ARRAY(0xab56f594)

Profile for Mr. Colin Crews > Reviews

Content by Mr. Colin Crews

Mr. Colin Crews "Mick Crews" (Berkhamsted, Herts. UK)

A1: Portrait of a Road
A1: Portrait of a Road
by Jon Nicholson

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting portrayal of what good be a mundane subject, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: A1: Portrait of a Road (Hardcover)
I chose as a birthday gift for a good friend and it hit the spot. A great present for him.

Rick Stein's Spain: 140 New Recipes Inspired by My Journey Off the Beaten Track
Rick Stein's Spain: 140 New Recipes Inspired by My Journey Off the Beaten Track
by Rick Stein
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Rick Stein in Spain, 21 Mar 2013
This is one of the few cook books that I have read from cover to cover. It's a good read as well as full of great recipes..

The Rag and Bone Shop of the Heart: Poems for Men
The Rag and Bone Shop of the Heart: Poems for Men
by Robert Bly
Price: 10.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rich & Profound Book of Poetry, 10 Feb 2012
The Rag and Bone Shop of the Heart contains a very rich wide ranging sweep of poetry. On a two week trip to Bangladesh working for the Hunger Project I took only this book and read it from cover. If you are looking for some old favourites, new favourites or you are relatively new to poetry it is the book to read.

Mick Crews

Guide to the Management Gurus: The Best Guide to Business Thinkers
Guide to the Management Gurus: The Best Guide to Business Thinkers
by Carol Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars meeting old friends, 9 Nov 2011
This is just the book you need when you know that somebody said something important in the field of management thinking. You think that you have the gist of it and want to be sure. Also to fill in the memory gap; who the devil said that?

The Guide to Management Thinking has a prime place on my shelf of frequently consulted reference works.

Any Human Heart
Any Human Heart
by William Boyd

5.0 out of 5 stars A quiet surprise, 26 April 2010
This review is from: Any Human Heart (Paperback)
This book was chosen by a book club member; I probably would not have read it otherwise.

After a slow start, during which I had to work hard to persist, the book became a page turnet for me.

The subject had either an extraordinary life lived at low key or like many others led an extraordinary life without being overly conscious of it.

I love the language and the fact that there were gaps in the tale. It caused me seemed to reflect on the story of my own life. Some of it is crystal clear and sharply remembered other parts are quite hazy or just not there in my memory.

mick crews

Einstein: His Life and Universe
Einstein: His Life and Universe
by Walter Isaacson
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I was surprised, 2 Aug 2009
This was a book that was chosen for me by being a member of a Book Club. I would not have chosen it for myself.

I enjoyed the way the book unfolded and it was possible to read it like a story, not a dry worthy biography.

The author presents the whole Einstein. There is no attempt to glam it up. And I am learning some science as I go along.