Profile for kt1982 > Reviews

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure [DVD]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves
Price: 7.25

5.0 out of 5 stars 80's classic!, 25 Jan 2011
I love this film, light hearted and very, very funny, it's Keanu Reeves doing what he does best, being an absolute himbo! It was a childhood favourite of mine, and whilst it has dated rather badly it was the 80s!!! The story is based upon 2 high school (almost) drop outs who have a history presentation to give so the hilarious Rufus takes them from the Circle K to time travelling in a phone booth across the centuries and world with them meeting some of history's most famous leaders. Great film! If you haven't seen it, you should!

A Passage to India
A Passage to India
by E M Forster

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 25 Jan 2011
This review is from: A Passage to India (Paperback)
I had to read this for uni and I wasn't looking forward to it at all, but it was a great book which was well worth he read. The characters are engaging and the storyline is fantastic. I loved the film adaptation too. An absolute classic that everyone should read.

Beads by Loving the Bead  Beads 'Ice Dance' Murano Glass Foil instant Slide-on & Slide-off Bead Charm for Lovingthebead, Pandora, Troll & Other Charm & Bead Bracelets, Necklets, Collars, Earrings etc. Free P&P with all Loving the Bead purchases over 10
Beads by Loving the Bead Beads 'Ice Dance' Murano Glass Foil instant Slide-on & Slide-off Bead Charm for Lovingthebead, Pandora, Troll & Other Charm & Bead Bracelets, Necklets, Collars, Earrings etc. Free P&P with all Loving the Bead purchases over 10

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely beads, 25 Jan 2011
Yet another bead in my collection I got from Loving the Bead, really good quality (as always!) and at a really great price! I'm very pleased with all the beads I bought from them, and this one is very pretty and goes with anything!

Herland (Dover Thrift Editions)
Herland (Dover Thrift Editions)
by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
Price: 4.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 25 Jan 2011
This book is brilliant and I'd highly recommend it. The story is engaging and offers the reader an adventure in itself! Perkins was a fabulous writer and it's difficult to understand why this hasn't been made into a film as it would adapt beautifully and perhaps encourage more people to read this book. The feminist notions apparent in the book make it difficult to imagine that this was written at the turn of the last century. It's not preachy at all though, I just loved it, and it's quite funny in parts too.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 25 Jan 2011
Lovley bead, lovely colour, Loving the Bead are great, and all the beads I've bought from them have been fantastic. Really great quality for the price.

Flight Of The Conchords - Complete HBO First and Second Season [DVD] [2009]
Flight Of The Conchords - Complete HBO First and Second Season [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Bret McKenzie
Price: 19.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, 25 Jan 2011
I cannot recommend these DVDs highly enough. Comedy genius with some very catchy tunes too! I've got all their music on my ipod too. The adventures of Brett and Jemaine are hilarious and heart warming. I loved the show so much I went to see them live and they're even funnier in real life! My favourite character has to be Mel, the show is great as it's full of New York comedians who were relatively unknown before. If you haven't seen this buy it, if you have you'll know that you need to buy it! Just brilliant! Perfect comedy! 5*

The Life and Loves of a She-devil
The Life and Loves of a She-devil
by Fay Weldon
Price: 7.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating read, 25 Jan 2011
This book is intense in parts but is extremely enjoyable. Weldon is a wonderful writer and offers her reader much food for thought. I read this for a feminism module I studied at uni and it was one of my favourite texts. The TV adaptation lost the way totally, but the book is fantastic, I'd definitely recommend it, although parts did make me feel a tad queasy!

The Postgraduate Research Handbook: Succeed with Your MA, MPhil, EdD and PhD (Palgrave Study Guides)
by Gina Wisker

2.0 out of 5 stars Not essential, 25 Jan 2011
I bought this before I did an MA in History and Culture, and while it is good at offering techniques for research I didn't really find it that useful. This may have been because my MA was tutor lead though, so for people doing Post Grad research that isn't taught this could be very useful.

Diary of a Mad Housewife
Diary of a Mad Housewife
by Sue Kaufman

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 25 Jan 2011
I read this for my uni course and I really enjoyed it. It made for difficult reading in parts as it's exposing chauvinism, but well worth the read. Tina is an engaging character whom I felt extremely sorry for, her claustrophobia is obvious as she is stuck in a lifestyle that hinders her. Sue Kaufman is a great writer and I'll more than likely read some of her other books too.

The Uses of Enchantment: The Meaning and Importance of Fairy Tales (Penguin Psychology)
by Bruno Bettelheim
Price: 7.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential for Fairy/Folk tale study, 25 Jan 2011
This book is essential for the study of fairy/folk tales. Using a psychoanalytical approach Bettelheim focuses upon a number of traditional tales and de constructs them. Very interesting reading and really makes you look at fairy tales in a different light. Whether reading for study or just for pleasure this is a great book which makes some extremely interesting arguments.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6