Profile for Steven Lord > Reviews

Franco Manca: Artisan Pizza to Make Perfectly at Home
by Giuseppe Mascoli
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant technique - Best pizza, 6 April 2014
I've been trying to replicate the authentic crispy stone baked pizza in my home oven for years and finally this book has all the answers. I've thrown away my useless pizza stone in favour of the superb, faultless cooking method in this book. Just a quick tip: I use 50% strong unbleached bread flour and 50% '00" flour in my dough - it's the perfect mix of crispy base with a slightly chewy crust.

The pizza toppings in this book are very good too. It will not disappoint the pizza lover. Next, I will be building an outdoor wood-fired pizza oven!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2014 9:36 AM BST

XMI X-Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule Speaker for iPhone/iPad/iPod/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black
Price: 9.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 28 April 2011
Small, but incredible sound and deep bass for the size of it. Comes with us an all trips abroad now.

The Italian Diet
The Italian Diet
by Gino D'Acampo

5.0 out of 5 stars Italian food is the way to go!, 30 July 2010
This review is from: The Italian Diet (Paperback)
Absolutely first rate book! There's a really inspiring section at the front about dieting, followed by a really good mix of recipes to use everyday of the week. The recipes are so tasty, yet low fat and nutritious. We've been using the book for about 3 weeks now and my wife has already lost half a stone!

Panasonic KX-TG8423EM Triple DECT Phone with Colour Screen and Answering Machine - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Best choice!, 19 Jan 2010
I purchased this product on the strength of the reviews on here, and the fact that my previous cordless for the past 7 years was a Panasonic.

The phones look very stylish and clearly display time and date on one of the screen savers. I love the feature which allows you to copy the stored numbers to all phones. I particularly like the 'night mode' which prevents incoming calls during your pre-set time through the night (we often get drunks ringing for taxis and pizza!) however you can of course opt to allow certain numbers in the phone memory to get through.

Overall, a brilliant phone system for home or office.

The Curry Secret : Indian Restaurant Cookery at Home
The Curry Secret : Indian Restaurant Cookery at Home
by Kris Dhillon

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, and simple!, 16 Jun 2002
I've been trying various curry recipes for the last two years and have never been able to re-create that wonderful taste we are familiar with in Indian restaurants - until now!
This book is simple and to the point. There are no photographs (but who needs them for a curry?), just the basic recipes which mainly consist of one basic base sauce. I was surprised to learn that unlike with some Indian cook books, the ingredients list is quite short, yet there is great depth to the flavour of the dishes.
Follow the instructions precisely and you will be able to enjoy fabulous home made curries.