Profile for Barry Sullivan > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Magic Bullet Printhead unblocker
Magic Bullet Printhead unblocker

4.0 out of 5 stars Magic Bullet Printhead Unblocker, 15 July 2013
I have an Epson RX 685 printer and for the first time in its life I recently experienced partial blockage on one of the print nozzles. It would not completely clear with the built in print head cleaning function even after multiple tries so I researched online for guidance and came up with Magic Bullet as specially formulated for Epson printers and seemingly quite well recommended. I also looked at videos of the cleaning process on Facebook and YouTube which I found to be very informative and important to see before using Magic Bullet because the product does not come with enough instructions. My order was processed very rapidly and the product dispatched the same day. Thanks to the videos I had no real difficulty in carrying out the cleaning but I was quite surprised when the first clean of the one blocked nozzle cleared that one but left others blocked which had been clear before I started. I repeated the cleaning process a second time but in this case I cleaned all the six nozzles but the result was still not satisfactory. Then I ran the Epson built in cleaner just once and hey presto all nozzles were perfect again. Maybe the final built in clean reloaded the print head after use of Magic Bullet. Job done and the product obviously works. By the way my research online informed me that multiple use of the built in cleaning function is definitely not recommended as excessive squirting of ink through the nozzles [which is how the cleaning works] can make the problem worse because the ink can spread across the back of the print head leading to more potential blockages. It also wastes a lot of ink. Based on this one use of Magic Bullet and the experience I have gained I am happy to recommend it.

3M Peltor Optime III Ear Defenders
3M Peltor Optime III Ear Defenders

5.0 out of 5 stars 3M Peltor Optime lll Ear Defenders, 15 July 2013
These ear defenders were delivered very promptly and look to be of good quality. The headband is readily adjustable and they are as comfortable to wear as can be expected when the ears are enclosed without any ventilation. I have used them with a hedge cutter rated at 103db which is noisy enough to cause hearing damage if exposure is not very limited.The ear defenders did all I expected of them in noise reduction and I am very satisfied with the product. Your hearing is so important that it would be stupid to compromise on the quality of the ear defenders used and I am sure I did the right thing in buying this product.

Digital Additions® 62mm Quality Snap-On Front Lens Hood Cap Cover (Fits: Fuji, Panasonic Lumix FZ28GK, Panasonic Lumix LX3GK, Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1. Canon LC-62, Canon LC62, Canon E-62U, Sigma, Tamron, Sony DSLR, Sony SLR 62, Nikon DSLR, Nikon SLR 62, Canon, Pentax, Olympus, Sony, Nikon D90, Nikon D700, Nikon D300)
Offered by mannyu

5.0 out of 5 stars Lens Cap for Sony Alpha 350 Camera, 22 Feb 2013
Product delivered promptly and in good order. A perfectly satisfactory lens cap at much less cost than a genuine Sony cap. I cannot understand why the Sony item should be so expensive.

Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner (6400dpi, 3.4 Opt Density, USB 2.0) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner, 29 Nov 2012
Seems to be a very well engineered piece of equipment which I purchased to convert a large collection of colour negatives to digital images and it produces excellent results. I have previously bought cheaper negative scanners with mixed results such as poor resolution of the images or good images but operational problems due to the software supplied [Photo Impressions 6].This Epson scanner is easy to use and can be loaded with up to 12X35mm negatives at a time which speeds up operations. I tried the range of scanning resolutions and found 3200dpi to give excellent resolution for normal size prints with an acceptable scan time of about 1½ minutes per negative. When scanning a block of 12 you can leave it get on with things while you do something else. The V500 is a versatile multipurpose scanner and in addition to negatives can be used with photos,slides and paper documents. This is not a cheap scanner but as usual you get what you pay for and I have no hesitation in recommending it. You will not be disappointed. I only wish I had been given this advice before I wasted money on cheaper purchases. The money I wasted would paid most of the cost of the V500!!!

APC BE700G-UK 405 Watts /700 VA,Input 230V /Output 230V, Interface Port USB Power-Saving Back-UPS

5.0 out of 5 stars APC BACKUP ES8, 8 Oct 2012
This appears to be a well made device which arrived well packed and in very good time. As noted by other purchasers, connection of the battery is somewhat awkward mainly due to the very rigid heavy duty cable which does not bend easily and has to be fitted in a very tight space avoiding the replaceable cover. Once this has been done it is then a question of thoroughly reading the limited instructions supplied before connecting it to the computer and ancillary devices. Pay particular attention to the varied use of different socket outlets on the box. I found the sockets controlled from the master socket to be a very useful feature. Things then proceed easily and it is soon in operation and in my case worked perfectly from the start. I did an early power cut test and the change to battery operation was imperceptible. The device tells me I have about 12 minutes battery power on full charge and this would be adequate for a shut down in the event of a real power cut. Don't forget to study the configurations which come with the installed software. I am very well satisfied with this purchase which does very well what it claims.

4 FULL SET 801-806 Series FOR EPSON R285 - 24 Epson COMPATIBLE INK CARTRIDGES ALSO COMPATIBLE WITH EPSON R265, R285, R360 , RX560, RX585, RX685, P50, PX650, PX660, PX700W, PX710W, PX720WD, PX730WD PX800FW, PX810FW, PX820FWD PRINTERS - Double Capacity Latest Chip - PACK CONTAINS (T 801 / Black X4, T 802 / Cyan X4, T 803 / Magenta X4, T 804 / Yellow X4, T 805 / Light Cyan X4, T 806 / Light Magenta X4) - 100% GUARANTEED TO WORK IN EXACTLY THE SAME WAY AS THE ORIGINALS ***BY TriINKs***
Offered by Triangle MMA

5.0 out of 5 stars Ink Cartridges for Epson Photo RX685, 18 Mar 2012
This is a further review following my preliminary comments earlier this month. I have now put into use several individual cartridges from the order. They all installed without any complaints from the printer !! The printing quality seems excellent and as good as the original Epson cartridges. All the cartridges are individually vacuum packed in clear film so that the identity can be seen clearly. The quality of the product combined with the speedy delivery service means that I have no hesitation in recommending this suplier.

TuneUp Utilities 2012, 3 User License (PC)
TuneUp Utilities 2012, 3 User License (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars TuneUp Utilities 2012, 16 Feb 2012
This is a very comprehensive package which is easy to use but full of features to be explored. The various scans and optimisations come up with many suggestions for improvements but always give you the option on whether to accept and action the proposals. I am very pleased with the application and have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone interested in getting the best out of their system. Once installed you will want to come back to it on a regular basis to continually review the state of your system.

x2 Full Sets of 6 Compatible Ink Cartridges For Epson Stylus Photo P50, PX700W, PX710W, PX720WD, PX730WD, PX800W, PX810W, PX820FWD, PX650, R265, R285, RX560, RX585, R360, RX685, Printer Ink Cartridges Double Capacity Latest Chip
Offered by First Call Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars First Call Inks for Epson Rx685 Printer, 30 Jan 2012
These compatible inks produce excellent prints in no way inferior to those from the genuine Epson inks and they appear to last just as long and they give rise to no operating problems. It is impossible of course to judge their archive quality since only time will tell. However at a small fraction of the cost of the genuine products it is difficult to resist them. The cartridges were delivered well-packed and individually wrapped in transparent film so that the identity of the contents was clear and they only needed to be opened one cartridge at a time. I shall be more than happy to repurchase when the time comes for further supplies.Unreservedly recommended.

WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black
WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Desktop Hard Drive, 10 May 2011
I now have 3 Western Digital 1TB external hard drives and I can recommend them as very functional and reliable.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 (PC/Mac)
Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 (PC/Mac)
Offered by Esale Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop Elements 9, 11 Feb 2011
Previously I used Photoshop 7 and I find the latest edition of Elements to be very versatile although I have yet to investigate the 'Organise' facility. I would not have changed to Elements previously because it lacked the very valuable masks in layers. Elements 9 has a few additional features to Photoshop 7 but I find its very dark appearance a slightly negative feature compared with what I had previously. I have no significant regrets about the change and can certainly recommend Elements 9 as a very comprehensive and versatile editing application. Be warned though if you are new to photoediting that there is a big learning curve with such a wide-ranging application.Recently I have just moved into imaging and editing in Raw and I find it to be quite easy to learn and quite impressive in results.

Page: 1 | 2