Profile for Sedtin > Reviews

Content by Sedtin

Sedtin

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Sept. 2013
I caused a lot of fuss to the seller (sorry!!!), but they dealt with me well and I got what I wanted. It's a brilliant quality and so is the carving! I brought it for my boyfriend before he moved away, as a symbol of our commitment and I got our personal joke engraved on the dog tag. I cannot express how much it meant to him and me. Thank you so much!!!
I do strongly recommend this to others and I will be buying from them again! :D

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 8 Sept. 2013
I brought this but the double side engraving. The quality of this product is brilliant and beautiful. The engraving is well done, giving it a extra glow. I brought this for my boyfriend as a commitment present, he loves it.
Therefore I do recommend this product to those who are thinking of buying it. :)
As I will be buying from them again!

The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall [DVD]
The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ramin Karimloo

3.0 out of 5 stars Being a Media student, 27 Nov. 2011
I couldnt wait to watch this when i got it! I was so looking forward to it, seeing it in theatre and the film version. However when i watched it, i found it very disappointing. The opening was good until i saw the Viscount Raoul de Chagny in the auction, the way he looked! He looked late middle not as old as he should be in that part! =/
From then on i notice the filming angle and shot and editing was not very good. As you miss out loads of the stage and props! For a person who never watched the phantom of the opera and watched this for the first time, they may find it confusing BUT the story still gets told.....so no worries.
The editing, some parts are good with the cutting but most of it is not. Such as they miss out some lines/scenes, buts its not major scene... so its ok i guess..? While the effect is simply fade, which is nicely used in some parts.... though alot of the time the fading is either dragged to long soo you can not actually see what is that you ment to see or simply unneeded.
However on the bright side, the masquerade scene was nice, how they did not use any dummies and had 3 monkey instead of one. Sadly some filming angle ruin it such as when the phantom enter, a worms eye view behind Christen dress? no! pointless shot!. But i suppose they do try to show the way the Audience see it. =/
The use of projection screen was nice especially when the door open when the phantom enter in masquerade. It gave out a nice effect and shows the audience the beauty of the costume.
Carlotta sung amazingly! Some part in the singing i was ifty with such as the ending of The Phantom Of The Opera leading on to Music Of The Night, they rushed abit there. Then of course when christen took the mask off the phantom, she delayed in giving back the mask....
However i dont like the mask! They changed it! How it got hint of the colour purple, at first i thought it was the lighting effects but its not. Also the slick pointy bit at the end and the eyebrow shape, its like really??? Along with some lines that changed it... Why not stick the original look and idea? =/ Sucks that they did not move most of the props to the Royal Albert Hall, such as the door to show Christen is in a room after she sang Think Of Me. As there was no door or such it made like it was simply a table backstage, no sign of how important she is.

Though i would of loved to watch this in Royal Albert Hall, the feel would be so much different! From what i seen, if watching it live...it would of been amazing.Especially at then end when the orginal cast came and the Phantom's sung The Phantom Of The Opera and Music Of The Night! That part took me away! =D
But overall this is still worth watching and probably just me seeing it this way, my point of view.... ^-^"
Worth buying! Happy Watching people! =)
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2012 10:59 PM BST