ARRAY(0x9af1c4f8)

Profile for Jennifers Daddy > Reviews

Content by Jennifers Daddy

Jennifers Daddy "Reviewing stuff i've bought" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
400ml Frosted Glass
400ml Frosted Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic. They key is patience!, 17 April 2014
This review is from: 400ml Frosted Glass (DIY & Tools)
Initially I thought it was junk as I kept spraying a layer every minute or so and no frosting was appearing, it was like water. I got in a right mood and threw the can into the garage and walked off in a huff! Then once I'd actually let it dry it was very frosty.

The key is do thin layers (doesn't matter if there are some thick/shiny spots - it drys very equally). Leave it to dry for several minutes then do another layer. I do four layers for security glass. It is brilliant.

Patience my dear friends, patience!

AmazonBasics USB Cable 2.0 A-Male to B-Micro 6 Feet / 1.8 m
AmazonBasics USB Cable 2.0 A-Male to B-Micro 6 Feet / 1.8 m

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 April 2014
A few more pence makes a lot more sense.

Cheap wires suck and fail quickly. You end up having to balance your phone at strange angles so they charge.

With this 6 foot long cable, all your phone balancing antics will be consigned the the past.

Don't skimp, these are only a little more but the performance is superior.

Baby / Toddler Safety Backpack Walking Harness with Reins Blue
Baby / Toddler Safety Backpack Walking Harness with Reins Blue
Offered by Zippytots

5.0 out of 5 stars Very strudy for a good price, 3 April 2014
My #2 child, "boy", who is 14 months, is a bit like having a medium size dog on a lead. He pulls so hard that I worry that the lead or bag will snap! Thankfully this backpack with lead is very sturdy. The stitching looks very strong and the connector between the lead and bag is chunky metal. Very reassuring.

The colours are nice and discreet and the bear picture is cute, if you like that sort of thing. Personally I have a fear of bears so can never actually look at the backpack. My partner puts it on and off, I just get towed along by boy. Where he goes, I go.

Overall, a great value, well made backpack.

Epson Genuine T1291 Black Ink Cartridge - Epson T1291 black ink cartridge (Apple)
Offered by Global Ape

2.0 out of 5 stars Geniune and does the job, but the price..., 3 April 2014
My Epson WF5250 doesn't print very good quality (not very black and not very clear) compared to my cheap old Kodak. It is a new printer so I thought I'd stick with genuine ink for a bit. For the price, and quality I think I'll be moving to fakes or refills, the price difference is an order of magnitude.

WD TV Play Media Player
WD TV Play Media Player
Offered by George and Freddie

3.0 out of 5 stars Very slow and riddled with bugs, 2 April 2014
This is ok for Netflix and iPlayer. It is very slow todo anything such as searching, it reacts to button presses very slowly.

A lot of the apps are useless. I have got rid of virtually all of them except youtube, iplayer, tunein radio and Netflix.

Overall, it's pretty good value. Worth getting only if you cant afford Apple TV. Personally I would wait and see what the "Google Chromecast" dongle is like.

Anker® 4400mAh Extended Battery with Dark Blue Cover for Samsung Galaxy S3 S III, GT-I9300, fits EB-L1G6LLU, with NFC/Google Wallet Compatibility [18-Month Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - shame about the worst phone in the world, 2 April 2014
My Samsung Galaxy S3 is the worst phone I've ever had by miles. Slow and riddled with bugs, I hate it, yet I'm stuck in contract until June 2014.

Thankfully, the standard battery isn't too bad, yet using an app like Strava for a while really depletes it.

This bigger battery by Anker is great. I don't even need to charge my phone daily anymore. I still hate the phone and want to smash it at every opportunity, but having a big battery is one less thing I need to worry about.

It makes the phone thicker so my case would no longer fit, but I actually prefer the feel of the phone. Chunky is good.

Snuggle Beds New Legend Ortho 2000 5' King Size Mattress
Snuggle Beds New Legend Ortho 2000 5' King Size Mattress
Offered by Mattressman

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior mattress at a good price, 2 April 2014
About a year ago we purchased a mattress from one of the "big name" bed companies that was supposedly 50% off. To cut a long story short, after a month there were two massive dips (despite weekly rotate/turns) and within 6 months it was a knackered as the decade old mattress it replaced. After this experience I read a lot into matrresses and discovered a lot of the big names are owned by the same company and have reduced quality but increased marketing.

To cut a long story short, my research led me to this mattress. It isn't cheap, but not too expensive. Considering we spend so much time sleeping it's worth getting something decent.

This is firm and very comfy. I am over 100Kg, so not slim, yet this supports me all the way to the edge. I do not roll towards my partner either.

I knew it was going to be good when the delivery man came, he could hardly move it even with jis assistant. It weighs 45Kg! Bear this in mind when it is being delivered because they will NOT take it up stairs or in to the house, you need to do it. Also ensure it isn't damaged before signing.

If you need a veyr firm mattress and/or you're of larger b uild then this must be on your shortlist.

Made in the UK!

E-PRANCE New G1W Novatek 2.7" Car Dashcamera Driving Recorder + 1920*1080P 30FPS + G-sensor + Car License plate + MOV + 140 degree wide angle lens + Night Vision + H.264
Offered by EPRANCE

5.0 out of 5 stars The best at this price point, 1 April 2014
I've been an avid user of dashcams and helmet cams for a while, there are just too many nutters on the roads! This camera is getting cheaper and cheaper yet gets very good reviews.

The quality is very good during the day but at night it isn't so good. Number plates are clearly visible during the day, on previous dashcams they were a bit blurred. The night-light is a small LED for night mode seems to be fairly pointless and night footage has a little wavy action, but that is common in cheap digital cameras.

The instructions are short and to the point and written in hilarious Chinglish.

I used a Samsung 32GB Class 6 24MB/s Micro SDHC Standard Memory Card without Adapter card without problems. The videos are on a loop so you don't need to worry about deleting files off the card. The G-sensor can be set to low, medium or high sensitivity. When it detects high G, it will write-protect the file so it cannot be overwritten.

Note there is NO GPS on this unit.

The only slight negative is that it isn't all black, so you can quite easily see the silver lens bezel through the windscreen.

Overall, a great dashcam at a very good price.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2014 10:36 PM BST

ANTI SNORE/SNORING STOPPER MOUTH GUARD CUSTOM FIT * CLINICALLY PROVEN TO ELIMINATE THE PROBLEM OF SNORING *
Offered by Aldridge Home Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars If your nose is open it might work, 27 Mar 2014
This is very cheap so worth a go.

Basically you place it in very hot water, then put it in your mouth to mould it into shape. Cool it to "set". There is a small rectangular hole in the front for a little spade so you dont scold yourself when moulding it.

It feel sok in the mouth, although I found myself salivating quite a lot.

I'm allergic to dust so usually have one nostrill closed, as a result I'm a mouth breather. This is bad when using tghis because I was only breathing through the tiny hole for the little spade!

My partner said it does work, but I suspect is basically stopped the sound coming out my mouth!

If your nostrills are open it's worth a try. Not for mouth breathers.

Hauck Beta Grow with You Wooden Highchair (Natural)
Hauck Beta Grow with You Wooden Highchair (Natural)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very strudy and flexible, 27 Mar 2014
This is very strong, able to hold up to 90Kg. It comes with two different "trays" to cater for very young babies all the way up to small adults.

It is mildly tricky to build until you realise that the instructiosn tell you to build it for one tray, but then you need to slightly dismantle to fit a different tray.

Overall if you need a strong, long lasting chair that can take a range of people then this is the one.

Note that it doesnt come with a harness to hold young explorers down, so you might need to buy a seperate harness. they're cheap so no big deal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20