Profile for P. Atkinson > Reviews

Content by P. Atkinson

P. Atkinson

Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking (6 Volume Set)
Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking (6 Volume Set)
by Nathan Myhrvold

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and an Encyclopaedia of cooking art, 31 Dec. 2012
Being the cook/chef in the house, getting a gift like this was like entering an entire new world. I am self taught and feel that I can pretty much take any recipe and put it together. I am always focusing on taste and presentation regardless of whether its a simple breakfast or a more formal dinner. The Modernist Cuisine is fantastic in all respects; from the history/fundamentals of cooking to the scientific explanations surrounding cooking and the various ingredients. I feel that if I read this amazing piece of gastronomic masterpiece and attempted to master the various techniques I would almost be complete. The only thing missing would be my own 'touch and taste' to create uniqueness.

I appreciate this book can be targeted at a more qualified audience than myself, but I feel confident that anybody who has an interests in cooking and modern techniques will find this book second to none. My only issue now is how I can manage to afford a Pacojet!