Profile for Premkumar Jeyapaul > Reviews

Content by Premkumar Jeyapaul

Premkumar Jeyapaul (London, England)

EMARTBUY GENUINE SONY ERICSSON BST-41 BATTERY BULK PACK SUITABLE FOR SONY ERI...
Offered by VALLOOOOOO

1.0 out of 5 stars No use, 14 Feb. 2013
The battery didn't work, steer clear of this, , I tried to recharge it several times no success, will be returning it

Whiskey For The Holy Ghost
Whiskey For The Holy Ghost

5.0 out of 5 stars spiritual evocations, 24 Mar. 2001
I remember buying this album shortly after buying his'Winding Sheet' during the height of the grunge evolution from a small store in the backstreets of Soho. I guess setting the scene is important in reliving the memories. It captivated me from the beginning. His voice had always been a favourite since the days with 'screaming trees', but only on the solo albums do we hear the pure unadulterated haunting and tortured undertones. Exemplified in songs such as 'Riding the Nightingale' and 'Kingdoms of Rain'; he incorporates biblical themes and intervenes them in a spiritual landscape, where the shores of hope are dashed by the waves of inimical pain and unrequited love. When he sings 'I'm going to cry' no-one meant it more. I've read him stating that this album was created in the midst of his battle with heroin and it's clearly evident in both its dark and psychedellic themes. Most of the music is choreographed by Mike Johnson with Mike Agnello adding to the the folk apects of this album with his violin musings. I cannot get away from this album, the songs are timeless and sear into every chamber of my heart, if there was an album that changed my life this would be it.