Profile for Morpheus > Reviews

Content by Morpheus

Morpheus "No Matrix here" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Merrell Helixer Morph, Men Low Rise Hiking Shoes, Brown (Espresso), 9.5 UK (44 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Still the most comfortable brand of trainers I've had, 9 Nov. 2014
Finding my last pair of Merrell trainers at my normal size 9 a little tighter than expected combined with a lot of the reviews saying they ordered a size larger, I bought these at a 9.5, they fit very well (a 9 may have been a little tight across the arch), maybe being slightly looser around the heel than ideal but this is often an issue for me with all shoes.

I wore these on holiday a few days after purchase which involved a lot of walking and these proved very comfortable throughout the day. I hadn't realised when ordering that these had a more elasticated lace system with a fob rather than to tie but this has worked well and doesn't come loose when worn for long periods.

I am very happy with these shoes and would definitely recommend them.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars ... as a present for a family member and I liked it so much I purchased a bottle for myself ..., 6 July 2014
I originally bought this scent as a present for a family member and I liked it so much I purchased a bottle for myself at a later date. I usually purchase scents from big department stores but thought I'd try purchasing here on Amazon as it seemed better value. I purchased this through Beautycart and compared the bottle with the remainder of my last department store bought bottle to ensure it was genuine. Sure enough it is the real deal and a great value purchase.

Bulgari Aqua Pour Homme Eau de Toilette - 100 ml
Bulgari Aqua Pour Homme Eau de Toilette - 100 ml
Offered by Acorn solution

4.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite at a great price, 6 July 2014
I have used this EDT for a few years as one of my main choices varying from work to leisure. I usually purchase it from big department stores but decided to give it a try here from UK Fragrance Deals as it seemed far better value. Sure enough it hasn't disappointed, I compared it with the remainder of my store purchased bottle and sure enough it is the real thing. It is a subtle fresh scent that is reasonably long lasting and I've had a few people remark on the fact that it smells nice.

TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND 300Mbps Wireless N 4 Gigabit Port Cable Router (USB Port for Printers, Files or Media Sharing)
Offered by UKTEK.CO

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well and has proven reliable, 10 Nov. 2013
I've had this for a number of months now after giving up on Virginmedia's Superhub after the 60MB upgrade which couldn't provide a decent wi-fi signal unless you were sitting next to it. This on the other hand is worlds apart, I can get a good signal throughout the house and stream HD movies from the NAS drive upstairs to my TV downstairs without any issues. The interface is easy to use and has all the important settings my only gripe being that if you have the internal DLNA options all disabled the TP-Link still shows up as a DLNA device on the network.

The only times I've had to reboot this router is when I have changed settings unlike my previous netgear routers which would require a reboot once in a while as things just stopped connecting. I also picked this router as it had the option of running other router firmwares should i want to which whilst a facility I haven't used yet is a nice option to have.

Philips GC2930/02 PowerLife Steam Iron, 2200 Watt, Purple
Philips GC2930/02 PowerLife Steam Iron, 2200 Watt, Purple
Offered by BestBuyUk

4.0 out of 5 stars Irons well with a good steam function, 10 Nov. 2013
I've had this for a month or so and have used it extensively. It irons well putting out a good amount of steam to get wrinkles out of even the most tricky clothing and materials. It is easy to fill with the wide water intake and although I mostly still use the water container that came with my old iron (this does not include one) it can easily be filled directly from the tap. It glides smoothly across clothes and the cable is long enough to provide a decent reach from the plug socket. Unlike my old iron when full with water it doesn't leak out if the iron isn't hot resulting in that extra ten minutes of trying to iron dry your shirt.

Why only four stars, simply because I haven't had it long enough to warrant any more however if it is still performing this well in a few months then it will definitely be a five star product.

MOFRED®-Micro USB On The Go OTG Cable for Nexus 7 2 II
MOFRED®-Micro USB On The Go OTG Cable for Nexus 7 2 II
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what you would expect, 10 Nov. 2013
Not much to say about this the cable works with the Nexus 7 2013 (with the help of the Nexus Media Importer app) and allows me to attach USB sticks and card readers. Its a cable and it works and feels reasonably well built, nothing else needs saying.

MOFRED® Black New Google Nexus 7 2 II Tablet (Launched July 2013) Case-(Second Updated Version of Case)-MOFRED® Executive Multi Function Standby Case for the Google Nexus 7 II-2nd Generation Tablet 16GB or 32GB eMMC ,Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5GHz Processor, Screen Protector + Stylus Pen (Available in Mutiple Colors)
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well, feels sturdy and looks fine, 10 Nov. 2013
I've been using this case for a couple of months now and am pleased with the purchase. A case is not something I can really get excited about as if its doing its job well then you mostly barely notice it and that is the case here. The case fits the Nexus 7 2013 perfectly and feels sturdy enough to protect the tablet from everyday knocks. The quality is good and it doesn't feel or look like a cheap case. As a stand it works fine holding the tablet at an angle I find comfortable to view video and the magnetic clasp turns the screen on and off as expected. This is a good thing as the power button is a little hard to reach.

Basically it does its job well and unobtrusively which is what you want from a case.

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black
SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Silver/Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent sound quality and detail for the daily commute, 28 April 2013
I bought these to replace a pair of Sennheiser CX400 II headphones which had developed a fault. I use these for my daily commute on buses and trains so important factors for me was the ability to block external noise and not leak sound so that it didn't annoy my fellow commuters. The other major factor was sound quality I listen to a wide variety of music and I want to hear as much detail as possible given the limitations of MP3s and the commuting environment.

The E10's have performed well when listening to Classical, Jazz, Rock and Metal coping with dense mixes from NIN and Peter Gabriel and simpler vocal driven music such as Adele and Tori Amos. It also performs well with music with a wide dynamic range coping with the highs and lows of Cannonball Adderley and Moussorgsky admirably. They provide a good sense of positioning but I think have a slight emphasis on the midtones which sometimes leaves instruments sounding a little lacking in body. The bass is good and controlled and avoids descending into an amorphous boom which doesn't resemble any instrument and reflects the level of bass on the actual recording. Are they better than the Sennheiser CX400 II's that I'm not sure about in some ways I think they might be in other not unfortunately I am unable to do a direct comparison.

The headphones themselves come with a variety of ear buds but I found the default ones fit perfectly in my case. They come with a rather large pouch to hold them in but unlike the Sennheisers don't have anything to wrap them around to avoid tangles. They seem well built with a good length of cable allowing me to have the phone in my pocket and wear the headphones without and discomfort. One nice touch is that the packaging has a code which you can check against the Soundmagic website to ensure that they are genuine with so many fake headphones around (a particular problem with Sennheisers I keep reading) this is a good idea which more manufacturers should adopt.

Overall I would recommend these headphones and am reasonably pleased I decided to give them a try. They are good headphones which compete with others significantly more expensive.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent kit bought instead of Sky Wi-Fi Connector for use with Sky On-Demand (Anytime+), 13 Mar. 2013
I bought this router from Amazon to use with my SKY+HD box instead of the Wireless Connector offered by Sky. I decided to buy this as not only was it cheaper, it has a higher maximum rate 150Mbps vs 130Mbps of the Sky offering and isn't locked down so could be used with other equipment. It was easy to setup and works flawlessly giving good speeds. The version I bought from Amazon came with a UK plug as I noticed some reviews mention those from other suppliers coming with a European plug. I chose to set it up in client mode (think glorified wifi dongle) rather than any of the other options as this seemed most appropriate for my setup. Overall I found it easy to use and setup and very versatile although the documentation barely mentioned client mode and I already have a TP-Link WR1043ND so am familiar with their web interface. The information for doing this is a bit vague so here is how I got it working (I dropped a star from the rating because the documentation would be confusing for someone who doesn't understand the basics of setting up a wi-fi router)

Setting it up for use with Sky+HD On-Demand (formerly Anytime+)
===============================================================
ON YOUR MAIN ROUTER (Virgin SuperHub, Sky etc.)
1. Note your routers IP Address and mask e.g. 192.168.0.x, 255.255.255.0
2. If you have a wireless access list setup make sure you add the WR702N's MAC address to the allowed list.
3. Add the router WR702N to your DHCP reserved address list e.g. 192.168.0.254

ON THE WR702N
1. Connect it via the ethernet cable to your computer and disable wifi on your computer so that the ethernet is the only network connection
2. Point your browser at 192.168.0.254
3. Login with admin as the user and password (you may want to change the password)
4. During the setup select client mode
5. When prompted for an IP address ensure that it is in the same subnet as your router e.g. if your router address is 192.168.1.x then make the WR702N address 192.168.1.254 for example
6. Ensure the subnet mask is the same as your router e.g. 255.255.255.0
7. Set the default gateway to the address of your router e.g. 192.168.1.1
8. When prompted reboot the router you can log back into it via the address you chose above e.g. 192.168.1.254

ON THE SKY+HD BOX
Ignore anything on the sky site about activating on-demand you just have to set it up on the box
1. Plug the ethernet cable into the green ethernet socket on the back of the box do not plug it into the WR702N yet.
2. Connect the WR702N to the power supply (the usb socket on the sky box isn't powered so you may need to use a plug)
3. Go to the services menu and select the network page
4. Plug the ethernet cable into the WR702N and wait a minute
5. The network page should detect the network and which point just follow the onscreen instructions.
6. If any of the options on the page say fail just unplug and re-plug in the ethernet cable to the WR702N.

Hope this helps someone who is trying to set one of these up with Sky.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2014 2:13 PM GMT

Blue Pattern Leather Contact Lens Case With Mirror
Blue Pattern Leather Contact Lens Case With Mirror

4.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 18 Nov. 2012
I was looking for a small case containing a mirror that could be used with different lens cases (which get changed regularly) and not just the one it came with. The latter has been a problem with others I have tried as once the original case has been used and replaced the new case either didn't fit in properly stopping the case from closing or only fit if other items were removed. This case doesn't have those issues and the mirror is big enough to be useful and the case small enough to be pocketable and not too girly a design compared to most similar cases.

Page: 1 | 2