Profile for Robert Fulton > Reviews

Content by Robert Fulton

Robert Fulton (Glasgow, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Killzone Mercenary (PlayStation Vita)
Killzone Mercenary (PlayStation Vita)

5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10, 9 Sept. 2013
This may be the best shooter I have ever played handheld or otherwise. I would recommend this game to every fan of shooter/action I know.

No spoilers.
Nothing further to add.

Take my word for it.
Buy this game!

The Dawkins Delusion?: Atheist Fundamentalism and the Denial of the Divine
The Dawkins Delusion?: Atheist Fundamentalism and the Denial of the Divine
by Alister McGrath

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to par, 7 April 2013
Having read the majority of Dawkins' books I decided to give this a go.
The main reason was to see just how it countered Dawkins & you know, that's what the title suggests to me(Other than a blatant attempt to make money). If you're going to be bold enough to use his title, you may as wee be bold enough to attack him directly.

Unfortunately, as reviews have noted before me, this book must have been completed in a hurry. It's dreadfully poor and the arguments are biblically thin. It struck me as if it had been written by someone angry...or sad.

If you expect anything close to quality buy a different book. There are many to counter Dawkins' arguments, perhaps not directly but with much more grace than this book.

A5 Week to View 2013 Diary Excellent Quality Assorted Colours
A5 Week to View 2013 Diary Excellent Quality Assorted Colours

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, 16 Mar. 2013
For what it is, it's decent. The price is good, but I did expect a little more from this...
I'd recommend playing extra for something with a little more character.

Silent Hill Downpour (PS3)
Silent Hill Downpour (PS3)
Offered by Zartek UK

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment., 16 Mar. 2013
I can't review this game as a gamer who has completed it simply because it is unplayable to anyone expecting quality.
This game is glitchy, choppy, out of sync and a complete let down to hardcore SH fans and prospective fans of the series.

I almost want to ring the developers and demand my money back.

Also, before anyone asks if it's my copy, it isn't. I have tried 8 different copies in a desperate bid to play this game and to no avail. Friends & family have attempted too.

We have been begging for a decent patch in ps3 land & nothing...not a bit of it.

Until news of a patch that fixes the game play, I cannot in good conscience give this any more than one star.
I urge you not to buy this 'til then & instead opt for the HD Collection or Homecoming. The latter isn't great, but it's been properly done.

Death of a Salesman: Certain Private Conversations in Two Acts and a Requiem (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Arthur Miller

4.0 out of 5 stars Great play!, 16 Mar. 2013
This came fast & in perfect condition.
Hard to review a classic as everyone has their take on it...

Maybe just avoid the movie. ;)

Belkin iPod Nano 3G Leather Folio - Black/Chocolate
Belkin iPod Nano 3G Leather Folio - Black/Chocolate

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 16 Mar. 2013
This leather folio is a great buy. It is stylish and keep the iPod well protected.
If I was to really pick for problems, it's that the fit could be a little more secure as the iPod does tend to slip to the left when it's opened, meaning you have to slide it back in to operate the click wheel. Also, the plastic that covers the screen was rather cloudy when I got it which isn't a huge problem, but I expect pristine...hence, four stars.

Worth it for the money!

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
Offered by Arancia Eoutlet

3.0 out of 5 stars A good attempt, 16 Mar. 2013
I wanted to give this a higher rating but it had to be three stars. As good as some of the gameplay is, it's hugely repetitive. The game is very short and for a platinum whore, the prospect of gaining an S rank in every part for a trophy is just far-fetched. I think the problem this has is following Metal Gear Solid 4, which was/is a complete masterpiece. Had this game came before it would have been better received.

This game finds it's strength in the cut scenes, which I shan't go into for fear of spoiling.

Would I recommend it? Yes. In fact, I have done so already although each time I've found myself having to back up the recommendation with, "Treat it as a completely new game that has nothing to do with Metal Gear".

I accept that this is a standalone title but it's simply not up to the standard of innovative gameplay that MG fans have come to expect from whoever decides to take a shot at the series.

Marshall Major Headphones
Marshall Major Headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: LOUD!, 7 Jan. 2013
There are a lot of point that make these headphones a great buy.
Attractive, fantastic sound, fairly priced (consider the alternatives) & carry a well known brand name.

It was brought to my attention that these are produced by Zounds Industries. While browsing reviews on these headphones I gathered that they weren't a company that was very well received. Also common was for these headphones to snap at the joint where they fold for compact storage.
Nevertheless, I took the plunge. These have a year long warranty, so IF they do break, you're covered.

I have tried Beats by dre, RZA, & various street phones that sound hollow and are very over-priced. These were the first part to stand out among the rest. Sound is subjective...but I feel these handle the hi's & low's well but really come into their own around mid-range.

I'd certainly recommend these to someone looking for a great deal on headphones that provide looks AND sound.

Dunlop Guitar Pick Holder Black 5001S
Dunlop Guitar Pick Holder Black 5001S
Offered by Musik-Schubert

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 26 Dec. 2012
There is only one problem with this product and it's the sticky pad.
It feels strong to begin with but soon loses it's adhesion.

Otherwise, worth the money

Earthwood 80/20 Guitar Strings Gauge 11-52 Bronze Silk / Steel
Earthwood 80/20 Guitar Strings Gauge 11-52 Bronze Silk / Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great strings, 26 Dec. 2012
If you're after a smooth, warm tone then these are for you.

They feel soft on the fingers and are especially good for fingerpicky, folk styles.

Recommended.