Profile for Catherine3a > Reviews

1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle - Knit & Natter
1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle - Knit & Natter
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars Vibrant and interesting, 17 April 2015
A beautiful jigsaw, but I had forgotten that H.O.P jigsaws tend to have quite a lot of irregular-shaped pieces, including some which don't actually interlock at all, but just slot in. Some pieces also appeared at first glance to be straight edged - but weren't, in fact! A bit frustrating when I prefer to complete the edges first!
As far as the manufacture is concerned, I found that a few pieces were still partly stuck together. I had to separate them, resulting in the reverse of the pieces tearing a little, though the picture on the front was still fully intact. Notwithstanding this, I really enjoyed completing this jigsaw.

Ravensburger Perplexing Haberdashery (1000 Pieces)
Ravensburger Perplexing Haberdashery (1000 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Vibrant, detailed & challenging, 1 Mar. 2015
So much detail & so much colour! A good quality product & so beautiful, if challenging. I loved doing it!

Case In Your Face® Vodafone Smart 4 Mini Premium PU Leather Flip Case Cover Pouch - Various Colours (Blue)
Offered by case in your face

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile buy at a bargain price, 1 Mar. 2015
The colour (blue) is not quite as vibrant as depicted, but that doesn't bother me. Although I thought at first glance it looked too small, it is exactly the right size for the phone & the cutouts on the reverse for the camera & USB port exactly match as they should. There are 2 credit card-sized pockets opposite the phone (I'm using them for the small leaflets that came with my new phone) & a larger one for money notes, I suppose. I had hoped that my phone instruction booklet might fit in there, but it's just too tall. Pity!
The stylus is ok to use, but not to fasten to the case - the cord is far too short to be able to use it whilst fastened in. Thankfully I have another stylus which I can clip to the rear of the case.
All in all, a worthwhile purchase which does the job, & a fraction of the cost of others I have seen. I have now ordered another in a different colour for my husband's identical phone!

Waspinator - Wasp Deterrant - Twin Pack
Waspinator - Wasp Deterrant - Twin Pack
Offered by HGdeals

4.0 out of 5 stars No Wasps!, 2 Oct. 2014
These were bought as a replacement for the one which had finally deteriorated. The design of the little tag has changed to my previous one, as it's now sewed on externally, but it still does the job. Since getting our first Waspinator, there has been no wasp trouble at all!

Waspinator Twin Pack No More Wasps Pest control
Waspinator Twin Pack No More Wasps Pest control
Offered by HGdeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 Sept. 2014
I have just ordered a replacement pack as my original (single) one bought about 3 years ago has finally disintegrated. I have found the Waspinator to work well. Up to getting it, we were often plagued with wasps when we went camping, especially at mealtimes - my husband killed literally dozens in 2010. The following year, we hung the Waspinator outside the tent, and had not a single wasp throughout the whole 2 weeks! The same has been true hanging the Waspinator outside at home - though it's at the back of the house, so we once had a wasp coming in through a front bedroom window. We have had a caravan since 2012, so we keep a Waspinator for use there. Again, whilst we can get the usual nuisances of flies and moths, not a single wasp has been anywhere near us. Brilliant!

A Village Deception (TURNHAM MALPAS)
A Village Deception (TURNHAM MALPAS)
by Rebecca Shaw

4.0 out of 5 stars Continuity error, 17 May 2014
I enjoyed reading this book, after having read all the previous ones. However, much as I enjoyed it, it was spoiled because of the quite major inclusion in the plot of Jimmy's Jack Russell, Sykes, yet in a previous book (Chapter 16 of Village Feud) we were told that Sykes (the second dog he'd had with that name ) had died and Jimmy wasn't going to get another dog!

Behold Our God
Behold Our God

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic song about my Saviour, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Behold Our God (MP3 Download)
I bought this after hearing it & singing it at Church a week ago. We didn't sing the bridge as many times - it's a bit too reptetive to sing 8 times! - but it's a great song about our great God!

Piano Keys Tie
Piano Keys Tie
Offered by Robelli Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Very eye-catching tie, 8 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Piano Keys Tie (Apparel)
I bought it for my husband, who has an enormous selection of ties. There were numerous positive comments when he wore this!

Black with Multi Coloured Musical Notes
Black with Multi Coloured Musical Notes

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cheerful!, 8 Dec. 2013
This was bought for my husband, and adds to his small collection of bow ties. He wore it for the first time last Thursday, when he sang with the Leeds Metropolitan University choir, The Metronomes, in their carol concert.

A4 Plus Zip / Document Wallet Pouch Pack of 5 Assorted Colours
A4 Plus Zip / Document Wallet Pouch Pack of 5 Assorted Colours
Offered by papillon gift

3.0 out of 5 stars Plastic zips, 8 Dec. 2013
These wallets are okay, but having seen these kind of zips before (plastic) I know that they are not very strong and so was careful in opening and closing them. However, for the limited use I expect (mainly for storage) these wallets to be fine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3