Profile for Marcus Perkins > Reviews

Marcus Perkins

Apple Magic TrackPad & Wireless Keyboard Clique Dock system by Henge Docks
Apple Magic TrackPad & Wireless Keyboard Clique Dock system by Henge Docks

2.0 out of 5 stars Try the Twelve South Magic Wand instead, 10 May 2013
I battled with one of these for about a year and have recently given up and moved the Twelve South Magic Wand which is much better.

The main issue with this item is as others have already said, the manufacturing tolerances are so tight that the dock impact on the performance of the trackpad.
The Keyboard was fine for me and dock on the whole provided a nice solution for a Mac Mini under the TV.

However soon we were experiencing issues. The Trackpad button would stay depressed rendering it useless and requiring the Trackpad to be removed and reinserted.
Then the Trackpad would start to turn itself off as the on off button is located on one side and was being depressed by the edge of the Dock.

All of these make it a 2 star for me and that is generous as in reality this product is not fit for purpose.

Opteka SB-1 Mini Universal Studio Soft Box Flash Diffuser for Canon EOS, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony, Sigma, & Other External Flash Units
Offered by 47th Street Photo

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - what a bargain, 10 May 2013
I love this product as it was a surprise.i brought this for an event photo shoot where I would be taking pictures of small groups of people and close ups of cars.

It worked all night long attached to my SB 800 on and off camera. For the price, this is the best bit of photo gear I have brought in a while.

Very easy to fit as well

SanDisk SDSDX-032G-X46 Extreme SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card up to 45 MB/s read - 32 GB
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars As usual - very good from sandisk, 10 May 2013
Hard to get too excited but this works well. Quick read and write times make this very useful
Highly recommended

Neo G LEFT MEDICAL GRADE Shoulder Support fully adjustable for tightness/compression UNISEX - Breathable Model
Offered by Online Sports Support Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Seemed to work, 10 May 2013
I used this recently when fitting a new kitchen, I was suffering with very sharp pain in my left shoulder due to a congenital condition.
This supported the arm well and I was able to Carry on working without the shoulder slipping from the socket.

I will add that I'm a big chap and this support performed well

It did become a little uncomfortable at the end of the day. (Thank god I don't have to wear a bra)....

40mm DW1 WIDE BAND PRO MC UV Filter Multi Coated for Fujifilm FinePix X10 & X-Pro1 (No extra adapter ring is required)
Offered by A-21 World

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 10 May 2013
I brought this to replace the lens cap on my Fuji x10.
The lens cap is not attached and is a pain to carry around

With tis filter attached, I can for the cap all together and must give the filter a quick wipe when required

Apple Mini DisplayPort / Thunderbolt to HDMI Adapter cable by Neet® - (for Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air - iMac + PC with Mini DP etc. * Note: Supports new THUNDERBOLT port *) - Special Silver Edition *** WITH AUDIO ***
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solution, 10 May 2013
I brought this to improve the signal from a Mac Mini situated under our TV. Previously I had used an HDMI cable plugged directly into the MacMini and we less than impressed with the picture quality

Having done some Research I found that the quality was improved by using the mini display port instead of the HDMI socket for output from the Mac mini.

This has worked well, good product

Twelve South MagicWand for Mac | Connects Magic Trackpad to Apple Wireless Keyboard - trackpad and keyboard not included

5.0 out of 5 stars Best solution for keyboard and trackpad, 10 May 2013
I brought this to replace a Henge Dock Clique product that we had been using for a year.
That had been so frustrating that I thought we would try the Twelve South version.
What a revelation. It was easy to fit and hold both items together very securely.

We use this in the front room with a Mac Mini under the TV and it has worked perfectly.

One note is that when it is on a soft surface ie sofa, it is difficult to click the trackpad due to its design.
This is overcome by switching in Tap to Click in the System Preferences in OSX.

Extra Value Twin Pack - 7dayshop Battery Tester Suitable for AA, AAA, C, D, 9 Volt Batteries and All Button Cell and Watch Batteries
Offered by 7dayshop Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic and perfect, 10 May 2013
I have had two of these for two years now and they have worked perfectly. They work on all kinds of batteries and are invaluable around the house.
Highly recommended.

NETGEAR WN2000RPT-100UKS N300 Mbps 802.11n Universal Wi-Fi Desktop Range Extender (Wi-Fi Booster)

5.0 out of 5 stars At last something that works, 4 April 2011
I had tried to extend my network after moving my office to the back of the house. The Belkin router I tried never actually got working despite hours of research online and playing with IP addresses....
Enter the Netgear Universal Wifi range extender. The price was more than I wanted to pay however it arrived this morning and it is fantastic.
I set it up in the kitchen an equal distance between the office and the BT Home Hub router.
1 Plug it in.
2 Open browser on Mac and connect to Netgear EXT.
3 Enter network password and 3 minutes later I had a new connection with full bars in the office.

The nice thing with this product is it keeps the same name as the current network with EXT on the end and the same password.

A brilliant bit of kit that works out of the box. Highly recommended !