Profile for RoboSan > Reviews

Content by RoboSan

RoboSan (Dorset. UK)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for preventing house-key rattles in the car!, 29 Oct. 2014
The quality, appearance and finish of this great. It's better in the flesh than in the photo, and it looks smart enough to be a genuine Volvo product.
I actually bought it to keep my house keys in while attached to my V60's car key (which is a different shape that the keys intended for this item), rather than to contain the key itself. This is because Volvo put the ignition slot high up on the dashboard, any other keys you have tend to rattle while the car is moving and can scratch the dashboard and dent the trim.This keeps them contained and prevents any scratches and rattles and actually makes them more comfortable to carry in my pocket.

If you intend to use it in the same way as me, it might be useful to know that it's long enough to contain one standard mortice-type key and still popper shut at the bottom. It has enough capacity to take several shorter keys in addition to this (the Yale type or similar)

Case Logic FSI-1095 SnapView Folio for iPad Air, Anthracite
Case Logic FSI-1095 SnapView Folio for iPad Air, Anthracite

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, practical and well made., 1 Dec. 2013
I wanted a case that wouldn't add too much bulk to my beautifully svelt iPad Air - and this one didn't disappoint. The back part is fairly thin, but very tough and it clips very securely to the iPad. The cover is also very durable with a stylish woven finish. The various stand/prop options all work well. The only thing stopping this from getting 5 stars is the lack of the magnetic sleep/wake function, though it's only a minor inconvenience as the lock button is easily accessible.

Bob Harper Kettle Bell: Sculpted Body
Bob Harper Kettle Bell: Sculpted Body
Dvd ~ Bob Harper
Offered by Watch It Now UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Notes from a Kettlebell beginner..., 2 Feb. 2013
I've just started using Kettlebells and was looking for a DVD to motivate me rather than just trying to learn from a book. This Bob Harper workout is definitely a good place to start.
I'll admit that to begin with I found it quite tough (I work out but had let my cardio fitness lax a bit too much me thinks) and on the first couple of run throughs I paused it for a minute or so if I needed time out. That was only last week and now I can go all the way through without stopping - which is testament to how much I've improved in just a few sessions. My legs, back and stomach are noticeably stronger already and I've been made aware of muscles I hadn't even noticed before.
It's worth noting that this isn't a kettlebell instruction DVD and you won't find lots of complicated moves - just the core basics integrated in to an engaging routine, which is all you need to begin with. Bob explains the moves clearly enough, but not exhaustively so its really up to you to feel whether you're doing it right. It's good that 'Stephanie' (you'll hear that name a lot) doesn't always do it exactly right because as Bob corrects her you can identify where you may be going wrong.

Bob is entertaining and motivating throughout, and even on repeated watching is not proving to be annoying - always a bonus!

A quick note about Kettlebell weights...I did a lot of research as to which weight to start with. Generally I found the 12kg was about the minimum recommended for a man, however while I can lift and use a 12kg perfectly well I felt it was too heavy (for me now) for this routine. I bought an 8kg - which is about right...I'll swap to the 12 (or heavier) when I'm 100% comfortable with my form for each of the moves. Bob uses a 20lb (9Kg) weight Stephanie a 15lb (7kg ish) throughout.

I recommend getting a kettlebell book too - so you can read about good form and be inspired by the more advanced moves.

Good stuff!

Update! 12th March 2013
I moved up to the 12kg Kettlebell about a week after writing the above review (though I still use the 8) and will be shortly purchasing a 16kg one to add to the mix. My strength, endurance, balance, muscle tone and flexibility have all improved massively by doing this workout on average 2-3 times a week.
I've also lost some of the stubborn belly fat that has been hiding my abs - which as many of you will know can be very hard to do. I'm expecting to look like a xylophone by summer...
I still don't find the DVD annoying even after watching it so many times and on the bits where Bob is introducing the moves I simply start doing the exercises rather than following the 'tuition' steps - so I squeeze some extra sets in to the routine.
To reiterate what I said above, I'm really glad I started with the lighter Kettlebell as I'm sure I'd have given up or injured myself by now had I attempted to follow the DVD with anything heavier. I would definitely advise against trying to run before you can walk!

On the strength of this DVD I will be definitely be purchasing the other Bob Harper kettlebell workout available.

Update! 1st August 2013
Still swinging those bells...and still using this DVD. I've added the Bob Harper Cardio Shred edition to the collection..which is a slightly more entertaining workout with more aerobic content rather than isolated strength exercises.
There are also some good (in my opinion) instruction videos available on Youtube which I also add to the mix, partly for variety but also because it seems that no one instructor does everything 100% correctly...and there is ALWAYS someone criticising one aspect of the routine or another, no matter how professional the instructor appears to be.
In terms of my progress I now almost exclusively use an 18kg kettlebell and have just begun to experimenting with using two at once - it's quite tough! The 8kg bell I started on now seems ridiculously light and I can't believe that I struggled with it at the beginning. I resort to the 12kg when I'm getting tired. or if I want to do really fast reps of certain moves.
My hot tips for kettlebell success...start light, don't rush it, keep at it, listen to you body...and have fun.

Good luck!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2013 11:58 PM GMT

Edimax EW-7711UMN 150Mbps Wireless 802.11n nLite USB Adapter
Edimax EW-7711UMN 150Mbps Wireless 802.11n nLite USB Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Low cost, top performance alternative for Humax PVR, 8 Sept. 2012
Buy this instead of the £30 Humax official accessory. Just plug and play! Make sure you plug it in with the PVR switched on or I found it didn't recognise it, then you're up and running in seconds.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the ones you want!, 26 Feb. 2012
I made the mistake of buying an expensive rectangular screen protector (ie one that just covers the display area) for my Vita - don't do the same! First problem is that it completely ruins the aesthetic of the Vita's seamless glassy front, and even after a day bits of dust and dirt started clinging at the edges of the film.
I found these screen protectors very easy to attach and align correctly and got a completely dust and bubble free result. You still have to be scrupulously clean and in very good lighting to avoid trapping any dust particles- best to apply them in a low(er) dust room like a bathroom or kitchen where you usually have less fabric/carpet etc. or even outdoors. I even found that peeling it back off to fine tune the fit was easy. Dont be put off by the complicated looking outline as it hardly notices when attached and actually helps with positioning.
Most important of all are the rear touch pad protectors included as that's far more likely to get scratchd in daily use than the front. Again, the protector is invisible when attached. I'm now completely confident that my beautiful Vita will stay beautiful. Sony did a great job with the design and I'd hate to compromise it in any way.
These are worth every penny if you were only getting one set, but you get three! Amazing. Nuff said. I'll shut up now...

Pink Friday [Super Bass Edition]
Pink Friday [Super Bass Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't stop playing Miss Minaj, 12 Nov. 2011
I've never been in to rap really, but Nicki Minaj has changed my view. She expertly keeps all three pop/rap/ballad 'balls' (for want of a better metaphor) in the air on this album. It's funny/funky/moving/uplifting and constantly entertaining. I love her voice - she's a great singer as well as a great rapper (you don't always get both) and is able to convey emotion and character vocally which makes me think she could probably act well too. Even if you're not in to rap I recommend giving this a few listens- it won't take long before it takes hold! I'm already looking forward to the next album...

Philips DS3020/05 Portable Docking Speaker for iPod/iPhone - White
Philips DS3020/05 Portable Docking Speaker for iPod/iPhone - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little gadget, 12 Nov. 2011
Despite the other good reviews here, I wasn't prepared for the quality and depth of sound coming from such a small enclosure - Philips must have cooked up some clever electronic 'witchcraft' to squeeze the sound into this thing! We use it as a clock radio in the bedroom and it gets taken in to the bathroom to listen while in the shower. As you can run it off AA batteries it's also ideal for taking in to the garden / summerhouse or for camping etc. (and the batteries last a long time too) It's also well made and looks great - highly recommended!

Vikuiti MySunshadeDisplay Screen Protector ADQC27 from 3M for Sony Alpha NEX-5 (Crystal-clear and anti-reflective, Hard-coated, Dirt-repellent, Very simple assembly)
Offered by protectionfilms24-com

5.0 out of 5 stars At last! The perfect solution., 24 May 2011
At last a screen protector that lives up to the promises on the packet! I've bought official Sony versions and third party ones before and have been disappointed by the fit (or lack thereof) and the difficulty of application. This Vikuiti screen protector is a perfect fit for the NEX-5 and is reassuringly thick and resilient. I found it very easy to accurately apply without any bubbles or wrinkles, and it no way impairs the camera's aesthetics or function. I will be buying this brand from now on!

Nespresso CitiZ and Milk by Krups XN730540 Coffee Machine - Fire Engine Red
Nespresso CitiZ and Milk by Krups XN730540 Coffee Machine - Fire Engine Red
Offered by Lakeland

5.0 out of 5 stars Créme de la Créma!, 14 April 2011
A triumph of form and function! This machine (and it's Magimix branded counterpart) is consistently reviewed as being the best of the bunch. It is Which? magazine's highest scoring capsule machine and was the award winner in one of the weekend broadsheet's coffee machine tests. I have read somewhere that this Krups version has a very slight edge in build quality over the Magimix one - but I can't comment any further except to say that this one is extremely well made. It's a joy to use; simple, fast, clean and consistent - everything I have never experienced when making coffee before. Having the milk silently heating and frothing itself in the background while the coffee is pouring into the cup is a joy. No switching of modes or waiting for the machine to reach temperature to make a cappuccino - and there's just no mess! If you put any value on your own time then the Nespresso system is not an expensive way to enjoy coffee, and this is the perfect machine for the job. Don't hesitate!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best small RC helicopter available, 7 Feb. 2011
I read on several websites how good this helicopter was and I was not disappointed! It is very easy to fly (compare with others I've tried) and is built to a higher standard than anything else I've seen. Topped off with great service from Digiflex - tremendous value and fast delivery. Very very happy.

Page: 1 | 2