Profile for S. A. Smith > Reviews

Content by S. A. Smith

S. A. Smith

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Beech's Fine Chocolates Chocolate Strawberry Creams 90 g (Pack of 3)
Beech's Fine Chocolates Chocolate Strawberry Creams 90 g (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, good quality chocolates, 8 April 2015
My son and I both love these chocolates. Delicate strawberry filling in good quality chocolate - if only they were calorie free they would be perfect.

Silentnight Mattress-Now 7-Zone Memory Foam Rolled Mattress, Single
Silentnight Mattress-Now 7-Zone Memory Foam Rolled Mattress, Single

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and affordable, 8 April 2015
Bought this for my son who somehow manages to wear out conventional mattresses - he's had this for a few months now and after he got over his initial apprehension when it arrived rolled up, he says that it's actually a very comfortable sleep and I defy him to 'break' this mattress given the material it is made out of. I was also very pleased with the price as it was reduced on the day I purchased. Thank you Amazon.

Vans Vulcanized, Unisex-Adults' Low-Top Trainers, Navy, 6 UK
Vans Vulcanized, Unisex-Adults' Low-Top Trainers, Navy, 6 UK
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfrtable and hard wearing, 8 April 2015
I love these shoes - these are about the 3rd pair I've bought. They are very comfortable to the fit, look smart and the price is good. This won't be the last pair I buy.

Sistema Porridge Bowl
Sistema Porridge Bowl

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very good for cooking porridge ...., 8 April 2015
I'm not sure what I've been doing wrong with this product but every time I've tried to cook porridge in it there has been a minor explosion with porridge oozing out of the air hole in the top and splurting its way round the microwave. I've tried using less milk - and less porridge - but no matter how little I put in a significant part of it shoots out during cooking and coats the inside of the microwave. It's still a useful little microwave pot but I'm not using it for porridge anymore.

CHILLI seeds Jalapeno, Hungarian , Habanero,Ring O FIRE
CHILLI seeds Jalapeno, Hungarian , Habanero,Ring O FIRE
Offered by Live Seeds

3.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, nothing grew, 8 April 2015
It was probably me as the gardener but none of these seed shave germinated which is a shame as they were planted in good compost / seed soil, watered every day and kept in a greenhouse. All the trays around them sprouted into seedlings but these ones sadly remained barren.

Tom Franks Ladies Mink Spotty Fleece Long Pyjamas Set Size 18
Tom Franks Ladies Mink Spotty Fleece Long Pyjamas Set Size 18
Offered by XS-Stock Com Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Snug, warm and comfy - soft to touch - couldn't ask for more, 8 April 2015
These pyjamas are fantastic. The heat from them is amazing. I brought them with me to eastern Europe where the temperatures regularly drop to -20 in the winter and I don't have central heating in the house. These pyjamas have kept me snug, warm and comfy to the point where I've been reluctant to get out of them in the mornings ! They are a fantastic fit, incredibly soft to the touch and remarkably warm. I've been washing them on a low heat and not drying in the tumble dryer and so far they are keeping their thickness and warmth. I'm now heading for a second pair.

Global Labels Peanuts G 94 400 PEA2 120 Borderless Beach Towel Velour 75 x 150 cm with 'Happiness' Motif

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice towel for the beach, 8 April 2015
Nice towel, good size. A little rougher / stiffer than I would have expected from a bath towel but I guess this is to be expected as it's a beach towel. Love the picture.

Rainbow Cauliflower Seeds - Tasty and Unusual
Rainbow Cauliflower Seeds - Tasty and Unusual
Offered by Impatiens

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome seeds - would thoroughly recommend, 8 April 2015
These seeds are awesome. Ordinarily I'm a fairly useless gardener. So, I popped the entire packet of seeds into one small tray and covered them loosely with soil, watering the tray every day. Within a week they had started to grow - dozens of them. Ok I thought, I'm bound to lose a lot when I try to pot them out, me not being the gentlest of people and the seedlings having grown close together because they were sown into such a small tray. Wrong again - every one has survived being potted on and I now have over 70 cauliflower sturdy little seedlings. My task now is to convince friends that they want to turn part of their back gardens into cauliflower patches. I'm looking forward to seeing how many of them turn into interesting colours. I would thoroughly recommend these seeds and will be purchasing more for myself and family / friends next year.

Panasonic SD-ZB2502BXC Stainless Steel Bread Maker
Panasonic SD-ZB2502BXC Stainless Steel Bread Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product - makes perfect loaves every time, 8 April 2015
This is my second Panasonic bread maker. The first I used every day for about three years before it stopped working. The bread it makes is amazing - many times better than bought loaves. The recipe book that comes with this bread maker has both sweet and savoury breads. I've made about 6 different varieties so far with pizza bread - containing olives and pepperoni - being my sons favourite. The reduced price made this purchase a no brainer. I haven't tried the jam making option yet as my last bread maker did not have this but I shall be trying it out soon.
If you want a reliable, easy to clean, easy to use machine that will provide you with a perfect loaf every time then this is the machine you need to buy.

A Father's Betrayal
A Father's Betrayal
by Gabriella Gillespie

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping though at times distressing read, 8 April 2015
This review is from: A Father's Betrayal (Paperback)
This was one of those books that I took with me every where I went until I had finished it as I couldn't put it down. I don't think there are words to describe the horrendous ordeal the author was exposed to - and it's both sickening and frightening to realise that this happened in our life time and is probably still happening to other children and women now. I would have liked one further chapter telling us how she is now - how her children adapted to their changed life and whether she ever found out the truth of what happened to her mother. I'm hoping there is going to be a sequel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4