Profile for JAY > Reviews

Given as a present

Nowhere Girl
Nowhere Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Ruth Dugdall has a sure touch. I believe in ..., 6 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Nowhere Girl (Kindle Edition)
Ruth Dugdall has a sure touch. I believe in her characters and she weaves a compelling plot. I think I've read everything she's written since I first discovered her by accident.

The Secret Scripture
The Secret Scripture
by Sebastian Barry

4.0 out of 5 stars This was a 'slow burn' read for me. It ..., 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Secret Scripture (Paperback)
This was a 'slow burn' read for me. It was one month's book group read or I'd never have chosen it but I found the characters got under my skin. I ended up really enjoying the read though I found the ending, with its coincidences unbelievable.

A Possible Life
A Possible Life
by Sebastian Faulks

3.0 out of 5 stars I really liked Faulk's earlier books, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: A Possible Life (Paperback)
Disapointing. I really liked Faulk's earlier books. I found this one lacked sublety and told you everything, leaving nothing for the reader to work out.

When Will There Be Good News?: (Jackson Brodie)
When Will There Be Good News?: (Jackson Brodie)

3.0 out of 5 stars She's a good but distant author, 11 Nov. 2014
Still reading. She's a good but distant author, there's a coldness about her work, not just with some of her characters.

"Elastic Medical Grade Class 2 (23-32 mmHg) Open Toe COMPRESSION SOCKS"
"Elastic Medical Grade Class 2 (23-32 mmHg) Open Toe COMPRESSION SOCKS"
Offered by ELAST

4.0 out of 5 stars Like all support socks these can feel tight under the ..., 31 Oct. 2014
Like all support socks these can feel tight under the knee by the end of a day but they are better than others in that the overall length of the leg (ankle to knee) is good. (Others have ended up much too long).

Medical Weight Wide Calf Open Toe Compression Socks - 20-20mmHg
Medical Weight Wide Calf Open Toe Compression Socks - 20-20mmHg
Offered by Pebble UK

3.0 out of 5 stars The wide calf socks are hard to get on but ..., 13 Oct. 2014
The wide calf socks are hard to get on but, once on, fit quite well apart from ending up too long & therefore bunching uncomfortably in places.

Harry's Last Stand: How the world my generation built is falling down, and what we can do to save it
by Harry Leslie Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a good read, full of passion and clear argument, 8 July 2014
This is a moving plea for the retention of everything the Atlee government achieved, especially the National Health Service. It is a good read, full of passion and clear argument. I'll be sending this as presents to several people.

Holloway
Holloway
by Dan Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars Hollloways (traditional paths) and medaeval history linked, 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Holloway (Hardcover)
Given as a present. Received with delight because of the way holloways were described and related to the history of the areas they passed through..

For King or Commons: Inside Story of Roundheads and Cavaliers
For King or Commons: Inside Story of Roundheads and Cavaliers
by Harry T. Sutton

4.0 out of 5 stars National Trust publication for children., 10 Nov. 2013
Written with child-centred language. Clear information and useful illustrations provided which were useful additions to the text
Clear and informative about the period and the causes of the Civil War.

Page: 1 | 2