Profile for Schnauzer fan > Reviews

Content by Schnauzer fan

Schnauzer fan (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2
A Wartime Christmas
A Wartime Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 17 Jan. 2015
I finished reading this book on my Kindle this morning, the first I have read by this author. As the book went on, I found it harder and harder to put down, and the ending was a nice surprise. Well worth a read, and I will definitely be reading more of her books.

Sorry! - The Complete Collection [DVD]
Sorry! - The Complete Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ronnie Corbett

5.0 out of 5 stars Why should I be sorry?, 10 Jan. 2015
I finally got this box set for Christmas, and have spent almost every evening since the New Year watching it back to back. I love it as much as I did the first time round, and will be SORRY when I reach the last episode.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, but be careful!, 12 Sept. 2013
Having been disappointed with recent haircuts by my hairdresser, who never cuts my hair the way I want it, and seen the price of this, I didn't hesitate to buy it. After some trepidation, I attempted a haircut the other day, and my partner was very impressed. Others, however, do not know that I cut my own hair! The only problem is, the instructions were a little brief, and the comb fell apart after I got a bit carried away and the blades came out. I am also wondering where you can get replacement blades when they run out. Also, it is MUCH easier to use the comb on wet hair, and it pulls painfully on dry hair. Will use again though, as it has saved me a great deal of money.

Thursdays in the Park
Thursdays in the Park

5.0 out of 5 stars Great description of the local area!, 26 Nov. 2012
I've just finished reading this book on my Kindle, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although it was a bit frustrating at times, and the daughter, "Chanty" got on my nerves sometimes with her bossiness and wanting her own way, everything worked out alright in the end. What I liked most about it, however, was the fact that it was set in Highgate, where I live, and there were constant references to and detailed descriptions of my local haunts - I often take my dog to that particular park! Very enjoyable.

Apples
Apples

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, especially the ending, or should I say, non-ending., 9 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Apples (Kindle Edition)
I just finished reading this book this morning. I have to say, I was very close to giving up at various points in the book, due to the swearing, drug taking and most particularly the explicit sex between under-age teenagers! However, I was glad I persevered, if only to discover the appalling way it ended, which gave me a bit of a laugh at least, but I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't yet read it! I also don't want to waste any more time on this review of what was, quite possibly, the worst book I've ever read, and wish I hadn't wasted my money, even though it was the Kindle "Deal of the Day" - never again!

December
December

4.0 out of 5 stars There is just one thing missing from this album ..., 31 Dec. 2010
This review is from: December (Audio CD)
... and that's Ray Thomas, otherwise it is the best collection of Christmas tunes that I've ever heard. I've only got into the Moody Blues within the last 5 years, and quickly collected their albums, but was sceptical about this one, especially without Ray. However, this year, I decided to take the plunge, and I'm so glad I did. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked their versions of all the old songs, particularly John Lennon's "Happy Xmas" - it's just a shame they cut it short however, and that Graeme Edge seemed to have little presence on the album. That said, there is an uncanny similarity to the Blue Jays (one of my all time favourite albums) on "Don't need a Reindeer", but my favourite song is "December Snow" - just magical.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2011 10:58 AM GMT

Essentials
Essentials
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Some key omissions here, 10 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Essentials (Audio CD)
How can you have a compilation of Bread "Essentials" without London Bridge and This is the Last Time??? Sadly, I only realised these tracks were omitted after buying it, but otherwise, it is a fairly good compilation, and includes other songs which aren't on the "Sound of Bread" LP that I also own. Aside from the tracks from that LP which are also on here, I particularly like "He's a good lad" and "I want you with me" which I can't do without, so I think "essentials" is appropriate here. Perhaps they should have made a second disc to include the two previously mentioned songs, "Truckin'", "Fancy Dancer" and "Just like yesterday". Just a thought!

The Sound of Bread
The Sound of Bread

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sound of Bread is Excellent!, 10 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Sound of Bread (Audio CD)
Although I was very young when Bread were popular, I have, over the years, collected a lot of music from the early 1970s, and thought I'd give this a try when I saw it in a local record shop. There is not a single bad track on here, and I am listening to "London Bridge" as I write. I note that previous reviews compare the song "Just Like Yesterday" to "Aubrey", stating they would rather have seen the latter song on here. In my opinion, "Aubrey" should simply have been ADDED to the compilation, along with a couple of others I've heard subsequently, but then again, 20 is a nice round number, and I agree that in this compilation, here are Bread's 20 finest songs.

SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars So sweet!, 9 July 2010
Well, I eventually decided to buy this product, having read several reviews (mostly positive). I was not disappointed with it, it does everything it is supposed to, and it was extremely easy to transfer my music files from my PC onto it, and I filled it up very quickly! The sound quality is very good, as are the earphones that come with it, and it clips perfectly onto my handbag. I cannot fault it at all. All I need to do now is get a battery charger, so that I don't have to keep turning on my laptop to charge it up. I can't wait to take it on holiday!

All is Not Enough
All is Not Enough
by Meg Hutchinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Perseverance well paid off, 26 April 2010
This review is from: All is Not Enough (Paperback)
OK, this book describes horrific practices in graphic detail, so much so that I almost gave up with it. Even towards the end, I was wondering whether the main character, Regan Trent, would escape the evil brought upon her by her step father. It's just a shame that he didn't get the come-uppance he deserved, but at least the ending proved satisfactory and I'm so pleased I didn't give up. Unfortunately, these horrific things do happen in real life, and it seems that the author just intended to make the reader aware of what can happen within families. For anyone who has been put off by the author after reading this, think again, she has written many a good un-put-downable novel!

Page: 1 | 2