Profile for Giles Deacon > Reviews

Content by Giles Deacon

Giles Deacon

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Love Never Dies (2CD+DVD Special Edition)
Love Never Dies (2CD+DVD Special Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutley Loved it!, 4 May 2010
I have been a Phantom of the Opera fan for quite some time now, and was obviously a bit sceptical about a sequel. I agree that the ending of the first ends perfectly and nothing should spoil it... however. When you listen and see the beautiful and exciting music on this show, it transports you to Coney Island and enters to the world of, Love Never Dies. I shall review (in my mind) the main, key songs:

Prologue: The show starts 9 years after the events of Love Never Dies with Madame Giry and a woman called Miss Fleck. Madame Giry (in her mind) is transported into the past to see the events of Love Never Dies. Nothing much to say about this I mean... it's a Prologue?!?
Coney Island Waltz: Now this is a wonderful piece of music. Yes it may not quite meet the standards of the original overture in POTO but it is nevertheless and very good piece of music. Visually on stage it is amazing with spectacular effects on stage. (I am going to try and not give any spoilers away in my review!)
Heaven By The Sea: The immigrants singing about how wonderful Coney Island is! YAY! Quite a cheesy yet enjoyable song which is toe-tappingly annoying! Quite catchy :)
Till I Hear Your Sing: The first of the Phantom's songs and no matter what people say, it is defitley a true Phantom song. It fits perfectly with the style of music we were used too in POTO. Great singing by Ramin Karmiloo and acting in such a beautiful song.
Beneath a Moonless Sky: The first confrontation between the Phantom and Christine. They basically sing about how the Phantom left Christine the night they both had... err, yer no. Beautiful music and singing, possibly my favourite song.
The Beauty Underneath: Haha, the Beauty Underneath. A Controversial song to say the least, never mind the disturbing lyrics! People say that this song is too rocky and doesn't suit Phantom, however I would say it is no more so than the title song to POTO. I mean think about it, they are both rocky and doesn't really suit the show, however both excellent songs. The things you see on stage during this song is amazing! I like this song and has grown on me and I find it very enjoyable.
Why Does She Love: In Act 2 we meet Raoul in a bar at the morning shift, drunk and feeling sorry for himself, as he can't understand why Christine loves him... he's got me! Nice, gentle song and makes you actually feel quite sorry for Raoul.
Devil Take the Hindmost: I think my favourite song in the show. I love it. A real strong battle between the Phantom and Raoul as the Phantom makes a 'winner-takes-it-all' bet. Great song with a nice beat and pulse.?
Bathing Beauty: Hmmmm. Well can I just say... IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A SERIOUS SONG IDIOT! It is supposed to be a parody of the cheesy, sloppy American music you got back then. Yes it's not a great song but its not supposed to be taken seriously.
Before the Performance: Basically here Raoul and the the Phantom go to Christine to try and convince her their way. (You'll understand when you listen to it).
Love Never Dies: The song that the whole show has been leading up to, the song the Phantom has written for her and he now 'Does Here Her Sing'. Nice song which is sung beautifully by Sierra Bogges.
The last three songs are more scenes then songs so I can't really review them. I can just say they are dramatic and very exciting with a sad (as usual) ending!

So, I really love this musical and think it is the best in the decade (last decade, obviously)! It has great music and singing, with lots of drama and exciting scenes. Honestly if your one of those people, like I was, who is afraid or refuses to see it as they think it will spoil POTO, then don't fear, because Love Never Dies is an amazing musical that definetley live up to POTO!

21st Century Breakdown
21st Century Breakdown
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album!, 3 Feb 2010
This review is from: 21st Century Breakdown (Audio CD)
This is a classic Green Day album with some truly amazing songs! The songs are so tuneful yet still rock out as hard as possible! Fantastic songs and I just plain love this album!!

21st Century Breakdown: (Piano, Vocal, Guitar) (Pvg)
21st Century Breakdown: (Piano, Vocal, Guitar) (Pvg)
by Green Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 24 Nov 2009
I absolutley love this album and seeing as I am on Grade 6 piano, I thought I would give it a go. I can tell you it is a fantastic book, it has a proper piano part in left and right hand. Difficulty would range all over, some are easy some are hard. Some particular easier songs are: 21st Century Breakdown, 21 Guns and See the Light. This is a great music book and recommend you get it!

Michael McIntyre - Live & Laughing [DVD]
Michael McIntyre - Live & Laughing [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Mcintyre
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 1 Sep 2009
I orginally saw Michael McIntyre performing at 'Live at the Apollo' (which is also included on the DVD), and I found him the funniest comedian I have ever seen! So with the release of the DVD 'Live and Laughing' I had high expectations... and those were definetley met! This was unbelievably funny and I didn't stop laughing for the whole time!
I would go as far to say that Michael McIntyre is the KING OF OBSERVATIONAL HUMOUR and definetley one of the best comedians around! It is guaranteed that you will laugh non-stop if you watch this!

X-Men 3: The Last Stand [Blu-ray]
X-Men 3: The Last Stand [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Patrick Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 10 Aug 2009
Why does everyone think this is bad? I think it's great! Great action, great action and great effects. What more could you want?!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2009 10:30 PM BST

The Phantom of the Opera  [Blu-ray] [2004]
The Phantom of the Opera [Blu-ray] [2004]
Dvd ~ Gerard Butler

5.0 out of 5 stars Phantom Mania!, 10 Aug 2009
I first saw this film at school when we had to do a Music Evaluatiuon on it. Me being stupid, I thought it was going to be extremely boring with a terrible storyline, I also thought that the whole movie would be in Black and White! Boy was I wrong! It was amazing! It had such great music in it and I loved the Overture especially! The lush, thick orchestra is amazing!

I love the acting from Gerard Butler and Emma Rossum, not so much from Patrick Wilson but he was okay! The singing was great especially from Gerry in the 'Music of the Night'. I can tell you now, it didn't take me long to write the evaluation since there's so muh good stuff!

If you're not a Musical fan, you really should give it a chance because it's better than any other musical, in fact it may just be the best musical ever mad! I strongly recommend that you get this because it is just so good!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Doctor Who the Journal of Impossible Things and Sonic Screwdriver
Doctor Who the Journal of Impossible Things and Sonic Screwdriver
Offered by BRUNGLES

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Detail!, 25 April 2009
I agree with some other comments saying that this product may be for the more teens and adult Doctor Who fan. But what is true about it is that the detail is fantastic!
There are 78 PAGES filled with loads of info on his dreams, which you can read because it has been actually written, it isn't just a load of scribbles it is actually writing!!! The attention to detail is fantastic with crosses out and the odd smudge mark. There are 20 pages left for you to write in so it can also be used by yourself which is handy. It is sealed in a leather appearence which looks very good and proffesional. It also gives you a sonic scredriver which doesn't make a noise, but the sound and look of it is a lot more like the one used in the TV series, compared to the other Sonic selled.
Overall I have to say that the Doctor Who team have done amazingly with this and is something that I certainly do not regret buying!

Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead, 2009 Easter Special   [DVD]
Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead, 2009 Easter Special [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Tennant

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 8 April 2009
I was a bit unsure about his episode, I saw the advert and was a bit confused buy it, but everything made sense int the end and it turned it to be a thrilling episode!
A unusual woman is stealing an expensive item for a museum, she escaped but there were police after her. So to escape she takes a big red bus, which the doctor is also on. With police chasing the bus they went into a tunnel... and from then on mayhem unravelled. I will not give anything away for people who have not seen it.
But I have to say to everyone, this episode was thrilling. It had an alien planet (even though it may not seem like it), it had the girl with the doctor, it had comedy with Lee Evans, and obviously something that completes Doctor Who... death! There was also a rather gruesome death when a man becomes a skeleton, which may earn this DVD a 12 certificate!
But overall this was a great episode, worth the wait and I am very excited to the next special which is previewed at the end of the epsiode!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2009 2:45 PM BST

Harry Hill's TV Burp Gold [DVD]
Harry Hill's TV Burp Gold [DVD]
Dvd ~ Harry Hill
Offered by gowingsstoreltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic TV Burp, 26 Jan 2009
The best clips from TV Burp on DVD, what more could you ask for?! It has moments which will make you choke with laughter with Harry Hill acting at his best! A great buy and one to recommend!

Quantum of Solace (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2008]
Quantum of Solace (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bond!, 24 Jan 2009
This was the ultimate James Bond film with amazing scenes with Daniel Craig playing Bond perfectly, the stunts were amazing with a great story so this film is great!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6