Profile for Glenn > Reviews

Content by Glenn

Glenn

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Coolreall 15600mAh Portable Charger Power Bank External Battery Pack with Quick Charge and LED Flashlight for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More (Black)
Offered by Coolreall Official

5.0 out of 5 stars Best battery I've owned., 22 Jun. 2016
I've owned a few, this is by far the biggest in terms of weight and size. It's not the type of thing you want to go running with. However It fits nicely in the pocket of my bag and running from meeting to meeting I can whack my phone and iPad on the charge. I've been through a few cycles now and yesterday I recharged my iPhone 5 three times and its still on 3/4 lights. I used it to keep my iPad alive for three hours for a presentation and at the end I was surprised that not only had my iPad survived but it had charged it. My older batteries keep it alive but don't charge it. So if my iPad is on 33% It will keep it was 33% for a few hours. This battery, charged it to about 77% from 30% in a few hours and I was using it.

It feels pretty sturdy, and nothing thus far after a week of being in my bag (thrown about) it has not had an issues. The light on the end is a nice touch. Can help at night its like a little spot light. Which helps you plug in your phone as you can see where the USB inputs are. I would love to be able to get some sort of a carry case for it or a pouch or something.

I did notice at some point after heavy use it became warm. Not enough to freak me out, but it was warm. One thing I will say, it feels like this thing charges my phone really quickly.

As I said, this is a must to have sitting in your bag for reliable re-charge. I estimate I could charge my iPhone 5 about 10 times before it goes dead, results will probably vary depending on the phone and usage.

I received a discount to review this product, but am not biased.
Comment Comment | Permalink

NUBWO N6 PC Gaming Stereo Noise Cancelling Headset with High Sensitivity Microphone & Volume Control, Soft Ear Pad (Black)
Offered by BasicTune

4.0 out of 5 stars For gaming - yes. Gamers you will love them!, 22 Jun. 2016
I am a gamer, I use headphones but appreciate decent sounds quality and comfortability for long sessions. The headphones come in a neat little cardboard box, they have mic & audio male plugs, and a 2 into 1 adapter, that allows you to plug into a headphone input if you're a on a laptop or a computer with only one input.

I'm going to comment on three things - audio, comfortability and quality.

When I first took these out of the box, It looked cheap - but didn't feel cheap. The cables feel sturdy and thick. The plastic is not glossy and the headphone covers look nice. The volume control is helpful for people who game on a console where there is no volume control in-game. It means you can mute it if you need. The volume control itself is pretty chunky.. IF it were smaller and the microphone wasn't so obvious, you could use these headphones for daily use with an iPhone or something. But as a gaming headset the volume control doesn't affect anything negatively.

Ok comfortability, firstly I am a musician, I actually own high-end headphones and what I noticed first when I put these on was the comfort of them. It felt like I put a pillow over my ears. If you like comfort I think this will work for you. Because there is so much cushion they kind of hug your ears and give good noise cancelling from the outside world just because its like wearing safety ears protectors. I've got a pretty big head, they still fit me, i put them on my wife who is tiny and they fit her. I think it would be safe to say that they would fit anyone.

In terms of audio quality, I haven't found anything that puts me off. The sound is of good quality, they add a lot of bass because of the over-ear style. But I like a lot of bass. They can produce a lot of volume which is great, and mic is good quality. The only thing I would say is that there is a lot of noise bleed outside of the headphones so if you are playing and have the volume loud people can still hear what is going on. But you won't hear a thing when they tell you to turn it down ;-)

Since owning these for a week, the covers on the ears have torn in a few patches where Ive stuffed them in my bag and perhaps been a bit aggressive. I think the comfortability of having soft covers for the cushions adds to the nice feeling on the ears/head, the downside of that I guess is having the material so thin.

Overall I gave the headphones a five, but it would be pretty close to a four only because of the tearing but I felt like If i gave them a four it wouldn't be fair due to the fact it could have been me.

I received a discount to give the product an honest review, but i'm not biased.
Comment Comment | Permalink

August SE30 - Portable Smartphone, Tablet and Laptop Speaker - Bluetooth Rechargeable Speakers with Wired 3.5mm AUX Audio-in - White/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth speaker - great., 14 Jun. 2016
Great little speaker. I've owned quite a few bluetooth speakers. People often rave about Jawbone etc, but this is one tenth the price and doesn't sound less in quality. I bought the white one, it sits in the kitchen so I can listen to music whilst cooking and fits on top of the fridge nicely.

The battery life is great, I have never timed it but it feels like I don't have to charge it often, probably only charged it a handful of times and I listen maybe for an hour a day. August is a great company, making cost effective electronics. I haven't been paid to write this advert, but i am always checking to see what products they are releasing as i've never bought a bad one. In terms of size of the device it is small, don't be thinking this thing is big or you'll be disappointed. Its small, portable and great to fill a room thats quiet, its not gonna be able to fill a hall or anything like that.

LAMY safari Medium Nib Fountain Pen - White
LAMY safari Medium Nib Fountain Pen - White
Offered by Europens

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite pen. Why oh why did I lend it ..., 14 Jun. 2016
My favourite pen. Why oh why did I lend it to someone..

Easy to write with, easy to change ink, easy on the eye.

What's not to love?

CSL - car radio cassette adapter | 3.5 mm jack socket / AUX | audio cassette / tape adaptor | for iPod, iPhone, Discman, MP3, CD, MD or DAT player, mobile phone, smartphone, tablet
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my second purchase, the first one ended ..., 14 Jun. 2016
This is my second purchase, the first one ended up being faulty (from a difference company). This one after quite a while (3 months) is still going strong. The sleeve of the jack did come loose but it just slots back on and I haven't had any problems since.

New Horrizon - Touch Screen Glass Digitizer Assembly For Apple iPad 5 Air 5th Generation (Installed Home Button, Adhesive, Tools Included) (White)
Offered by NewHorrizon

4.0 out of 5 stars Broken Screen? No worries, 14 Jun. 2016
Finally, The screen worked which was great because some of them don't. The only criticism I have is the glue that is supplied on strips came loose pretty quickly, which meant I had to keep pushing the screen back into place. After it had moved a few times I noticed that dust had gotten under the screen so it always looks dirty. Besides that, it is really easy to replace, the tools are all great.

UiiSii U1 In-ear Headphones with Mic and Music Control Earphones for iPhone Android Smartphones MP3 All 3.5mm Devices (Pink)
Offered by S&G TECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 10 Jun. 2016
Bought these for my wife. They are sturdy. The switch in the middle is a bit weird - i still don't get it. It changes the sound but also changes the song on the iphone.. weird!? Still 5 stars :)

Impex Waxed Linen Thread Natural (23m)
Impex Waxed Linen Thread Natural (23m)
Offered by Minerva Crafts and Fabrics

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 10 Jun. 2016
Great for bookbinding

Genuine GUPi® Classic BROWN PU Leather Vintage Book Tablet Folio Case, Cover, Media Stand For Apple iPad Air / ipad 5
Offered by Love My Case Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it - protects ipad, 10 Jun. 2016
Love it - protects ipad, stands up great. One thing to note there's no real "typing" angle. If you're after that then don't buy it. If you're after a cover that looks like a book then go for it - thats what i wanted thats what i got!

August EP650 - Bluetooth Headphones with 3.5mm Audio In - Wireless or Wired Stereo Headset with NFC Tap to Connect - Rechargeable Battery / Built In Battery / USB Audio In - Silver
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars These headphones are great., 10 Jun. 2016
These headphones are the third pair i have bought. I keep giving them away as gifts and then buying them again. my only criticism for the headphones is bright flashing on the side. It means on airplanes at night, or in darker rooms it bothers people. I just pop a piece of black tape over it. The headphones are super bassy, so they are great for movies. There's good enough noise cancellation (passive) with the over-ear design to wear on airplanes and on bus, outdoors. Even the mic is pretty good. I sometimes wear them whilst walking and am able to have a conversation with people easily.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3