Profile for J. Brooman > Reviews

Content by J. Brooman

J. Brooman "archerfan" (Gatwick)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
The Four Streets (The Four Streets Trilogy)
The Four Streets (The Four Streets Trilogy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Rather sad but sadly true, 7 Mar. 2015
Rather depressing but very true to life as it was then. It shows real comradeship where everyone stuck together through good and bad times. Shame it isn't the same now. I did enjoy it, if enjoy is the right word. She is a very good writer and I may continue to read the others in the series. She is very reminiscent of Catherine Cookson where her books became very similar. I would recommend it, but not if someone is looking for something uplifting, because this isn't it.

Xerox Performer Paper A4 80gsm White 003R90649 Pack of 5 Reams
Xerox Performer Paper A4 80gsm White 003R90649 Pack of 5 Reams

5.0 out of 5 stars This was such a good deal. The box was damaged as the seller ..., 19 Feb. 2015
This was such a good deal. The box was damaged as the seller told me it would be and the outer coverings of the paper was slightly damaged too, as the seller told me it would be, but the quality of the paper is great and the price was so reasonable. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase again.

benuta Shaggy Rug Swirls Yellow ø 200 cm round - Quality Label Oeko-Tex Standard 100 - 100% Polypropylene - Plain - Machine woven - Living room

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Colour!, 19 Feb. 2015
I love it - great quality and a really lovely colour - lifts my sitting room a real treat. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from this German company again, delivery was excellent too.

Full House (Quick Reads)
Full House (Quick Reads)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 5 Dec. 2014
Disappointing - I got the feeling this was cobbled together out of another book with a few new additions. I have always loved Maeve Binchy but they can be a little repetitive.

Accmart Portable Multifunctional Storage Nylon Bag Handbag Travel Makeup Make Up Cosmetic Bag Case Organizer Insert Pocket Blue
Offered by accmart

5.0 out of 5 stars Really roomy, 1 Dec. 2014
Lovely size this, loads of little compartments to put everything so very pleased.

Crystal Mining
Crystal Mining

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope it occupies our grandson, 1 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Crystal Mining (Toy)
I am hoping my grandson will have fun with this, if the feedback is anything to go by. Should keep him occupied over the Christmas with luck!

Cherry Blossom Shoe Polish,Shoepolish - Navy
Cherry Blossom Shoe Polish,Shoepolish - Navy
Offered by Spences Menswear & Footwear

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 1 Dec. 2014
Not a lot you can say about shoe polish - either it does what is says on the tin or it doesn't and so far this does! So I am pleased.

Long Multicoloured Shell & Glass Bead Necklace
Long Multicoloured Shell & Glass Bead Necklace

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty, 1 Dec. 2014
Bought as a Xmas present for my 97 year old mother in law - I am hoping she likes it as much as I do! Lovely colours and as she is almost blind hopefully she will be able to see something of this and how pretty it is.

Christmas With Nurse Millie
Christmas With Nurse Millie

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice light read., 27 Nov. 2014
Nice story - very easy reading. Took me back to those post-war days and made me realise that expectant mums did not have a very good time of it compared to these days.

Space Encyclopedia (National Geographic Kids)
Space Encyclopedia (National Geographic Kids)
by David A Aguilar

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and Informative, 14 Oct. 2014
Bought as a Christmas present for my grandson, who loves anything to do with space and to replace his other encyclopaedia which my daughter, in her infinite wisdom, decided to use to press flowers in and ruined!! Whilst mopping up one distraught grandson I promised to get him another but I saw this one and saw the feedback and decided to get this instead. I hope he likes it as much as I do!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12