Profile for Steve Betts > Reviews

Content by Steve Betts

Steve Betts

Page: 1 | 2
Sharon Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition SM-P600 SM-P605 & Tab Pro 10.1 Keyboard Cover | QWERTY Layout - Black
Offered by LEICKE Germany

4.0 out of 5 stars Good keyboard/screen cover solution., 27 July 2015
Works well both as a keyboard and as a case/cover, and you can use the tablet in Landscape or Portrait mode. It not bulky and weighs very little, better in my view than the folder style covers. Despite reservations the front catch by the space bar does not get in my way at all. Battery life is good - I've only charged it once and use it every day. I've also paired a blue-tooth mouse with the tablet with no contention.

My only minor quibble is that the keys have a US layout so when working with a UK keyboard driver so you have to shift the "3" key to get a £ and the @ and ' are transposed. I also think the designer missed an opportunity, I'd have happily paid more if the micro USB/ HDMI socket had been replicated on the outside of the keyboard.

Recommended subject to above.

VSD Viewer - Viewer for Visio Drawings
VSD Viewer - Viewer for Visio Drawings

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 21 July 2015
As an infrastructure architect Visio is one of my main tools. This viewer has worked faultlesly with every file Ive asked it to display.

The Particle at the End of the Universe
The Particle at the End of the Universe

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 9 Feb. 2015
A good round up with some of the explanations and analogies being particularly vivid.

JUSTOP BTR003 Bluetooth Stereo Audio Receiver USB Powered , Universal Music Adapter For Speakers / Car stereo / Music Sound System (BTR003)
Offered by DigiDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars tiny device like a USB pen drive that is powered from the ..., 22 Dec. 2014
First impressions: It just worked! tiny device like a USB pen drive that is powered from the USB and plugs into the AUX socket with the supplied cable. Turned it on it auto-paired with my phone and off it went - good quality too! Installed in the glove box of a Q5.I wish all such gadgets were as easy.

LB1 High Performance New Portable Ultra-Slim Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse Combo (White)
Offered by LB1 HIGH-PERFORMANCE

3.0 out of 5 stars OK in parts but not quite the streamlined desktop I was looking for, 19 Dec. 2014
First impressions: I quite like the keyboard, but mouse is very obviously "cheap"
User experience may be different depending your host device. This set works fine on the Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 laptops I tried, but I wanted to use this in conjunction with an OTG adaptor on my Android Lenovo Yoga Tablet. On this device the keyboard works well but the mouse is non-functional. I can get a wireless Microsoft mouse to work at the same time as the keyboard but I have to plug in an additional wireless dongle, via a usb hub. I intend to keep the set despite that and junk the mouse.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2014 4:26 AM GMT

Lenovo Yoga 8-inch Tablet (Silver Grey Metal) - Tablet (Quad Core 1.2GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, 2x Camera, Android 4.2)
Offered by Executivez

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant design, 25 Feb. 2014
Originally bought one and set it up for my Mum's birthday and liked it so much I bought one for myself. It has become the first device I pickup ( I also have IOS and Windows devices) for reading ebooks and news feeds, listening to music and all things internet. Battery life is really good.

Kensington SD3500v USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station with Dual Video for Windows 8.1, 8, 7, XP (HDMI, DVI,VGA to 2048x1152, GB ethernet, 4  x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0)
Kensington SD3500v USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station with Dual Video for Windows 8.1, 8, 7, XP (HDMI, DVI,VGA to 2048x1152, GB ethernet, 4 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0)

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be good except for the supplied flakey windows 8.0 and usb 3.0 drivers, 1 Oct. 2013
I bought the Kensington sd3500v to use with my Lenovo Yoga Ultrabook, which has an Intel core i7, a couple of USB 3.0 ports, wifi, and Windows 8 but no DVD rom or wired Ethernet.

Problem 1. I tried to copy the files from the DVD onto the hard disk for installation but that didn't seem to do anything. Fall back - I was able to download drivers from the web by following the link from your site to DisplayLink, unzip them and install.

Problem 2 was that the Kensington site sends you to version 7.2 of the drivers with the following result: After installation the drivers updated themselves and the unit twice over wifi. Following that the video drivers worked at least to the point that I could use one extra monitor using the dvi and the PC screen, didnt try hdmi.

At that point neither the Kensington sd3500v Wired Network port nor the sound works. I'd not tested, the usb ports, or a separate keyboard and mouse. Its not a hardware problem with the SD3500v as it all just works when I tested it with a Toshiba i3, Windows 7 laptop.

Solution After much searching and with no help from Kensington support, I discovered that Plugable badge a similar unit and they point you to the Latest drivers. [...]

You need to install at least version DisplayLink_7.4M0 of the drivers from the DisplayLink support pages. If you previously tried to install from the dvd or from elsewhere remove that version first using the control panel / Programs and Features.

I'm writing this review on the Laptop screen with a HD you-tube video playing on the external monitor and speakers plugging into the Kensington unit, the video is being streamed using a wired network and the Cat5 socket on the unit, and there is a mouse and hard disk plugged into the USB sockets on the unit as well.

Note I've still got some work to do: Pokki - which is a Start button app that I use has stopped working and I've not tried this with windows 8.1 so far.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars cutting edge problems with Windows 8 drivers and USB 3.0, 1 Oct. 2013
I bought the Kensington sd3500v to use with my Lenovo Yoga Ultrabook, which has an Intel i7, a single USB3.0 port, wifi, and Windows 8 but no DVD rom or wired Ethernet.

Problem 1. Its ridiculous that the drivers dvd is obfuscated so that I cant copy the files onto the hard disk for installation. Fall back - I was able to download the drivers from the web, unzip them and install.

After installation the drivers updated themselves twice. Following that the video drivers worked at least to the point that I can use one extra monitor using the dvi and the PC screen, have not tried hdmi so far.

Problem 2 neither the Kensington sd3500v Wired Network port nor the sound works. I've not tested, the usb ports, or a separate keyboard and mouse.

I've spent one evening on this and I'll give it one more but if that fails the sd3500v is going back
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2013 11:52 AM GMT

HL®Black Micro 2 Port USB Car Charger Adapter for iPhone 3 3GS 4 4S 5, Samsung S S2 S3 S4 Note Note2, HTC ,BlackBerry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Compatible with iPad 1 2 3, Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 , tab 2 10.1 , tab 7.0,tab 7.7, tab P1000,Kobo e Reader.(CE APPROVED)
Offered by PLT-TECH

Aftershock: Protect Yourself and Profit in the Next Global Financial Meltdown
Aftershock: Protect Yourself and Profit in the Next Global Financial Meltdown

3.0 out of 5 stars They might be right, after all as they keep on telling the reader they were right before., 7 July 2013
I would have given a higher rating if they had not felt it necessary to keep on about previous predictions.

Page: 1 | 2