Profile for Mr. Jerry R. Love > Reviews

Content by Mr. Jerry R. Love

Mr. Jerry R. Love "Jerry Love" (N.Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
WD Red 3TB for NAS 3.5-inch Desktop Hard Drive - OEM
WD Red 3TB for NAS 3.5-inch Desktop Hard Drive - OEM
Offered by entroniks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great drives...pity about the packaging, 3 Jan 2014
Installed two of these in my Synology NAS, no problems so far but judging from the packaging they arrived in they may not last long. Two plastic end bits for each drive, one drive to one box so two small boxes inside a bigger box but with no padding whatsoever. Bigger box looked like it had been kicked from Amazon to my door! Many reviews on these drives all mention the same thing...poor packaging. Amazon...are you listening?

DXT Precision Ergonomic Upright Mouse- Compact “Ergo” mouse suitable for both left or right hand

2.0 out of 5 stars Massively overpriced for what it does, 16 Aug 2013
Bought this as the pain in my right arm meant that using a mouse was becoming impossible. I normally use a mouse with my left hand in work and right hand at home but my huge Logitech MX mouse is right handed only. Looked at this, read the reviews and figured it might be just what I need.

Good points...it is easy to use with either hand, using it almost exclusively with my left at the moment and it does seem to cause less of the clenching a normal mouse causes. And that is the end of the good points!

Bad points...absolutely ridiculous price! This could be sold for £20 and it would still be overpriced. Cheap materials and not very good build quality. Very difficult to control as the cursor does not like to be sent in a diagonal across the screen. No back button which means going back to the previous page in a web browser means having to move the cursor to the back arrow in the browser. This causes a lot of unnecessary movement which surely is what this type of mouse is meant to eliminate? I have two screens, one of which is 24 inches and which are very easy to navigate through with the MX, this mouse takes twice as long to do the same things as the MX. No matter how I adjust it using the very basic DPI button it is not very accurate, frequently taking two clicks to accomplish what I can do with one click with the MX.

As a replacement for a basic mouse it's ok but if you have used a high quality mouse you will notice the difference.

I will stick with it though purely because I don't have a choice. Using a normal mouse will end up with me having a permanent disability. Hopefully in the future I can go back to using my MX when doing intricate work needing a high degree of accuracy and then change to this when browsing the web or doing emails.

Only buy if using a mouse with either hand is causing you difficulty.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2013 2:04 PM BST

LEICKE ULL Replacement AC Power Adapter / Power Supply / Charger for IBM LENOVO Thinkpad (90W 20V 4.5A 7.9*5.5 mm) with 2 Additional USB Ports (5V 2A) - Charge iPhone 5 & iPad Mini at the Same Time
Offered by LEICKE Germany

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent replacement, 23 April 2013
I was looking for a spare power supply for my Lenovo X200 and bought this after reading a few reviews. It is a little longer and heavier than the original but works perfectly and is extremely well made. I have been using it now for a few months without any problems. The USB charging ports are very handy as well.

APC BE700G-UK 405 Watts /700 VA,Input 230V /Output 230V, Interface Port USB Power-Saving Back-UPS
Offered by Gotechie Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit, 23 April 2013
I have had this hooked up to my Synology NAS since around Xmas 2012 and so far no problems. We have had two power cuts since then and both times this took over without any fuss. My NAS shut down cleanly within a couple of minutes and as I have my router also plugged in to the UPS I was able to carry on surfing in the dark on my laptop until the power came back on. Does exactly what it is supposed to do.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb SSD, 23 April 2013
Bought this for a netbook I got for my daughter while she is at uni. The Samsung netbook needed a 7mm thick hard drive and this one fitted with no problem. An extra gig of ram, fresh install of Win 7 and her little netbook flies along. The SSD really made a huge difference.

Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater
Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well after a while, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater (Accessory)
Took me a few goes to get this setup due to my router having a different IP address so I had to change the IP address of the repeater to suit. Simple enough although it had to be rebooted a few times for the settings to stick. Has been working in my kitchen for the last couple of weeks without a problem.

Samsung Battery Charger Stand for Galaxy S2 (No Battery Included) - Black
Samsung Battery Charger Stand for Galaxy S2 (No Battery Included) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little charger and carry case., 23 April 2013
Just what I wanted...a charger which can also be used as a secure carry case for a spare battery. Will NOT charge your phone as well...only battery...and if your phone is in a case it will not work as a stand either. But for the money it can't be beat.

ZS Stick Anywhere Multi Surface Suction Car Dashboard Universal Mount fits Samsung Galaxy S2
Offered by Buybits Addons

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the money, 23 April 2013
Works well and holds my phone securely but dashboard needs to be clean and it has to be removed and refixed every few days otherwise it seems to lose it's suck! Apart from that I am very pleased.

Genuine SAMSUNG MICRO USB DATA CABLE, For Samsung Galaxy, i9100 / S2, NEW
Genuine SAMSUNG MICRO USB DATA CABLE, For Samsung Galaxy, i9100 / S2, NEW
Offered by Fast Link

1.0 out of 5 stars Genuine not!, 23 April 2013
Genuine cables do not come in different thickness's. They may be marked as Samsung but they are not. I bought two of these hoping to avoid the fake cable lottery that is Ebay, one both charges and can be used for data transfer, the other charges only. Don't waste your money.

HP CN684EE#301 - INK CARTRIDGE NO 364 XL - BLACK BLISTER
HP CN684EE#301 - INK CARTRIDGE NO 364 XL - BLACK BLISTER
Offered by Cartridge King

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip Off!, 7 Mar 2013
I have given up on HP cartridges completely. Not once have I got anywhere near the rated number of pages and now HP have downsized the XL cartridge (why is it still marketed as XL?) I have went elsewhere. Bought a continuous ink supply system for my B110A (CISS on Google) which came with four bottles containing 100ml of ink each. Yes you read it right...100ml in each bottle! £60 and my ink problems are over. I also feel a lot better about not filling up a landfill with used cartridges. cityinkexpress...no connection with the company except as a satisfied customer.

Page: 1 | 2