Profile for Clare Louise > Reviews

Fa la la la Felt
by Amanda Carestio
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars fa la la la tastic, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: Fa la la la Felt (Paperback)
Fantastic book for making felt decorations some lovely templates. The templates need to be blown up and instructions are easy to follow I've also mixed and matched templates for some personalised decorations. Highly recommend this book.

Disney Couture Alice In Wonderland Key & Padlock Bracelet
Disney Couture Alice In Wonderland Key & Padlock Bracelet

5.0 out of 5 stars For adults who want to keep a piece of childhood with them, 20 Oct 2010
am a grown up Alice in wonderland fan and love anything Alice i have been a fan since I was young and so was looking for something 'Alice' which was aimed more at grown up fans when I came across this bracelet by Disney Couture. Dinsey Couture are a company which make jewellery and clothing which are based on famous Disney characters. It's a company that I think provides a little bit of grown up magic allowing you to wear a little bit of childhood where ever you go.

The main designer behind the Alice in Wonderland collection is Belfast born Tom Binns who has a unique style of jewellery design taking things and making them magical.

My bracelet arrive in a black satin bag with Disney Alice and Wonderland on one side in glod lettering and Tom Binns for Disney Couture printed on the other. The bag is drawstring and easy to open and close I think it was a nice extra to have somewhere to keep my jewellery in.

The bracelt itself is made up of 32 quite chunly links which give it a length of approx 8 cm it is made from oxidised silver plated material which has a grey matt type finish. In the middle of the bracelet is a padlock which is fixed in place it has little screws engraved in it and a key shape whole. Next to the padlock is a key and the back of the padlock has Disney printed on the back. The clip fastening is one you flip down. It can be a little tricky to fix on your own I usually need a little help though I can do it if I concentrate after a few tries. On the end of the chain next to the hoop is a tag which says 'MADE WITH CARE in WONDERLAND' I think that is a nice touch.

The bracelet appears to me to be of good quality and I it is not to heavy to wear. I wear mine on my right wrist and I am right handed but it does not get in the way when writing. I would say it is a day wear bracelet as it is quite casual and not flashy so its not really for going clubbing in. I love it though and also bought a Alice necklace to go with it which is waiting to be accepted fingers crossed.

I give this bracelet 5 stars.

Jessie Wallace - Look at Me Now Workout [DVD]
Jessie Wallace - Look at Me Now Workout [DVD]
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 3.56

3.0 out of 5 stars Workout - could be better Toning- brilliant, 19 Oct 2010
This has got to be the strangest exercise dvd I have done, and I have done alot.

The dvd starts out with Jessie telling you have to exercising has worked for her there are no before pictures or video clips which is unusual for starters as with celebrity dvds you usually find that there are before and after clips which personally I think push you to try when you can see what the results are.

Moving on the instructer is male not a problem but he does seem to be in his own weird little world. The warm up kicks us off then we are told we can do 'whatever' from the next sessions by the instructer who seems to have couldn't care less attitude which I found a bit strange usually on workout dvds the instructers like to give you advice. Anyway I opted to do it all to see what it was about.

The high impact version was as if it had been thrown together on the spot Jessie was very enthusiastic during this section whilst he again appeared to not be bothered. The moves were just thrown together one after another and there was no routine to it which there usually is when you do workouts. The jumping around did get my pulse raising but I was confused as I did it so couldn't really enjoy it. The instructer also kept swapping from telling me to do so many reps to telling me how many seconds I had to do moves for if he stuck to one or the other then that would have been ok but it just confused me. This was also a dvd where when they say left you actually use you right if you are mirroring whats happening again confusing.

Next up there was a boxing session which was a bit better, I don't find there is as much need for routine in boxing sections so that was ok but the weird counting kept confusing me as did the instructers laid back attitude.

The toning sections and cool down I felt were the best sections and I actually think that doing another workout dvd followed by the toning section from this would do me some good, but the routine was to confusing for me follow on a regular basis. The soundtrack was good though.

I will give this 3 stars as the toning was brilliant and the other sections did get my pulse raised even though it was confusing sometimes.

Activity Meter - Green (Nintendo DS)
Activity Meter - Green (Nintendo DS)
Offered by The Treasure's Island
Price: 7.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Whe you loose your pedometer the only the thing to do is replace it, 13 Oct 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I had the game Walk with me for Christmas 2009 I became obsessed with i, then one night whilst out I lost my pedometer in a nightclub and I was really upset I wouldn't be able to measure my steps again so I searched for a replacement keeping my fingers crossed it wouldn't be to expensive and I came across this.

The pedometer is exactly the same as the the 2 which come with the game and if you buy a replacement one because you have lost yours it is easy to upload your data onto it. You may also want to buy another one for more people to join in the walking adventure.

The pedometer itself has a little light which will flash red as you walk and measure your steps, once you have reached your step target for the day it will turn green. The downside to the pedometer is you do have to keep hooking it up to the ds to see how far off target you are. The pedometer comes with a back on which is flat so you could just carry it in your bag or you can attach a clip to it by removing the back and replacing it with the clip back you will need a small screw driver for this. As for measuring steps I have worn this alongside other pedometers and found it to be pretty accurate so I would recommend to all who mis place their pedometer or want one for family or friends.

Walk With Me! Do You Know Your Walking Routine? - Includes Two Activity Meters (Nintendo DS)
Offered by The R&B Group International Online Stores
Price: 12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple yet effective, 13 Oct 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My partner brought this for me Christmas 2009 and I absolutley love it.

In the box you get 2 pedometers and the ds game. The pedometers come so you can either just put them in your pocket or can attach a clip to the pack and wear them on your trousers. You wear your pedometer each day and it counts your steps taken. It comes with 2 so you are able to play with friends or family and you can buy extra pedometers and have up to four players at one time. You also have the option of attaching it to your dog though i am not sure how effective this would be lol.

You set your pedometer up for your target amount of steps for the next day and away you go. The pedometer light will flash red until your your step target is reached and it will then turn to green. The pedometer holds our data for up to a month so you do not have to update eveyday though I find it best to if you want to stay motivated. When you update your steps you link to pedometer to your ds through infared once your steps are on the console you have the choice of extra features to do with them these include walk the world where your steps go to 'walking the world' and unlocking different pictures from various countrys. Or illuminate where your steps go to lighting up a little village they are just small features for added entertainment.

Every day you are also set a challenge for the next day such as have time for you or move more and then you answer whether you have completed that task the next day. You are then asked to answer how that day has been for you in different faces. Your data is then saved and you can look back and see whether you have met your target on each day green face mean met red face means not met.

It is simple yet i find it motivating myself and my boyfriend have competitions to see who can walk the most in aday (sadly he usually wins as his job is more physical than mine but this has only pushed me to move more) The only downside is that you have to link it to ds to see how close to your target you are.

I set my target at 9000 steps per day and since December have managed to loose 1stone just through walking extra I wear mine everyday as it's discreet enough no one else has to know your wearing it not like some hearty pedometers I have seen before. It's simple yet brilliant.

Nintendo DSi Handheld Console (Red)
Nintendo DSi Handheld Console (Red)
Offered by Bargain Games UK
Price: 99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A console for all ages, 13 Oct 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased my dsi after previously owning ds lite and playing it until it no longer worked. I really enjoyed the variety of games I could play on my ds so I needed a new one to replace and went for the dsi in red.

The dsi for those of you who don't know is a handheld games console made by nintendo. The games come on little cartridges which which slot neatly into the back of the console and vary from adventure games, puzzle games, football games, cooking games, health games basically every kind of game you can think of most of the games available to play on the wii are also available on the ds. The ds also has its own games specifically deigned for it.

The dsi is a rectangular shape which you open by flicking a little switch at the front once its open inside you will find 2 3.25-inch screen one in the top bit one which is touch screen in the bottom (imagine you are opening a book ). It also has two 0.3 megapixel cameras one which faces you as you play and one on the back of the console the mega pixel quality is not high put is ok as an added feature and there are fun programmes you can play like taking pictures of you and friends and seeing how 'related' you are. The sound quality is good most games can be played with or without sound I usually play without to save annoying other people lol though you can put earphones if you want to. It also has a SD memory card slot you can save picures onto although you probably won't need this as you can save 421 picures onto the console itself and it saves the pictures in a album and on a calender so you can see when you took it.

The dsi is slightly thiner than my previous ds lite but has a bigger clearer screen. Another feature is dsi sound which allows you to record yourself then play with the sounds you make you can also play your own music this isn't really a feature I use but for sound fans it could be fun.

The dsi also has as shop where games and applications can be downloaded through wifi connection.

When playing a game the dsi is controlled by either a stylus which is like the little pen you get with touch screen phones these days or you can use the arrow controllers and 'x'y'a'b' buttons similar to a playstation and xbox pad which can be found inside the console or the the L and R keys found on each corner each game needs to be controlled in different ways but don't worry its quick to pick up as you go along.

I can definatley recommend the dsi over the ds lite as it's extra features including camera make it more fun you are also able to use the console for general internet browsing access which adds to the entertainment value of the console. The wide variety of games available for the console also means I constantly have something to keep me entertained. I am 26 years old and especially enjoy the challenging puzzle games such as professor Layton and Jewel quest I also like the cooking step by step guides and have found using the walk with me game where my steps are monitored daily and then downloaded on to by dsi to be motivational in getting me to move more. The dsi has something for all ages it's something the whole family can enjoy.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2012 7:47 PM GMT

Hannah Waterman's Body Blitz [DVD]
Hannah Waterman's Body Blitz [DVD]
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA
Price: 9.14

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good workout, 13 Oct 2010
Hannah Waterman's Body Blitz took me a bit by suprise at how good and tough it was. I was expecting it to be like some of the other celebrity dvds where they promise you miracles but when you do it you hardly break a sweat.

This dvd is broken down into four sections -
Cardio Blitz which really gets you moving mixing in quick bursts of intense exercise to raise your heart beat with what hannah calls 'active rest' periods which you really need. It involves moves such as grapevines, squats, jumps, the useual aerobic exercise moves but combined into a fun routine. You run through the routine twice and once you hit the speed section jogging fast on the spot and 'active rest' which is basically toning exercises your half way there so keep going.

Box Blitz which is a fun boxercise style section with lots of moves really fun to do and easy to follow it. It uses punching moves and kick and a can can kicking style move which always has me gasping for breathe. Again as in previous section once you hit speed section this time speed ball punches and running on the spot punching the air and active rest your half way there. I like this section the best the boxing moves are fun and the cross punches make me feel like I am toning my waist.

Tone Blitz involves more toning exercises and weight exercises to really help you tone up with some intervals of high energy moves in to keep you burning fat. The toning exercises on this really take it out of you jumping and squating after the first 2 sections definatley finishes me off for the day.

Belly Blitz is an extra section for the area most of us want to target the abdominals!!! this is followed by stretching and a cool down.

The dvd is challenging and definatley makes you sweat you can do the whole thing through which takes just over an hour or you can just do sections i find this good because sometimes I dont have time to complete the whole thing but just doing one or 2 sections still leaves you feeling like you have had a good workout. Hannah is joined by two men from
Loughborough University who talk you through the moves one doing high intensity and one low so you also have options to follow. The moves I found were mostly easy to follow and enjoyable. Overall a very good dvd that definatley will make you sweat. The soundtrack is not songs you will probably know the music to me seemed a similar sound to the Vicky Binns workout dvd not sure if its same people but if you have done that one you will know what I mean. Its basically dance style tracks which are quite catchey and you end up humming or singing along to them as you workout.

A great workout make sure you have some water handy though you will need it.

Schwarzkopf Gliss Shine Tonic 100ml
Schwarzkopf Gliss Shine Tonic 100ml
Offered by Online4Perfume
Price: 4.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Shiney hair, 11 Oct 2010
As the mission continues to get the shiniest looking hair I picked up this little wonder spray. I was attracted to the 'Repair Care' label on the front. I have been using the matching Total Repair Shampoo and Conditioner for a couple of months now and my hair is in a much better condition, my hairdresser even said my hair was in better condition last time I had it cut so I thought that this would great for the finishing touch.

The spray comes in 100ml can which has a push spray top and no lid which is ok for me because I tend to loose the lids anyway.

The spray is designed for dry and damaged hair. It should make be used once hair is styled and for even better results on towel dried hair before styling. Once applied hair should be shiney.

My experience......

I washed and dried my hair with the Total Repair Shampoo and Conditioner used my straightners and was still left with a small frizz over my hair which often happens when I straighten my hair straight after drying. So I picked up my can and sprayed the spray over my hair. It comes out in the form of a light mist which smells quite sweet and fruity, very pleasing to the nose. Once I have sprayed over my hair does look more shiny and healthy and smells great.

I would really recommend this spray if you are looking for something to give you some extra shine. It is not a styling product so will not hold your hair in position but it will make it look great. It is even better if used with the Shampoo and Conditioner.

5 stars from me for this Shine Tonic that does the job.

Charlie Brooks: Before and After Workout [DVD] [2005]
Charlie Brooks: Before and After Workout [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Charlie Brooks
Offered by TwoRedSevens
Price: 5.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Charlie has returned to our screens and to my fitness regime!, 11 Oct 2010
Charlie Brook is better known for playing bad girl Janine in Eastenders and I must say she looks good doing it. But do you remeber when she came into Eastenders years ago she was not a fit looking as the ladie we see today.

This dvd was released in 2005 which means to me that Charlie has kept here weight off I always have way more faith in dvds where the celebrity has kept the weight off rather than pile it back on 2 months after it is released, to me that shows it is something that has genuinely changed their lifestyle for the better.

I am currently trying to loose weight for a winter holiday and have been doing this dvd alongside others for a bit of variety.

This dvd starts you off with a warm up which is nice and slow and introduces you to moves you will be using later in the dvd beware there are quite alot of squats here you have been warned.

You then move onto a dance section where there are lots of twisty moves it is a bit tricky at first but the moves are repeated enough times for you to get the hang of it, I like with this that although the moves are repeated it is not to repetitive and there are other moves thrown in to break the sequence up so your not doing the same thing a hundred times in a row. This dance routine I would say is quite low impact it gets you moving but not to the point where you are completlet out of breathe. The instructer is very easy to follow and likeable and Charlie adds a few comments alon the way.

Next up is a boxing section and things begin to get a little fast there are lots of punches and twists in this section and I feel like my core is really moving in this section which is great because lets face it we all want the perfect 6 pack don't we. This section gradually gets faster and it was here I felt my pulse begin to rise.

Next up os a high energy section where there is lots of jumpy moves and your pulse really goes up. It was here I really started to fell breathless but I kept on and feel great when I have done it.

Finally there is a pilates cool down section where you stretch off and do the plank and other pilates moves some of which are quite tough but really work your body.

Each section is around 10 minutes long so the dvd is 50 minutes in total I found that the 50 minutes went quite quick because of the change in activity. The music isn't really brilliant and its not chart tracks but it is ok for the purpose of working out to. The dvd also contains adiet plan which I have not followed but it is there if you need it. I would recommend this dvd to everyone looking to workout and shape up the way the pace builds is great and so is having some variety.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Novelty fun, 10 Oct 2010
I am a sucker for novelty and also for keyrings I have alot all attached to my keys which for me is actually a good thing because I have a large bag but with all my keyrings I can always find my keys fast.

It is quite a good novelty gift price I think especially with Christmas coming up.

We have all probably played on a Etch a Sketch and some point and been determined and proud when we have finished the perfect picture using the 2 twisty buttons one for up and down and one for side to side. The thing with Etch a Sketch is you it's like drawing without a pencil and without being able to take your pencil off the paper so any image you do is a great achievement as they are a little hard to get the hang of. Once you have completed your picture you shake and begin again.

Well this keyring is a mini version of that and as it is mini its harder to make the perfect picture, but it is still lots of fun. The Etch a Sketch comes attached to a metal keyring which of course you attach to your keys. The Etch a Sketch is available in Pink with green twisters or green with pink twisters the choice is yours.

Page: 1 | 2