Profile for LAB > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Softlites - Ladies Black Comfort Wedge Shoe with Velcro Strap - Size 9 - Black
Softlites - Ladies Black Comfort Wedge Shoe with Velcro Strap - Size 9 - Black
Offered by Shoe Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Instantly comfortable - look great with skirts or trousers, 16 May 2014
I really loved these shoes. No wearing in required and they're good for all sorts of occasions - casual enough for free time and smart enough for work. I bought a size 9 and it was a perfect fit. (I am actually size eight and a half though, so if your feet are a large size nine, you might find them tight.)

The adjustable strap allows for both narrow and wide feet and the small heel is just enough to look more feminine than a flat.

It's hard to say how long they'll last of course, but for sandal-type footwear, they seem fairly sturdy. The sole is not so thin that it feels flimsy and while these are clearly low-cost shoes, they seem to be fixed together reasonably strongly.

The price was extremely good value and the free delivery marvellous. They came exactly when they were supposed to and I received a mesage on my phone to tell me how to track them if I wished.

All in all a great buy and well worth the full five stars.

1kg Assorted Baklawa Baklava Home Made Recipe Freshly Baked and Shipped UK
1kg Assorted Baklawa Baklava Home Made Recipe Freshly Baked and Shipped UK
Offered by Chateau de Mediterranean

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 21 Jan 2014
These were absolutely delicious. They came sooner than expected and I couldn't be more pleased. Unlike the boxed varieties you find in the shops, these were melt-in-your-mouth fresh and I would recommend them to anyone. I notice one or two people moaning about the packaging - they come in a perfectly acceptable box made of card with a see through window and for goodness sake, at this price what on earth do you expect? (A diamond-encrusted tin no doubt!)

Anyway, as a different reviewer has already said, this is the best baklava I've eaten in England. It rivals the trays I used to buy from the local baker when living in Damascus. I shall definitely be ordering again.

Extraordinary Chickens 2014 Wall Calendar (Wall Calendars)
Extraordinary Chickens 2014 Wall Calendar (Wall Calendars)
by Stephen Green-Armytage
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Clucking good!, 20 Nov 2013
Received this as a present - a lovely calendar for all who like chickens. Good quality and unusual. Will no doubt make me smile throughout next year.

Formatting of Children's Books and Comics for the Kindle
Formatting of Children's Books and Comics for the Kindle

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value and Easy to Follow, 14 Nov 2013
This is the first time I've had a go at formatting an ebook myself and I speak as someone with only a basic knowledge of html and an ability to use photoshop. I needed nothing further to follow this book. It answered all my questions and is organised into logical chapters. It contains links to a number of different templates for children's picture ebooks, then explains how to adapt them to your needs. I have seen many, more expensive books on this subject which are not as useful. For anyone wanting to learn how to create fixed layout picture books for Kindle, this is definitely a value for money read.

Symingtons Instant Dandelion Coffee 500 g
Symingtons Instant Dandelion Coffee 500 g

1.0 out of 5 stars You probably won't like this unless you've got a sweet tooth, 20 Feb 2013
I read the reviews about Symingtons having changed their recipe to a less tasty one, but thought I'd try it anyway. I found that those people who said it was too sweet were exactly right - it really does taste ever so sugary if you compare it to the old version. If you like sweet drinks you may enjoy it, otherwise I doubt it's for you. The levels of glucose are obviously to blame here - which is also disappointing on the health front. I mean let's face it, most of us are looking to consume less rather than more sugar these days.

It seems to me that Symingtons have upset quite a large number of their old customers with this recipe and have probably made a rather foolish mistake. Personally, I hope they change it back and until then I shall be giving it a miss.

Melta - Chicory Coffee - 500g
Melta - Chicory Coffee - 500g
Offered by Halusky Shop - Czech & Slovak Food & Drinks Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, plain, unadulterated chicory root coffee, 17 Feb 2013
Very happy with this pack of chicory - it came within the promised time and at a good price. This particular brand is clearly meant for the non-British market, but chicory is chicory - as far as I can tell, it has nothing whatever added to it and was delicious. A word to the wise for any chicory first-timers, if you are looking for instant chicory coffee, (the stuff you just spoon into a cup and watch dissolve), this is not for you. What you need here is a cafetiere or similar, and you should treat it as you would fresh coffee.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2013 6:58 PM BST

3g Tube of Super Glue, Bonds Anything In Seconds! Pack Of 5
3g Tube of Super Glue, Bonds Anything In Seconds! Pack Of 5
Offered by Home Star Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars value for money & convenient in little tubes, 16 Mar 2012
Very pleased with this. Stuck two missing "feet" back onto my laptop very well indeed. As I think some other reviewers mentioned, the only thing to watch is that it can spurt when you first pierce it, so care is needed at that point. I wore gloves to be on the safe side. Once it's open it does the job well and as long as you fix the plastic top on properly, doesn't dry out. It's also great to have so many little tubes rather than one big one - means you can keep them in different places so you always have one to hand. All in all, and esp with regards to the low price, I'm happy to give it 5 stars.

In The Heat Of The Night [DVD] [1967]
In The Heat Of The Night [DVD] [1967]
Dvd ~ Sidney Poitier
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great film badly presented!, 16 Mar 2012
I really love this film, but be warned that this version has been cropped down the sides to alter the aspect ratio, losing the original compositions. Clearly (on a TV) this type of film would normally have black bars at the top and bottom but the authors of this DVD have decided to do a hatchet job instead. It is a great shame to see this in such a carfully composed story packed with visual metaphor, so if you're thinking of buying "In the Heat of the Night" for your DVD collection I suggest you look for a copy which contains the full image and correct aspect ratio.

In short, it's a truly wonderful film shoddily and uncaringly presented... I don't know what the DVD authors where thinking but for shame!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2013 3:23 PM BST

Felix As Good as it Looks Favourites Selection in Jelly '44 x 100 g Pouches'
Felix As Good as it Looks Favourites Selection in Jelly '44 x 100 g Pouches'
Offered by san direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and no problems, 8 Nov 2011
Read the other reviews about this product and I suspect the poor person with the burst sachets must have been rather unlucky. I have bought this Felix pack from Amazon several times and never had any problems. The cat food is, well, as far as I can tell exactly the same as all other Felix AGAIL cat food. My cats like it very much and buying it on Amazon does offer a cheaper alternative to most supermarket prices, not to mention that you don't have to lug it home! I shall be buying it here again.

Additional Info: I wrote the review above some years ago and while the product is the same, I would like to add that I now find it cheaper to buy Felix AGAIL in the supermarkets than on Amazon. The prices for this type of catfood on amazon.co.uk are not as competitive as they once were.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2013 8:01 PM BST

Felix Sensations Fish Steaklets in Jelly 12 x 100 g (Pack of 4, Total 48 Pouches)
Offered by Purely Pet Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 2 Nov 2010
This kind of food is wolfed down by my cats and I was so pleased to find it on Amazon. It is excellent value for money - much cheaper than the supermarket. (My cats are very pleased!)

Page: 1 | 2