Profile for L. Vigour > Reviews

Content by L. Vigour

L. Vigour (United Kingdom)

Israel (Globetrotter Travel Pack)
Israel (Globetrotter Travel Pack)
by Sue Bryant

1.0 out of 5 stars We Are STILL Lost..., 3 Jan. 2009
This book is O.K. as a very, very cursory, Wikipedia-esque guide to Israel, but using it as more than that is impossible. Bryant appears to have a preoccupation with graffiti and wastes no time pointing out every vandalised wall in the whole of Israel. After a painstakingly confusing day in Jerusalem, my boyfriend and I are still not entirely sure where we are, or where we went, or how we got there. The map accompanying the book is dreadful, we found the Hebrew road signs much more helpful.

Disco Pigs [VHS] [2001]
Disco Pigs [VHS] [2001]
VHS
Offered by robertsmike2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Disco Pigs, 4 April 2005
This review is from: Disco Pigs [VHS] [2001] (VHS Tape)
This film shatters any hope you have of "entertaining family viewing time" - it is breath takingly real and gobsmackingly shocking. It grabs you by the throat and forces you to rip open the brains of the two main characters Pig and Runt and, yet, even when you've travelled so deeply into their minds you STILL dont understand what theyre thinking.
An absolutely fascinating film that HAS to be watched - it shows a side of humankind that scares, fascinates and disturbs. There could be no better acting from the two main characters.
I sincerely reccommend it with every ounce of my being.