Profile for David-Alexander Robinson > Reviews

Platypus Hoser 2 Litre Hydration System
Offered by Daleswear Outdoors
Price: 21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Hiking/ Camping etc/, 12 May 2014
I bought two of these, one for each of me and my girlfriend, for our trip all around South America.

They served us very well. We used them almost every day, weather hiking and camping, or just walking around site-seeing.

I highly recommend a Platypus for any trip.

Gelert X-Treme Lite 1200 Sleeping Bag - Green/Silver Grey, Right Zip
Gelert X-Treme Lite 1200 Sleeping Bag - Green/Silver Grey, Right Zip

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept Her Warm All Over South-America, 12 May 2014
I bought this for my girlfriend before our trip to South America from March to September.

We were camping as far south as Patagonia, in Torres del Pine for example, and also used it as high as the Salar in Bolivia and it kept her warm all the way.

It is very comfortable too.

Moreover, it is very light, and rolls up very small, which is important when you have to carry it around on your back for six months!

All in all, a brilliant sleeping-bag which I would highly recommend.

ABRSM Theory of Music Exams - Grade 5 - 2007
ABRSM Theory of Music Exams - Grade 5 - 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to Prepare for my Exam!, 12 May 2014
Exactly as it says, answers for the past exam. It's a great way to study by going through the past exams before an exam. I am self thought, so I do not have a teacher etc. to give me things to work on. The past exams are perfect practice.

I got a Distinction, so it's a good well done!

I would highly recommend!

ABRSM Theory of Music Exams - Grade 5 - 2007 Model Answers
ABRSM Theory of Music Exams - Grade 5 - 2007 Model Answers

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to Prepare for my Exam!, 12 May 2014
Exactly as it says, answers for the past exam. It's a great way to study by going through the past exams before an exam. I am self thought, so I do not have a teacher etc. to correct my work for me.

I got a Distinction, so it's a good well done!

I would highly recommend!

Clubman Moustache / Beard Wax Brown (14 Grams)
Clubman Moustache / Beard Wax Brown (14 Grams)
Offered by Lightning Speed USA
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Shoe Polish For Your Face!, 12 May 2014
I accidently put too much on the first time that I used it, since I did not konw how much is correct. I looked like a Mexican revolutionary!

It really does what it says on the tin!

I put two tiny drops of it, enough to cover two of the brush bristle groups, and it gives a nice darkening colour, and stiffness to hold all day. Suddenly I have huge curls!

I thought it was a little expensive at first, as it is a tiny bottle, but considering how little you need for a day, it will last me months!

I highly recommend!!

White Pocket Square
White Pocket Square
Price: 6.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Just fine., 12 May 2014
This review is from: White Pocket Square (Apparel)
I agree with a previous comment about the edge not being perfect. Although, considering that it will be folded in my pocket, this should not pose a problem.

The material feels a little synthetic to me, but again, nobody will be touching it.

It folds well, and holds its shape.

It is a nice bright white.

It is a standard size, perfect for folding into many different shapes.

All in all, given the very low price, it is good.

100% Silk Ivory Cream Scarf
100% Silk Ivory Cream Scarf
Price: 15.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Thin, 12 May 2014
It is a cream-white silk scarf with tassels at the ends.

It certainly looks nice, however I am woried that it is very thin, so I think it may fall to pieces very quickly. I have not yet worn it out yet, so I cannot say either way with certainty.

The material is fine, though not of high quality.

It is a good length.

Considering there are cheaper white silk scarfs on this website, I was expecting this one to be good quality, though I suppose, in the grad scheme of things, it was still not expensive.

Marcella Dress Self-Tie Bow Tie White
Marcella Dress Self-Tie Bow Tie White
Price: 12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Just fine, 12 May 2014
It is not hard to tie up, despite some other comments. In fact I think that the cotton material is quite stiff, so it is easier than another silk bow-tie that I have.

The material feels nice, though of course it is not silk.

There are no number markings on the adjust clip, but with a bit of trial and error you can find a suitable length.

All in all, for such a low price, very good.