Profile for Ms M > Reviews

After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse
After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse
Price: 6.42

1.0 out of 5 stars A let down & waste of money, 5 Nov 2013
I feel like an idiot after spending good money on this. I had hoped for more than a few measly sentences for each character, some of whom were so unimportant to the series that it took longer to work out who they were than to read most of this "book". This should have been a feature on the author's website so interested fans could look up a character but to attach the ludicrous price is simply robbing readers who have purchased the entire series by now.

Flexitol Cuticle & Nail Cream 20g
Flexitol Cuticle & Nail Cream 20g
Offered by Pharmacy Place
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Best skin repair cream for fingers and hands, 5 Oct 2013
I really love this balm, as a recovering nail biter I still have a habit of picking at the skin around my nails and this is the only treatment I've found which not only soothes and repairs the damage to an extent, but also reduces the likelihood of picking any further. I'm sure it would be just as helpful for anyone with dry cuticles or skin around the fingers.

Australian Tea Tree Organic Antiseptic Cream 50ml
Australian Tea Tree Organic Antiseptic Cream 50ml
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't be without it, 5 Oct 2013
A soothing and beneficial cream, this is handy for all kinds of skin problems. I love the smell of tea tree anyway and this cream is fresh and easily absorbed.

Flying Frenzy Interactive Feather Cat Toy- 39" Single length Rod
Flying Frenzy Interactive Feather Cat Toy- 39" Single length Rod
Offered by Purrs In Our Hearts
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best cat toy I've ever bought, 5 Oct 2013
This toy thoroughly deserves a 5 star rating, it feels very high quality and is really appealing to both cat and owner.
Our middle-aged cat, adopted 5 months ago, is already obsessed with it and goes mad chasing after the feathers. The real bonus is how happy & relaxed she is after playing and I think this is helping calm her nerves as she's still adjusting to a new home. Our other cat is totally uninterested in it but I think she's just sulking because her sister adores it and it's no reflection on the appeal of the Frenzy toy itself. Great that there are so many replacement ends available and that this is a British made product. I haven't bought the other well-known imitation bird cat toy as the price put me off, but I can't imagine that it would be any better.

Microplane Premium Zester, Black
Microplane Premium Zester, Black
Offered by BOSTO-Design
Price: 17.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the expense, 16 Dec 2012
I debated whether to order this grater as it seemed quite expensive. However, the cheaper version I bought first of all mauled any fruit I tried to zest and proved to be a false economy. Now having used this Microplane grater while making Christmas puddings & cakes, it is definitely worth every penny & more.

The Essential Guide to Overcoming Avoidant Personality Disorder
The Essential Guide to Overcoming Avoidant Personality Disorder
Price: 22.62

1.0 out of 5 stars Not merely disappointing but also disturbing, 15 April 2011
I deeply regret purchasing this book and would not recommend it to anybody wishing to learn about Avoidant personality disorder, especially if they are seeking assistance with their own mental health issues. The tone is overwhelmingly negative and I felt that the author presents those he calls "avoidants" as malign and perverse individuals who cause as much (if not more) harm to others through their behaviour than to themselves. I was astonished to find the author including an extract from a reader's unfavourable review of his work in order to be able to refute it and his sensivity to critcism appears a few times in the text. I found no beneficial advice in this volume at all, the focus is on patients who seek or are in relationships and the author's main goal seems to be to highlight behaviour that he classifies as sabotaging committment. This is of no relevance to AvPD "patients" who are not concerned with these issues or who are at different stages in their lives. I could go on about features of this text which I found distasteful, the multiple case examples did not seem to serve any purpose other than to list negative behaviours on the part of the subjects. I took great offence at the recommendations in Chapter 20 regarding the types of professions the author would recommend to people with AvPD. Overall, I have no idea who this book is aimed at, the tone of the writing comes across as hostile and the reader concerned about AvPD will neither gain clarity nor feel in any way understood or supported.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2012 5:55 PM BST