Profile for Joanna Gwynne > Reviews

Content by Joanna Gwynne

Joanna Gwynne "JCPG" (Midlands, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fire HD 6, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers
Fire HD 6, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but perfectly formed!!, 12 Dec 2014
I have this tablet in white. I sold my previous Kindle Fire to purchase an iPad, which I love, however reading and watching Prime Video is much better on the Kindle. I bought this at the bargain price of £79 and love it. The App Store is nowhere near as good as the Apple one but I am able to buy books with a much better interface to the Amazon store. Video works much better on it than the iPad and my books sync and open much more quickly. I definately won't be selling this Kindle!!

Diablo Toasted Snack Maker
Diablo Toasted Snack Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars love this item!!, 3 Oct 2014
Having had, and broken, at least 3 cheap, electric sandwich toasters over the last 20 years I decided to give this one a try. We have an Aga and it seemed to make sense to use the heat already there! I toast the sandwiches on the boiling plate and they have all been a success. Excellent item

The Messenger of Athens (Mysteries of Greek Detective Book 1)
The Messenger of Athens (Mysteries of Greek Detective Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars unexpected, 7 Aug 2014
I enjoyed this very much. Very descriptive and quite slow moving, yet still enjoyable. Will be reading more in the future

Eti Turbodryer 3500 Purple
Eti Turbodryer 3500 Purple
Offered by Amazing Hair & Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Eti Turbodryer 3500 Purple (Misc.)
Fabulous hairdryer. A real blaster. Perfect for my mid length curly hair and my daughters very long straight hair. Highly recommend. Well worth the extra money!! Dries really quickly and I haven't found it too heavy to hold

How to Start a Sewing Business: (Start Up Tips to Boost Your Sewing Business Success)

2.0 out of 5 stars some interesting points, 3 April 2014
A book mainly for the US market, although there are some interesting points. Most of it is common sense or things you would know anyway

Good Ideas Portable Mini Twin Tub Washing Machine 3.5kg Cap with Spin Dryer 2kg Cap (889) Ideal for small loads, flats, caravans

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Mar 2014
As long as you have realistic expectations, I don't know how you could fail to give this machine 5 stars!!

I have bought this for our static caravan as the trek to the laundrette along with the cost is a real pain. I set this up in the kitchen at home to test it and was very impressed with the cleaning. I have done a number of washes - items that just needed freshening up, a pair of really dirty oven gloves, towels, delicate items - all of which were washed beautifully. I was particularly impressed with how clean the oven gloves were. I did wash them on their own just to give them room to really clean.

I reused the washing water on a few occasions, but used fresh water every time to rinse. The spinner does a really good job of removing excess water. I think larger items wouldn't fit in the spinner however if they are at least washed it isn't the hardest job in the world to ring the occasional item out by hand!! I was worried about bath sheets however I will wash them one at a time reusing the water as they will easily fit in the machine.

Reviewers have mentioned the pipes and I did find that the one from the tap to the machine kept popping off if I turned the tap on fully! I may well investigate some other pipe options but I overcame this by either holding the pipe onto the tap, or supplementing the water in the machine with some from a bucket.

My boys were fascinated with the machine and enjoyed the novelty of it. I am looking forward to washing at my own convenience rather than queueing for a machine on the site, especially in July/August, and getting annoyed at the selfish people who use a machine and then don't return to remove their washing for hours. RRRggggg!!

The Wolves of Midwinter (The Wolf Gift Chronicles)
The Wolves of Midwinter (The Wolf Gift Chronicles)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Dec 2013
a fantastic Anne Rice read. have read all her novels and these new werewolf stories do not disappoint. highly recommended

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" Standing Polyurethane Origami CaseMineral Black  [will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7" (3rd Generation)]
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" Standing Polyurethane Origami CaseMineral Black [will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7" (3rd Generation)]

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 19 Nov 2013
I tried 3 different cases before I finally gave in and ordered this one. It's expensive but it's absolutely perfect. Fits like a dream, the buttons are protected but still completely accessible, you can stand the unit up but the cover also folds back neatly when you are reading! It feels like a quality product. I love it and wish I had just got this one in the first place. Love, love, love my Kindle and the cover is the perfect accessory!

Kenwood FP736 Multi Pro Food Processor
Kenwood FP736 Multi Pro Food Processor
Offered by Ukdapper

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, 9 Sep 2013
I firstly I must say I bought this product at the reduced price of £53.47 as an Amazon Warehouse Deal - I believe these are items that are returns. They are checked and repackaged and resold.

I have had a Magamix 4100 until now which has been wonderful, however I was in the position where I needed to replace the jug and lid for a third time at a cost of £60ish a time. I have complained about the quality of the jug and lid to Magimix but they clearly have no intention of improving the quality as they make money on the constant replacement necessary.

I decided to buy a new food processor and chose this one as I could get the whole thing for less than the new jug and lid, and it came with a similar number of attachments as the Magimix. So far I have used it for all the things I would use the Magamix for - cake mixtures, slicing potatoes, chopping onions etc - and although it is definitely not such a well made machine as the Magamix, it has handled all these things well.

I cannot quite give it 5 stars, but I am very happy with my purchase and have no regrets.

White Bones (Katie Maguire Book 1)
White Bones (Katie Maguire Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible!!, 24 April 2013
I too wish I had read more of the reviews before downloading this. I am quite a mellow person and definitely in no way dramatic but I was literally shaking and in a cold sweat reading the horrible descriptions in this. I deleted it from my Kindle after reading about a quarter of it. I have also deleted it from my account as never want to be even tempted to find out how it concludes. I read a lot and this book was otherwise enjoyable and well written until it came to the graphic descriptions of torture. I won't download from this author again!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3