Profile for Nicola Rowe > Reviews

Content by Nicola Rowe

Nicola Rowe (Cambridge, UK)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product - light to carry and very handy, 22 July 2011
The towel comes a flat disc that fits in the hollow of your hand. I took it travelling as a replacement for a full-sized towel. It worked very well for everyday showering, and dried quickly. To wash my (shoulder-length) hair, though, I needed something slightly thicker.

Recommended.

The Night Bookmobile
The Night Bookmobile
by Audrey Niffenegger

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful, spooky tale for library lovers, 14 May 2011
This review is from: The Night Bookmobile (Hardcover)
This is a sparklingly original tale, beautifully written and beautifully realised, that will appeal to lovers of books and libraries anywhere. The twist at the end made me gasp - and will ensure the book stays in my memory for a long time.

Think Again: Why Good Leaders Make Bad Decisions and How to Keep it From Happeining to You: Why Good Leaders Make Bad Decisions and How to Keep It from Happening to You
by Sydney Finkelstein

5.0 out of 5 stars An intriguing look at the tricks our minds play on us, 10 Mar 2009
Sometimes we really can't help ourselves. Or so argue the authors, Andrew Campbell, Sydney Finkelstein and Jo Whitehead, whose lively, eminently readable book reveals four sources of error humans make when reaching decisions. A series of vignettes brings the four errors across memorably and clearly, and I quickly recognised parallels from my own past.

But what to do about our error-prone ways? While we can't reprogramme our thinking, we can be taught to watch out for tripwires. The authors present four safeguards that, if applied properly, should lead businesspeople to do a double-take before veering off course.

While the book draws examples from the business world, I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about the ways our minds work, and work against us.