Profile for Xander > Reviews

STAINLESS STEEL SHOCK PROOF GLASS COFFEE PLUNGER/MAKER
STAINLESS STEEL SHOCK PROOF GLASS COFFEE PLUNGER/MAKER
Offered by SelectiveGoods

4.0 out of 5 stars Not unbreakable, 20 Jan. 2016
Knocked it out of a low cupboard (less than 12 inches off the floor) and it broke into a few large pieces. Lasted my a while beforehand but that was its first real test of strength and it failed. At least it was easy to tidy up.

In terms of coffee-making it was good and I can't fault it, just don't drop it and think it won't break.

Running Belt - Best for Exercise/ Workout - Waterproof, Machine Washable/ Waist Pack Belt - Expandable, Adjustable & Reflective - Great for Biking, Hiking, Outdoor Activity And Travel - 100% Guaranteed (black)
Offered by Aurora UK

3.0 out of 5 stars I'll start off by saying this is a pretty good product and is definitely usable, 20 Jan. 2016
I'll start off by saying this is a pretty good product and is definitely usable, there are just a few flaws that make it a bit annoying.

1) It might just be the shape of my body with my waist being much narrower than my hips, but I find the belt rides up quite often, even when I adjust it to be as tight as possible. This means it shakes around annoyingly and it's not particularly comfortable when doing so. This also makes it chafe unless I wear it on top of my running shirt and I think this detracts from the point of it a little. I bought this to make running around with a phablet a bit more subtle than having it on my arm, but unless my top is black I either have to choose between it being conspicuous or chafing.

2) The built-in key hook is a good feature and it means you shouldn't have to take your entire keyring or key wallet out with you. However, I'm not very comfortable with putting my key in the pocket with my phone or it might scratch the screen or the metalwork. I've tried tucking the key in numerous places but it always shakes itself loose and bounces all over the place, making me have to slow down to try and stow it elsewhere. Instead I've resorted to just taking my entire key wallet out with me. This isn't really a big problem, it lets me carry all of my keys (which an arm-band didn't allow), it just makes the hook redundant.

I will reinforce that I do still use this product whenever I track my run (which is pretty much every time), it just has a few downsides and I'd probably recommend other people to try a slightly different version of the belt, perhaps one with a bit more grip.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2016 11:57 AM GMT

Thermos Hammertone Stainless Steel Flask, 1.0L
Thermos Hammertone Stainless Steel Flask, 1.0L
Offered by Mixles

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 23 Nov. 2012
I bought this to provide me with coffee in times of need - predominantly in lectures. I decided to make some coffee at 10pm to test the capability of the flask. The manufacturer's rating was only to keep the drink hot for 12 hours, so naturally I expected about 10. The next morning in my 9am lecture, it was still hot enough for steam to billow out of it whenever I opened it. I know it's a normal sign of a good flask, but there is still something strange about having a container that holds coffee at about 90 degrees and it can be cool - even cold - to the touch! Later that night when I went to pour the rest away (about 22 hours after I had made the original batch) the coffee was still hot enough to drink.

Well and truly satisfied so far, can't wait to try it with soup!

Corsair CMX6GX3M3A1600C9 XMS3 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 Performance Desktop Memory Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Very quick, 29 Jun. 2011
This RAM does exactly what it needs to do, and 6GB is plenty for all but the most strenuous of tasks.
It scores a great 7.5 on the Windows Experience Index, and I've had no problems with overheating, and this allows me to run several programs at a time (I've done up to a dozen, including Firefox, Windows Live Messenger, Battlefield Bad Company 2, various Steam windows, Sony Vegas Movie Studio, etc, and I experienced no lag or slowing down at all. Effortless, highly recommend.
And it's very good value for 6GB of Corsair RAM.

Asus M4A77T Motherboard
Asus M4A77T Motherboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, depending on your needs., 29 Jun. 2011
I don't know an awful lot about Motherboards, but I'll try my best.

From what I can tell, the Bios is very stable, and the MemOk! feature (allowing you to master reset with ease) seems like a great feature, although I am yet to use it.

There are plenty of RAM slots (4), which can handle up to 1800MHz each, so it might not be for the avid gamer, although it suits me fine.

There is only one PCI-E slot, but as before, this meets my requirements, and after all, this board represents great value for money, and my friend (who has built many more computers than I) was very impressed with it.

The instruction book provided was extremely helpful and very clear, so I cannot fault it in that department.

Overall, a decent board for the mid-range gaming PC or a great board for a standard desktop, you take your pick.
Highly recommended.

XFX/ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024MB PCI-E 2.0 HDMI/Dual-Link DVI/DisplayPort Graphics Card

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, you get what you pay for., 29 Jun. 2011
This is a nice, relatively cheap, and reasonably good card.
I bought this as my first graphics card for my computer that I have built, and it performs pretty well.
I get about 40-50 frames per second on games like Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Portal 2 in full settings, but when I'm recording with fraps, this drops to between 15-25 fps.

If you're looking for a card to run a single monitor (although the box claims it can handle up to 3, I have my doubts) at full resolution and the game at full settings without recording, then this could very well be for you.
I am planning to upgrade to a Radeon 6950 though, but either way, this is a good starting card if you haven't got loads of money to spend.

Zalman Z7-PLUS Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Computer Chassis
Zalman Z7-PLUS Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Computer Chassis

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Jun. 2011
This tower is very good looking, very spacious and comes with extremely useful instructions.
There are many nice features that make this case brilliant:

The hard drive tray has rubber mounts for the screws to reduce vibrations.
The side fan has a speed controller. (Although I never use this, as the fan is silent anyway)
The various blue LEDs give it a very nice appearance.
There is plenty of room for multiple hard drives and optical drives, and more than enough screws are supplied with the case.

The packaging was great, not a scratch on the box.

I am planning on buying a larger graphics card, I will try and remember to update this to say if it is large enough, but I am confident it will be. The dimensions of the case are:
Length: 19"
Width: 8" front, 8.75" at widest point
Height: 19"

In the side 'pod' there is also enough room and a designated area to add another fan should you need to, although I find the main 2 sufficient.
Strongly recommend, great for builds, and the instruction booklet makes everything very simple.

Premium 1.5M DVI-D Cable \ 24k Gold Plated \ Ferrite cores to avoid RF Interference (BY Cables 4 ALL)

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it does., 28 Jun. 2011
Very good, quality of the picture is great, and it's not too much to splash out on getting a decent cable. It does exactly what it needs to, no hassle.

AMD Phenom II X4 Quad 955 Core 3.2GHz Processor 4 x 512 KB Boxed - Black Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast, 28 Jun. 2011
This is my first ever processor that I have bought, and I must say, I started with a good one.
The 3.2GHz is very good anyway, so I imagine it would be excellent when overclocked. This processor allows my computer to render videos at least a dozen times faster than the laptop I am currently writing on (out of convenience, no issues I should add).
The supplied heatsink and fan is good enough, I haven't measured the temperatures, but the processor still works, and it's not too loud either (I can't hear it over my graphics card).
I guess there isn't much else to say, apart from make sure it will fit your motherboard! :P
Strongly recommended, and it's a steal at this price.

Creative Inspire T3130 (2.1) Speaker System with Subwoofer
Creative Inspire T3130 (2.1) Speaker System with Subwoofer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, when they work..., 28 Jun. 2011
I've owned this product for almost a year now, and for the first month or two there were no problems whatsoever and the sound quality is crisp, and the bass is desk-shakingly smooth and strong.
Whenever the speakers are turned out, they make a rhymthmic popping sound for 10 seconds or so, then once the computer has loaded they stop and normally work. Occasionally this popping/ticking would continue until I couldn't tolerate it any longer and turned them off, in which case I'd have to resort to my headphones for the evening.
A couple of days ago I turned them on and they didn't do this ticking at all, and no sound comes out of them at all.
I haven't dropped them, abused them or anything, they just don't work.
I've tried reinstalling the drivers, plugging them into other things and trying headphones in the socket normally reserved for the speakers, but to no avail.

But, this may be a one-off. The sound quality was brilliant when they worked and I would've thoroughly recommended them.
You might be able to do better with another product this time.

Page: 1 | 2