get a pair. I went into my local shop and tried on a pair of the parcourse but I didn't like them at all. i found them really heavy and bulky. I'm sure they're great if you're using them around horses and need something heavy-duty, but I just wanted a pair of wellies for walking my dog through the fields. I looked up Amazon and seen the Aiglentine ones and thought they looked nice, more feminine that most wellies. And I have slim legs and feet so I thought it would be best if I went for wellies that are made specifically for women. I got the bright red pair because they were on sale, and thankfully they're not nearly as bright as what the picture makes them out to be. I actually really like them now. Much nicer than those boring brown and green wellies most people go for (no offence to anyone who has brown or green wellies). The wellies themselves are really comfortable. There's a squishy insole in them unlike any wellies I've ever had, so it makes walking in them really comfortable (they're still not as comfy as runners or anything though). The also don't fall off you like all my previous wellies did. They're quite snug. Also the material on the inside of the wellies is quite soft so it makes taking off the wellies really easy as the material just slides against my jeans. I'm really really happy with my purchase. I was a bit apprehensive about spending so much money on a pair of wellies but I'm really glad I did now. They're really good quality and should last me a long long time.

Shubb Capo Noir - Acoustic and Electric
Shubb Capo Noir - Acoustic and Electric
Price: 16.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 31 Oct 2013
This capo is absolutely tiny. When I seen it in the box I seriously doubted it would suit my acoustic guitar, but it fit perfectly. It's also really really easy to use. Sometimes I do find that it doesn't hold down all the strings properly, but all it needs is a little adjustment and it's fine again. The only downside is that it's so small I keep misplacing it.

Esselte Pendaflex A4 Suspension Files - Blue (Pack of 25)(File dimensions 31x24cm)
Offered by 3WM Ltd
Price: 11.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great files, 31 Oct 2013
I bought the Leitz Click and Store Suspension File Box and needed some files to go in it. These files got good reviews and didn't seem too expensive so I went with them. I'm glad I did. They're good quality and sturdy enough for what I want them for (bank statements etc.). The tabs are also really easy to use and really handy. And you get a lot of them with it. The files also slide along really easy, no snagging or anything (unlike my parents old files which are just painful to use). All in all a good buy.

Java, A Beginner's Guide, 5th Edition
Java, A Beginner's Guide, 5th Edition
by Herbert Schildt
Price: 18.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 31 Oct 2013
I really like this book. I'm studying for the SE7 Java Associate exam and this book is great. It's really easy to read, the examples are clearly laid out, and the little exercises at the end of each chapter are a great way to test yourself. I had bought the HeadFirst Java book before this but I found the writing style a bit confusing, it just seemed to ramble on a bit. I had also tried teaching myself from tutorials on websites, but I always gave up on them. I did have a tiny bit of Java knowledge before starting this book but it was only basic stuff so this beginner's book is perfect for me (although do think it might be a bit difficult for someone who is completely new to programming, but not impossible). Anyway it's a great book and I think if you're wanting to learn Java you should definitely buy it.

Snazaroo Face Paint Palette - 8 x 18ml colours
Snazaroo Face Paint Palette - 8 x 18ml colours
Price: 20.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good facepaints, 31 Oct 2013
I decided for Halloween this year to wear facepaints and go as a scary clown. I'd bought facepaints before but they were the cheap, useless ones so I said I'd pay extra for some good ones. It took me a little while to get used to the facepaints though. I kept using too much water so the facepaints were really watery and going all over my face. I ordered sponges with the paints but I ended up using my fingers because I thought it was easier that way. But once I got the hang of it they were really easy to use. And they come off super easy as well. Just a bit of water and soap and you're done. Way easier than makeup. Also, I've sensitive eyes and have to wear a certain brand of mascara/makeup (BareMinerals) but these facepaints never bothered me, and there was loads of paint around my eyes. Anyway, my sister was also using facepaints for halloween coz she was going as a zombie. She bought the cheap, useless ones in the poundshop though and only tried them for the first time the night we were going out for Halloween. They were absolutely useless so she ended up having to take hers off and using my paints instead. And she's vowed never to buy cheap facepaints again. So all in all, a great buy and Iots of fun. I can see myself using them for lots of occasions, not just Halloween.

Re-uz Women's Carrier Lites Swimming Beach Holiday Bag Skyline RU2003L-S
Re-uz Women's Carrier Lites Swimming Beach Holiday Bag Skyline RU2003L-S
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Skyscraper design, 31 Oct 2013
This bag seems pretty cool. It's big enough to put gym gear in but not too big that it looks stupid if you want to bring it shopping or anything. It also folds back into the little outer bag really easily. I haven't tested it yet to see if it's waterproof so I'm not sure about that. There's a pocket on the inside as well if you want to put you keys or phone in there. It's a handy little bag and I'm glad I bought it.

Leitz Click & Store Suspension File Box (Black) - ref 60460095
Leitz Click & Store Suspension File Box (Black) - ref 60460095
Price: 16.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Leitz Suspension File Box, 8 Oct 2013
Box is perfect for my needs. Really easy to put together and is strong and durable. Looks good also. Great product.