ARRAY(0xad0de384)

Profile for Helen > Reviews

Content by Helen

Helen (Uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Burglar Bill (Picture Puffin)
Burglar Bill (Picture Puffin)
by Allan Ahlberg
Price: 5.03

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic childrens book, 21 Mar 2014
My son loved this book and I bought it for my 4 year old grandson. He enjoyed it as much as his uncle.
He insisted on taking it into school the day after he received it. The teacher read it out to the class who all loved it.
This should be on every child's bookshelf.

Maisy's Bedtime
Maisy's Bedtime
by Lucy Cousins
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars My granddaughter loved this book, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Maisy's Bedtime (Paperback)
My 2 year old granddaughter loves Maisie.
She has quite a few Maisie books and even a Maisie doll.
The stories don't appeal to me and I think there are much better books on the market for toddlers. However, my granddaughter really loved this book. I had to read it to her again and again. So many times that she memorised it.

An Officer and a Spy
An Officer and a Spy
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, 21 Mar 2014
A fascinating story told in a really gripping way.
I knew some details about the Dreyfus case but this book really brought it to life.
Although this happened at the turn of the twentieth century it feels surprisingly modern.
It shows how cover-ups by the powers that be are nothing new.
I can't recommend this book too strongly. Well worth reading.

The Last Kabbalist of Lisbon
The Last Kabbalist of Lisbon
Price: 4.19

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 Feb 2014
This was essentially a who-dunnnit set in Portugal at the time of the Inquisition. I was really keen to read this book as I had limited knowledge about this time in history and I also wanted to learn more about the Kabbala. This book told me little about either. The clues about the murderer early in the novel were so obscure I had to reread some sections once his identity was revealed. I found it unlikely that the main character was set on discovering his uncle's murderer when so many of his friends and other family members were being butchered. Really disappointing.

Thomas Barbey 2014 Wall
Thomas Barbey 2014 Wall
by Sellers
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a change from other surrealist calendars on sale., 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Thomas Barbey 2014 Wall (Calendar)
Every year I buy my son a surrealist calendar as part of his Xmas present. This was the best yet. We both loved the photo-montages. They were clever, well-constructed and also humorous.

Remote Control for LCD TV TECHNIKA LCD22-228G
Remote Control for LCD TV TECHNIKA LCD22-228G
Offered by e-Remotes
Price: 13.50

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect replacement, 11 Feb 2014
The remote for my LCD TV TECHNIKA LCD22-228G packed up for no reason (and Yes I did check the batteries!). I have older TVs for which the remote works fine. This was a like-for-like replacement. Works fine now.

Playmobil 5135 Large Pirate Ship
Playmobil 5135 Large Pirate Ship
Offered by Toys Direct Ltd
Price: 52.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive ship but fiddly assembly, 6 Jan 2014
My grandson loves this pirate ship. It is certainly impressive. Comes with pirates, cannon and lots more. The downside is that it takes ages to assemble. There are lots of tiny pieces which aren't labelled. I would advise you to assemble this in advance rather than wrap it up boxed.

Pintoy Doll's Rocking Cradle
Pintoy Doll's Rocking Cradle
Price: 27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality toy, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Pintoy Doll's Rocking Cradle (Toy)
I bought this for my 2 year old granddaughter after looking at other doll's cots. It comes flat packed but takes just a few minutes to assemble. It is really sturdy and strong (it supported my granddaughter when she sat in it!). It comes complete with a mattress and matching bedding. Ideal size for most dolls. My granddaughter absolutely loves it and plays with this and her doll's buggy non-stop. Really good value, too.

Baby Born Stroller
Baby Born Stroller
Offered by gosling toymaster
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A real winner, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Baby Born Stroller (Toy)
I bought this for my 2 year old granddaughter after quite a bit of research. She immediately put her 'baby' in the buggy and hasn't stopped playing with it. It is good and sturdy (supported my granddaughter when she sat in it!). Just the right size for a little girl and her dolls. My granddaughter loved the basket at the back of the buggy as it holds whatever she wants to take with on her travels. Definitely recommend this.

Pinocchio [DVD]
Pinocchio [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Sharpsteen
Offered by Discs4all
Price: 8.95

3.0 out of 5 stars A classic which my grandson loved, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Pinocchio [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my grandson as I wanted to get him some classic Disney stories. He loves it. However, I hadn't watched this film for ages and I actually found some of the scenes quite 'creepy' as I hadn't realised that the central story is about child abduction

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5