Profile for E. Jenkins > Reviews

Content by E. Jenkins

E. Jenkins (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Bitterwood: The Complete Collection (Bitterwood Trilogy)
Bitterwood: The Complete Collection (Bitterwood Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Jun. 2015
Excellent collection of gripping stories. I read Bitterwood Bk1 as it was free on Kindle, and got hooked so had to read the rest. All the best bits of sci-fi, fantasy and adventure rolled into one.

The Watchers (Book 1: The Watchers Series)
The Watchers (Book 1: The Watchers Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it., 11 Nov. 2014
Easy to read, and kept me wanting to read more. Very similar key points to other books in the same genre (though the stories are different) but enjoyable nonetheless. I would like to read the second book in the series to find out what happens next.

Food Ninjas: How to Raise Kids to be Lean, Mean, Eating Machines
Food Ninjas: How to Raise Kids to be Lean, Mean, Eating Machines

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book about the whole concept of eating, not just food!, 26 May 2014
This book has really reinforced what I already knew about food. That arbitrarily restricting "bad" foods in favour of "good" ones, does nobody any good at all. For health we do need to eat all the different food groups, and allow our children to too. By allowing access to all foods on an equal footing, we allow our children to learn about what food does to their body and how to be healthy.

Disobey (Epic series Book 3)
Disobey (Epic series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Identified with this book, 20 May 2014
As someone who was always "good" (read: blindly obedient) who now lives life on her own terms, and am bringing my children up the same way, I thought this was a really good read as I discovered I'm not alone for changing my thinking.
Read this book and change your life.

Barefoot in the Dark
Barefoot in the Dark

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable read, 20 May 2014
Really enjoyable holiday read with the saga of the will they/won't they between the two main characters.
Recommended for some easy reading.

Hands Free Mama: A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List, and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very thought provoking, 30 Mar. 2014
I am really enjoying this book, and would recommend it for anyone who wants to reconnect with their children and their family. This book is designed to be read over several months, so I'm not finished yet, but would recommend on the basis of what I have read so far.

The Vision (Fallen Star Book 3)
The Vision (Fallen Star Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 30 Mar. 2014
This book was really gripping, and I read it continually until I had finished. The story was enjoyable and you always wanted to know what happens next.

The Promise (Fallen Star Book 4)
The Promise (Fallen Star Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this book, 30 Mar. 2014
Really enjoyed the last in this series. I thought the ending was very slightly predictable, but I didn't realise as I was reading it that it was a Young Adult book, and doubt it would have been predictable for that age group. Recommend it. :)

MY BROTHER'S KEEPER: The Dragon's Back #2
MY BROTHER'S KEEPER: The Dragon's Back #2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sequel, 10 Mar. 2014
Another interesting book about life on the Dragon's Back. The only disappointing thing about this book, is that the final of the trilogy hasn't been released yet. Can't wait.

12 Guardians: Abraham - In the Beginning Book 5
12 Guardians: Abraham - In the Beginning Book 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good book by Tim Hamblin, 10 Mar. 2014
The saga of the 12 guardians continues, and you learn yet more about the history of the characters. The book is gripping, keeps you interested, and ends on a good cliff-hanger.
Can't wait for the next one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3