Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Shop now
Profile for A. Wheaton > Reviews

Content by A. Wheaton

A. Wheaton (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Exile (Outlander)
The Exile (Outlander)
by Diana Gabaldon

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, 16 April 2012
This review is from: The Exile (Outlander) (Hardcover)
I LOVE the Outlander series and was really excited to see this graphic novel, however both copies that I ordered were flawed in that a section of pages were out of order. I had to return both copies and I don't think that I'll be re-ordering them.

I found at the beginning of the book the drawing of both Jamie and Claire were beautiful and went quite closely to what I'd imagined them to look like, however as the book went on the quality of the drawings decreased and they looked less like Jamie and Claire, this did take away from my enjoyment as I felt I was now looking at strangers instead of the Jamie and Claire I had gotten to know throughout the novels.

I'm glad that I was able to read this and see the drawings at the beginning of Jamie and Claire, but overall I wasn't impressed.

Kettlercise Just For Women Vol 1, 2 Disc DVD Set - Ultimate Kettlebell Fat Loss Program
Offered by Kettlebell Seminars Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast results and so easy to fit into my day, 1 Mar. 2012
I have been looking at Kettlebells for a while now and wasn't sure if they were for me. I kept seeing the adverts for this DVD in fitness magazines so I decided to give it a try, am I ever happy I did.
I had quite a good fitness level to begin with so I started with a 6kg kettlebell, this was too heavy for some of the exercises to start with so for these I used a 3kg dumbbell but I can now use the 6kg kettlebell for everything.
I now do the 20 minute express workout 3-5 days a week when I get home from work, and I usually fit the 8 minute abs in after my morning workout, I also do the 50 minute full body workout for the 2 days on the weekend as I have more time then.
I am seeing results very fast, after 3 weeks my arms have much more definition, my abdominal muscles are much stronger, I have way more energy than I had before and my clothes are feeling looser already. My running has also improved considerably as my leg muscles are getting stronger as well.
I have and will continue to recommend this DVD to friends and family, I will update again once I have been using this a bit longer.

UPDATE
I've now been using this DVD since February (just over 6 months now), this is the longest I have ever stuck to an exercise DVD and I'm still loving it and seeing results and am now using an 8kg kettlebell for some of the exercises as well.
I can really see my arm muscles now (without even flexing!) which is fantastic and my husband has commented that my shoulder muscles look amazing as well. I've felt my leg muscles for a while now but they are now showing the muscle definition as well. I have a medical condition which makes it very difficult for me to shift stomach fat (or lose weight!), even though I can really feel my stomach muscles, but I am now starting to see definition in my abs so I finally have hope of one day having a flat stomach!
When I started kettlercise I was a size 10 and I have now gone down to a size 8. I will keep doing this program and have Kettlercise for Women volume 2 now as well so I alternate between the two.

Reebok Easytone Reenew, Womens Indoor Court Shoes
Reebok Easytone Reenew, Womens Indoor Court Shoes
Price: £73.96 - £111.44

2.0 out of 5 stars Great at first but don't last, 1 Dec. 2011
I previously had a pair of MBT trainers which lasted me about 5 years. I purchased these easytone as a replacement for my MBT's in March 2011, by September the one sole had already worn through and now makes a hissing sound when I walk. I also don't find them as effective as the MBTs, I have now bought a pair of Sketchers toning shoes which I find a lot more effective and a more durable quality.
I won't buy easytone again or recommend them, save your money and purchase a shoe that will actually last more than half a year!!

Aerolatte Black Milk Frother
Aerolatte Black Milk Frother

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for soya milk, 22 Oct. 2011
This works brilliantly for soya milk or soya cream, just heat in the microwave for about 20 - 30 seconds and then use the frother and within seconds you will have a thick creamy froth better than in coffee shops.
I have tried with other non-dairy milks and found that this works best with soya milk but even better with soya cream.

The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet: 101 Flavor-Packed Patties of 100% Vegan Goodness - with More Taste and Delicious Nutrition than Anything You'd Find at the Store
by Joni Marie Newman

5.0 out of 5 stars Pizza Burger!!!!, 2 Aug. 2011
This book is fantastic, the pizza burger is something that is now made every week and all the other burgers that I have tried in this book have turned out amazing!!!! A must for summer BBQ season

Panasonic Wet and Dry 2-Head Lady's Epilator
Panasonic Wet and Dry 2-Head Lady's Epilator

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Epilator, 4 Dec. 2010
I've been using epilators for years but I've never tried a wet dry one and I liked the idea of being able to use this in the bath .
This is the most effective epilator I've ever bought, the two rows of tweezers really do make epilating faster as you don't have to go over sections more than once, as the second set of tweezers will get what the first set didn't. I found that epilating in the bath, while my skin is warm, completely painless for me (but I've been epilating for years so my skin is used to it). I found the battery charge was more than enough to epilate arms, legs and bikini line.
The foot file is a fantatic addition, I found this incrediably fast and effective and the results far out do any other hard skin remover on the market. My feet now feel completely soft and I could see the results as I went.
This is a product that I will definitly be recommending to friends!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2011 10:24 AM BST

100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes
100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes
by Kris Holechek

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!!!, 14 Dec. 2009
I have quite a collection of Vegan cookbooks so was hesitant to buy another, I first looked on the authors blog and tried the Lemon Drop Cookie recipe she posted there. Well one recipe is all it took, I quickly bought the book and I have not been disapointed at all, every recipe I have made has been incrediable. My Husband is not a muffin eater but he has loved all the muffins I have made from this book. After years of stuggle trying to make bread and ending up with rocks this book finally has me baking nice soft dinner rolls and loaves of bread.
I can't recommend this book highly enough, even if you're not vegan this is still a great cookbook!!

Vegan Brunch
Vegan Brunch
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!!, 2 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Vegan Brunch (Paperback)
I have "Vegan's with a Vengance", "The Veganomicon" and "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World". I love all three of these books, the recipes are easy and delicious and I tend to always have the ingrediants needed on hand.
"Vegan Brunch" is just as amazing as her other cookbooks, with the bonus of having alot more mouth watering pictures. This has become my favourite weekend cook book for cooking lazy late breakfasts

World of Flavours Italian Pizza Stone Set
World of Flavours Italian Pizza Stone Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy, 2 Sept. 2009
I am not at all impressed with this product. I followed the instructions exactly, even baking the stone in the oven for an hour before use to make it harder. The second time I used it, the stone cracked in two. Waste of money as far as I'm concerned
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2010 3:38 PM GMT

10-Minute Yoga Workouts: Power Tone Your Body From Top To Toe
10-Minute Yoga Workouts: Power Tone Your Body From Top To Toe
by Barbara Currie

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Yoga book for Beginners, 27 Aug. 2009
I decided to try and take up Yoga a few years back, I saw this book and thought I'd give it a go as I like the fact that it's all 10 minute sequences, and that's something I thought I could easily handle as a beginner.
I have found this book to be invaluable as an introduction to Yoga. All the poses are explained and the pictures are incrediably helpful, I also like that it tells you the benefits of each pose. I was so impressed with this book that I also got a copy for my Mum, who also loves this book.
Since I took up Yoga a few years ago I have picked up a couple other yoga books, but I still find this one to be the best and the one I use most often as a reference.

Page: 1 | 2